Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Just Curious C:

I'm on mobile right now but something odd is happening. It isn't doing anything bad or abnormal, though I'm curious as to what it is lol.

vn6s.jpg

It's green haha.

Oh! While I'm also here, is there any way someone could tell me why the site tends to be unresponsive at sound 4 a.m. EST every night? I'm thinking maintenance but I figured maybe someone could tell me for sure.

Thanks much!
MadRatBird Topic Starter

It isn't highlighted either! Just figured I'd add that lol.
It's green for Saint Paddy's day!
I have no idea about the 4am thing though XD
At 4am it is always slow with me as well. :O I'm clueless on why it does though...
The header is green for St. Patrick's Day like SD said :) It'll go back to being brown tomorrow XD as for the 4 am thing, maybe submit a bug report to Kim? She would be able to figure out why that's happening if it's not intentional :)
For you East Coast folks (USA, GMT... -5, I think?), it's 1am on the Pacific Coast--and during that time, Kim's doing a back up of the servers, so the site slows down for a bit in the meanwhile. That might be the 'mess up' you're referring to!
MadRatBird Topic Starter

Oh! That makes sense. I don't celebrate the holiday so I absolutely forgot lol.

Add for the mess up, thanks! That really explains it. I really appreciate the quick answers, guys. You're awesome.
Sanne Moderator

This makes me want to make a list of all backup times across the world. <.< The backup is 10am for me (although because the US had a DST switch and we didn't, it's 9am until we too move the clock backwards).

You are on: Forums » Help » Just Curious C:

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus