Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests 2024

Kim Site Admin

NEW YEAR NEW STYLE REQUEST TOPIC

So as to not overwhelm the rest of the board, and to keep things all in one easy place for me to reference, please post all character style suggestions and endorsements in this thread. :)

I'll keep track of the number of times a style idea (and variations of those styles) are requested or voted for, to give some sense of what priority to give them.

You may vote for as many different styles as you think you would personally use, but please vote for each one only once.

This doesn't mean the 2022/2023 requests have been completely forgotten, I'll still peruse those as well, but let's use this one going forward. :)
Loving the new victorian style! :)

Suggestions
- Lab Experiment (Laboratory capsules, syringes, etc..)
- Dark bedroom with flashlight (FNAF 4 inspired)
- Pizza Parlor (FNAF inspired)
- More victorian styles- *whacked in the head*
- Locations in Ireland (Artemis Fowl inspired)
- 2000s aesthetic (2000s computer looking thing)
- Notebook (like a paper notebook you write on type of thing)
- Business card

Color scheme suggestions
- Sepia
- RPR Light Theme
- RPR Dark Theme
- Composition Book colors
There should be some cuter animal based themes! All the current ones are more "cool" focused. Maybe a cat one and a dog one?
Farienne (played anonymously)

I love the new Victorian styles! the red fits perfect for this character. She was using the 'Victorian Lace' in red before.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Farienne wrote:
I love the new Victorian styles! the red fits perfect for this character. She was using the 'Victorian Lace' in red before.
I'm so happy! :D
Suggestions!

-DRAGONS!
-Money!
-Cats!
-Butterflies!
-Diamonds/Jewelry
-Peacock/Teal
Good work on the Victorian styles!

I'll add a list of styles I'd like to see...

• 1960s Psychedelia
• 1920s Prohibition City
• 1900s Steam Locomotive
• Expanse style space station
• Middle Earth/Tolkien Themes

I know I can work on some of these myself and make them available for Epic users....
Elven forests
Dwarven underground city.
Kingdom next to the shoreline.
Monsoon.
Stationery (I saw someone say 'composition book colors' and it made me think of it :D)
  • Could go from scribbly doctor handwriting all the way to little cute characters and bubble handwriting. There's a whole spectrum of things you could do here I think :D

Frogs. I just really love froggies and toads. <3

Unfortunately I don't have as many suggestions as I usually do with these things, but it's also 5:45 in the morning, so don't judge me too hard xD
I know I'm probably the only one to suggest some of these, but I would love to see it either way!

- Nostalgic point-and-click, pixel themed style that's elaborate enough for a complicated character, but also simple enough to keep the pixel-y aesthetic.
- Hud display for the futuristic, science fiction types -- I believe Claine suggested this at one point.
- Something chic, modern, and sleek with an appeal for the kind of characters that aren't fantastical, supernatural, or godly. Just a normal, everyday Joe with car, a job, and an affinity for the slice-of-life genre.
- ART DECO, PLEASE!

I feel like I could go crazy with this, but I'll refrain, hah hah!

Atheist wrote:
that's elaborate enough for a complicated character

I need clarification on this please?
Sssssooo, it might help with some of these if folks could better describe something like how what they're hoping for might differ from existing things that seem like they'd match what's being asked for? I know that there's been many times I've liked some aspects about some styles, but then other aspects of them just didn't quite work for what I wanted... So maybe referring to existing ones could be a starting point? (And yeah, I'll only be going through the official ones, of course.)

Looking back through things for some of the requests I see so far....

Lab

DNA Test set
dnared.png dnablack.png dnagreen.png dnapurple.png dnablue.png dnateal.png

Maybe a stretch with Dossier, Bone Case, Hospital, Lurker, Vibe-rant or Alchemy sets
dossier.png bonecase.jpg bonecase-sepia.jpg hospital-light.jpg hospital-dark.jpg hospital-abandoned.jpg lurking.png vibe-rantpurple.png alchemy-default.png alchemy-prague.png

Notebook, stationary

Parchment set
parchmentredwax.png parchmentpurplewax.png parchmentgreenwax.png parchmentink.png

Treasure on the High Seas, Private Correspondence, Piano
treasureonthehighseas.png privatecorrespondence.png piano.png

Dossier
dossier.png

Library set
library-light.png library-dark.png

I'll also throw out there that, while they'd need work (two are outdated for the system and two are incomplete), I'd be totally fine with either of my Light Notes or Heavy Notes styles being made into official, free ones. One of my main goals with them was to rely on CSS effects instead of images.
template-195-1641431832.jpg template-7292-1657779436.jpg template-397-1641424632.jpg

An issue with the vast majority of handwriting-like typefaces is that they can be really hard to read when small, in large blocks, and/or is someone has some vision issues, so probably shouldn't expect too much for the main body text. If you're really determined, though, it's pretty easy to take a typeface used somewhere on the page and apply it to most other text as desired.

Pizza Parlor

'Za set
pizza-pepperoni-dark.jpg pizza-mushroom.jpg pizza-pepperoni.jpg pizza-mushroom-dark.jpg

For FNaF vibes, potentially Rave, Industrial Grunge, or the Mechanic set are worth considering
rave.png industrialgrunge.png mechanic.jpg mechanic-red.jpg

Peacock, teal

Feathers (Peacock)
feathers-peacock.jpg

Fairy Frolics (Default)
fairyfrolics.jpg

(teal-ish things labeled as "blue")
Arcana (Blue)
bluearcana.png
Stone (Shale)
stoneshale.png
Wolves in the Forest (Night)
wolvesintheforestnight.png
DNA Test (Teal)
dnateal.png
Vibe-rant (Tourmaline Wave)
viberant-tourmaline.jpg
Victorian Filigree (Navy)
victorian-filigree-navy.jpg

(teal-ish things labeled as "green")
Mithril Sword (Green)
mithrilswordgreen.png
Wolves in the Forest (Original)
wolvesintheforest.png
Vibe-rant (Tourmaline Wave)
viberant-tourmaline.jpg
Hospital (Dark)
hospital-dark.jpg

Butterflies

Butterfly set
butterflywhispers.png butterflyshadow.png butterflykisses.png butterflyshowers.png

Jewelry, gems, money

Treasure on the High Seas
treasureonthehighseas.png

Private Correspondence
privatecorrespondence.png

Treasure Map
treasuremap.png

Sci-fi HUD

Super Computer set
supercomputer.png roguesupercomputer.png sleeksupercomputer.png daftsupercomputer.png

Hacker set
hackerblue.png hackergreen.png hackerred.png

Still visually workable, the many colored DNA Test set and Rave
dnateal.png rave.png

And there's more I know I could pull stuff for, but I wanna be done for now. ^^;
Kim wrote:

The pixel-based, video game styled themes we do have are very pleasant, but some of which aren't designed to have multiple pages or have a lot of extra information for your characters. I was thinking something that had more to it than just a monitor-esque view or a title screen. Point-and-clicks have very elaborate scenes that move fluidly from one screen to the next but are generally stationary which is why I think it would make a neat character style. It could be fantastical, modern, science fiction, etc.

I was thinking the command boxes could hold the text, the scene, of course be the backdrop, the top be a sort of banner that meshes into the scene to introduce your character, and even have inventory slots be the page selection or something like the Yes/No/Maybe chart. I haven't hashed out the whole aesthetic, but the cursor could even be the stereotypical 'finger pointer' that's commonly used in point-and-clicks.

Here are a few examples:

1*79-mhPlhOpyJqZzcQTa8_A.gif
1*X7CJTo6K063NPK0VJAbdZQ.jpeg
simon4.jpg

I know I'm not the most clear or concise individual especially since it's all in my head and I don't have exactly what I'm thinking put perfectly into words, but the concept is nostalgic for an older folk like me either way. I hope I've helped better explained my intention for point-and-click pixel style.

Atheist wrote:
Kim wrote:

The pixel-based, video game styled themes we do have are very pleasant, but some of which aren't designed to have multiple pages or have a lot of extra information for you characters.

Oh I see, yes. Being capable of handling a whole range of different characters is one of the requirements for official styles. User-made styles vary dramatically on what they're willing to accommodate, and I believe we have no official pixel-based themes at present.
Kim wrote:
Atheist wrote:
Kim wrote:

The pixel-based, video game styled themes we do have are very pleasant, but some of which aren't designed to have multiple pages or have a lot of extra information for you characters.

Oh I see, yes. Being capable of handling a whole range of different characters is one of the requirements for official styles. User-made styles vary dramatically on what they're willing to accommodate, and I believe we have no official pixel-based themes at present.

Excellent -- I'm glad I was able to get that out there. I'm not very good at explaining things, alas. My apologies!
Since @Zelphyr mentioned this.. I shall try my best to elaborate!

Lab (TW: Medical Supplies, possibly disturbing..)
ca0ffa23c54e482ccc033e66c1661f42.jpg
814e738d69d0932fb126f96056755e52.jpg
39ae4ec2a7d9d44090596b5a137988be.jpg
e0e50c7e1964d8e8bbd3173b25ffa674.jpg
4fc702c4f5bd8c32fd6b68dda1501191.jpg

Notebook
a917e3a75dceb4a06383e7ef554cf962.jpg
5861125cbd748a24b7f7c7cb0bc19041.jpg
2b0f5556fd1d33199e358361199af3fb.jpg
4011a0e9d7fae365bfa85021b22c150e.jpg

Pizza Parlor
be44a53a3c61a21d30712f525778a356.jpg
a5836b8d2a3b92851b914369bfcdbaba.jpg
cf68ab30c19e1711be62f6e363cd61b0.jpg
0db843de231e1b1b5de512e141139c03.jpg
df36da3f262eb70ff7012b8ac94d0f9d.jpg

I'll elaborate on more of my ideas later, but these were the main ones with confusion, right? :)
The literal embodiment of Death.
I would love like rock music style dicso club or something like that. (i have more ideas, but i forgot.)

I just want to note -- I'm not able to make official styles for copyrighted or trademarked properties like LOTR or FNAF. I can do general impressionistic concepts that use some of the same principles, but there's not going to be an official style that features, say, the actual Doors of Durin or any of the FNAF animatronics or characters.
Kim wrote:
I just want to note -- I'm not able to make official styles for copyrighted or trademarked properties like LOTR or FNAF. I can do general impressionistic concepts that use some of the same principles, but there's not going to be an official style that features, say, the actual Doors of Durin or any of the FNAF animatronics or characters.

I'm aware of that, yeah, I just mean more.. of like, the vibes and aesthetic of FNAF rather than it, itself. :)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Character Style Requests 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus