Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Bat Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Bat Symbol in Epic Week 2024. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Bat Symbol
I feel like this is something associated with "Warhammer 40k"? From my research.
I looked up "Night Lord" and it's used in that game.. so..
Dragonfire Moderator

*drums fingers, staring hard at the clues*

...Vae victus?

Edit: Yeah, the more I look at this, the more it looks like it could be something related to The Legacy of Kain. I could be totally off-base, but it almost sounds like it's talking about the Hylden Lord/Hash'ak'gik, or perhaps something to do with Vorador or Janos Audron on the Ancients side of things.
Dragonfire Moderator

Spitballing! Still unsure of the topic.

But if we're working with LoK, "steely general" immediately brings to mind Malek, the Paladin of the corrupted circle. There're other knights referred to as the White Paladins in the original Blood Omen; they serve the Lion Throne and King Ottmar. I... don't have a connection to a night lord, though. Maybe Kain himself, possibly; he was also one of the aforementioned knights before he died for the first time.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tl%C3%A1loc

One of the Lords of the Night, and also the name of one of the 'warlike cyborg' titans from the Legends of Dune series. :D

Researching Legacy of Kain now.
I've tried most of the things I could think of in the same vein that falls under 40k but none of what I put in seemed to pop up anything :/
I read about Night Lords a bit from Warhammer, the banners/symbols of Nightwing and of The Exalted look very batlike. The Exalted might be dragon wings, though the story there is very compelling and has some inner warring that could be considered a noose barely loosened, or almost tightened, or whatever.

I'm not sure who would be a general/have the same name as a night lord, or be both, but uhh I do think it's plausible. In Warhammer they use the actual titles of generals, call themselves steely/warriors of steel pretty frequently from what I can tell, and have a lot of bats and bat memorabilia. Super deep storyline though
And I haven't even seen the movie.

I looked into the Legacy of Kain but couldn't find anything about actual generals, so... ^^' I don't know where to start, without more obvious clues.
Lai

I'm thinking it could be Night Haunter or Primarch
Dragonfire Moderator

Alright, let's see about 40K. Looks like the primarchs are all sort of general-like figures. Steely general could refer to the Iron Warriors' primarch, Perturabo. The Night Lords' primarch was Konrad Curze... And both of those legions were part of the Traitor Legions.

Noble title. Daemon prince? Hrm hrm hrm.
Dragonfire wrote:
Alright, let's see about 40K. Looks like the primarchs are all sort of general-like figures. Steely general could refer to the Iron Warriors' primarch, Perturabo. The Night Lords' primarch was Konrad Curze... And both of those legions were part of the Traitor Legions.

Noble title. Daemon prince? Hrm hrm hrm.

So I tried Konrad Curze, Night Haunter (his title), Primarch (the title he gets being the son) the other night and got all nopes on that. Also tried Corpse King but no dice.
Dragonfire Moderator

The third clue says that it's a title 'he' shares with the steely general and night lord. So maybe it's not talking about Kurze himself, but someone else connected with the... Horus Heresy?
Dragonfire Moderator

https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/The_Silent_War_(Anthology)

I think we're actually dealing with something mentioned in here!
Lai

I've tried all of these:
Primarch
Warmaster
Warsmith
Lord Commander
Night Haunter
High Lord
High Lord of Terra
Archtraitor
Soul of Iron
Shadow King
The Betrayer
The Broken
The Forsaken

I am really leaning toward it having something to do with the Horus Heresy but I'm at a loss at the moment
Malcador The Sigillite, maybe?

Official Synopsis
The galaxy is divided, but while his armies prepare for battle the Emperor Himself remains curiously absent. In His place stands Malcador -- legendary Sigillite, First Lord of Terra and regent to the throne -- now arguably the single most powerful man in the Imperium. Imperial Army officer Khalid Hassan reports back to the Imperial Palace after a disastrous secret mission into the wastelands of Gyptus, but soon learns an awful truth about the destiny of mankind. Where do Malcador's true loyalties lie?

From The Sigillite. If he shares the title of emperor that could relate to the clues, although... I'm not sure he actually acquires the same title or not.
Dragonfire Moderator

I think we're looking for a person, and a particular title he holds.
Lai

Luther, Vulkan, or Sevatar perhaps
Lai

Tried:
Maloghurst
Sigismund
Abaddon the Despoiler
Fabius Bile
Rogal Dorn
Perturabo

No dice
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Just pointing out you have a bonus clue now!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Bat Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus