Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Bat Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

One of my besties who is a Huge Warhammer 40k buff wanted to toss this to help:

Well the title of general refers to a Roman General, Decimus, which is 'the tenth' in numerals
The noose was a short story, I own a copy. Its part of the shattered legions anthology
The difficulty is, the tenth legion in 40k refers to the Iron Hands.
Decimus is the prophet of the 8th legion, the nightlords.

so maybe this will help narrow our answer?
The King in a Kingless land rings a bell but I don't remember what all I was reading the past couple days 😂 :firefly-is-over: so um I'm asking my boyfriend >.>
😳😲 Oh my. Well, that makes things interesting. Are we back to Legacy of Kain? Sorry, Dragonfire 😳
I keep thinking Castlevania but I don't have any ideas that fit.
my first guess seeing the bat symbol was the acotar book series but idk about the clues, it's been a long time since I read it and I never finished it so might not be related at all
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Maybe I should have phrased that bonus clue "This isn't the warhammer symbol"
Dragonfire Moderator

Spitballing other bats and bat-related vampire things:

-Castlevania's latest TV incarnation occured during the French Revolution, I think?
-Strahd?? Darklord Strahd in that case, I guess
-There was that whole book series about bats - Silverwing, etc?
Lol I tried Alucard but I don't remember enough about Castlevania
I think of Bats and Kingdoms I tend to think of ACOTAR ?
Dragonfire Moderator

A Court of Thorns and Roses? I thought those books were about the fae?

Isn't it funny how this symbol Masqueraded as the Warhammer one for awhile?
okay, ngl, I'm very confused about this one, but I'm still vaguely thinking about acotar. It is about the fae but some characters are half-something else and they have bat wings. And there is a night lord who also has a close friend who could fit the steely general, wikia says they both have a title called Carynthian
Dragonfire Moderator

Quote:
Isn't it funny how this symbol Masqueraded as the Warhammer one for awhile?

Oh, come on, it isn't an ankh or anything! :P I briefly went through WW stuff a couple of days ago.

The ACOTAR stuff is good to keep on the burner, too - but judging by someone's Important Capitalization, I think we're actually going to find the answer in Vampire: The Masquerade.
Okay so in the first VTM game you have Messerach the one eyed king, who is brought to america from his country where he had been mummified for thousands of years in what was at the time Assyria. However when they bring it to America smiling jack steals it so the squabbling vampires cant get their hands on it.

Quentin King III was the Malkavian Prince of Boston for a while ? His tale is really tragic.
a friend just added Lord Mithras or Ventru might also be good answers for once we cleared the monsters down

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Joseph Wellesley Dux Bellorum".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Prescience, designer of this riddle wrote:
A noose’s twist that failed to finish, marking an end to the beginning.
He spied on the British during the revolutionary war, was captured, and hanged. But the hanging failed to kill him and he was embraced after nightfall.

Trace the shadows left by an empire's retreat to find the foundation of his rule.
The Treaty of Paris marked the British exit from the Colonies, this formed the backdrop of him becoming a leader to fight the Sabbat. This clue marks his rise to prominence and dates the character clearly, further helping the first clue.

Seek the noble title shared with a steely general, and a night lord.
This ties him as Dux Bellorum, references his link to 'The Iron Duke' Sir Arthur Wellesley (No relation) and being a Ventrue.
Dragonfire Moderator

Hahah, I figured Dux Bellorum might have something to do with it, but I wasn't sure where! Good work!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2024 » Bat Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus