Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Walrus Game Guide 2024

Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the walrus game! Moa has trained thousands of walruses for battle, but they need leadership to know what to do with their new skills and gear. When you enter the game for the first time, Moa will appear and assign you your company of 100 walruses.

You will start in Base Camp, which is located at 30,21 and has a tent icon.

basecamp.PNG

Moving Around
You can get started in this game very easily. Just double-tap any hex to plan a route there.

orderspanel.PNG

Note that you will get an ETA for travel time to that location when making your plan, and you can influence it slightly by choosing what your walruses prioritize on their trip. Speed is the fastest, but you'll get the least random events (which might lead you to find items!). Foraging is the slowest, but you'll have a higher chance of random events and finding items.

If you want your walruses to keep repeating the same route back and forth, mark "Repeat on loop"

If you want to draw your own path, click and hold on your walrus brigade icon, and drag out the path you want them to take.

If you're happy with the plan, click "Give Orders"

Your walruses will not move instantly - it can take minutes for walruses to switch hexes, as each hex represents miles of territory. Different types of territory take different amounts of time to cover, with ocean being the very fastest and mountains taking the longest. Note that base camp is built in the middle of some hill hexes, so leaving and entering camp can be slower than some other parts of your trip.

If your Current Activity section shows something other than "waiting for orders" your walruses have received their orders and are Working On It.

currentactivity.PNG

Do I Need to Be There?
The game keeps running whether you have it open or not, so you do not need to stare at your walruses for however many hours it takes them to complete their orders. You can assign them a looping route and then just check back in on them now and again if you like. Spend the rest of your time fighting lizards, working on solving riddles, entering contests and other ways to enjoy Epic Week. :)

Let them sweet blubber bois do the hard work for you.

Getting Items
Random finds
Each time your walrsuses switch hexes, they have a chance for something to happen in the new hex. This might be combat if the area is infested with invasive lizards, but it can be other kinds of random events, too. Occasionally, this may be a random item. What items you can find is influenced by the type of terrain you moved into.

Harvest points
The fastest and most reliable way of getting items is by going to a harvest point. I'll leave it the community to build a full list of them and what can be found there in the posts below, but they tend to look like these sorts of things on the map:

flag.PNG waves.PNG mine.PNG

Walruses on a hex containing a harvest point will gradually fill up their inventory with the item(s) that can be found there. Some resources are faster to extract than others (for example: mining is hard work, and takes longer than gathering flower petals!)

Take them back to base camp
When your walrus company arrives back in camp, everything that is in their inventory will be transferred to your inventory. You can then use the items for crafting, donate them to the armory, or throw them into collection symbols on the prisms.

Looping between base and harvest points
If you set up a loop that starts/ends on base camp, and starts/ends on a harvest point, your walruses will travel to the harvest point and stay there until their inventory has no more room in it. They will then travel back to base camp and stay there until they heal back to 100% health. They will then repeat until they reach 0% health or until you give them new orders, potentially giving you frequent new item infusions into your inventory throughout the event.

Equipping Your Walruses
How your walruses perform on the maneuvers you assign them will be influenced by how you equip them. You can re-equip them while they are in base camp.

reequip.PNG

You can see what different mixes of kit will do to your speed, combat bonus and carry capacity before deciding.

companypanel.PNG

Low Health = slower travel. Heal up in base camp!
Injured walruses have a harder time moving around.

There are random events that can happen that restore small quantitites of health, but the best and fastest way to heal your company is to send them back to base camp where they can be seen in the veterinary hospital tent.

Keep Them Moving!
Remember: Your wallies will take a nap if they have no orders. If you want them to keep attacking a specific hex once they arrive, make them loop back and forth over two hexes so they don't just form a heap and snore. ;)
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Looks like the game is insisting on being refreshed to see updates. Working on it!

PHEW automatic updates are fixed! That was crazy XD
Dragonfire Moderator

Hooray!

Meanwhile, the Jellyfish Bloom (9,3) is full of (surprise, surprise) jellyfish, and so far at the Schooling Fish (9,32), I've picked up a 5 nibbly fishes.
Went to the mammoth burial. Managed to fill up on tusks, but it's currently very dangerous out there, I'm not sure my company will make it back in one piece yet. @_@

I don't think I have any more gas in me today, but tomorrow I will embark on making the map work on mobile better. :)
You are appreciated, Kim, and the first day of any event tends to be a bit wonky. <3

Whoops, also noticed that the walrus guide above still talks about fighting lizards.
Dragonfire Moderator

Alright, other locations and items found:

Last Year’s Nests (41,34) are full of eggshells fragments
Frozen Flower Patch (64,44) has frozen flower petals, of course :P

I’m on my way down to the abandoned camp; we’ll see what’s going on down there in a while.
I made my way to the ice floe and back. I found a snowflake while traveling through the area, but the ice floes are apparently a difficult hex to travel through, some kind of obstacle. ,,:) My walruses got to the edge of the ocean on the start of another loop and found some stuff before I sent them back to camp.

16, 31 a strange snowflake, 17, 29 a Nibbly Fish, 14, 38 an ice shard, 23, 24 a piece of metal that appears to have come from the ark ship during its fall.

Phew! Walrus game should be working on (most) mobile devices now!
Dragonfire Moderator

Huzzah!

My Walruses brought back a Flintlock Pistol and a solitary snowflake from the abandoned camp before I called them back. Looks like it's one of the locales that takes longer to forage from.
There is lapis lazuli at the Frozen Mines (96, 23).
Also takes longer if you're injured, and that far away it's hard to avoid injuries.... Good to know more snowflake locations though!
At the Sunken Ship at (62, 6) I found a portable cannon and some nibbly fish and jellyfish.
Dragonfire Moderator

There’s fish of all sorts, but mostly trench fish, at the flag in the deep sea trench.

And as mentioned somewhere else, the Dense Fog is home to unmelting snowflakes. :)
Jellyfish bloom at 9,3 does indeed have jellyfish. And the jellyfish are cute.

The deep dive of ocean trench is at 81,2.

There's a sunken ship nearby at 62,6, as well as the fog collection point at 61,15 and the ice quarry at 82,10.

Frozen flower patch is at 64,44.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Does anyone know where to get sand?
Sand appears randomly in the water and fish collection points, sometimes at the abandoned camp, might be other places too.

(16,17) Sandy seabed
Dragonfire Moderator

Yup, sandy seabed. I've been having the Corps raid there all day in antici......... pation.

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Walrus Game Guide 2024

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus