Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Gruff - short film

I've followed this guy's process videos for months. He made this film out of paper dolls and props, with very little post-processing, and posted youtube shorts talking about how he made it.

I was really interested to see the fruits of his labor. I did not expect it to make me feel the way that it has, but I want to share it around and I think this community would appreciate it.
I'd recently seen that shared elsewhere, but hadn't gotten around to watching it yet. 'Tis indeed a tear-jerker.
Huh, that's really cool and very labor intensive. But out of it came a work of art. I appreciate it. Though, I don't really like this style of art to be honest. Feels too corporate for me. Other than the art and look gripe, everything else seems really good and solid. Maybe he should do more.
Corporate? In what way?
Zelphyr wrote:
Corporate? In what way?

Just the look of it reminds me of the art style used by a lot of the recent Pixar and Disney animated films. Other than that, which is just a minor nitpick, the rest is solid.
Aardbei Topic Starter

I do not recall Pixar or Disney using paper cutouts...
Aardbei wrote:
I do not recall Pixar or Disney using paper cutouts...

No they don't. I am not talking about medium used. I meant the look of it reminds me of Pixar/Disney animated films.
Do you mean it being a bit more overtly geometric and angular with the designs...?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Gruff - short film

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus