Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Introduction 8D

Heyo! I guess I shall be introducing myself so...yeah! :P What do I do? Umm...Hi!! I guess. haha.
Any questions? ask me!
But I have a few questions myself if anyone wants to help me out a bit!! ;)
~Creating a Characters~
1. What does 'class' mean?
2. What does 'deity' mean?
3. What does 'alignment' mean?
4. What does 'handedness' mean?
5. How easy is it to not use the Character Wizard? Do you think it is easier for a newbie to use or no?

~Other~
6. I find it slightly hard to find a role play to join. Is this normal or am I not looking efficiently?
7. Can you make more than 1 character?
8. If you can make more than one character, do you have to pay like other websites?
9. What's a dice roll? (haha)

If I think of more questions I'll be asking! :) But in the meantime, thanks!!

rolled 10d6 and got 36

Loren

Hi! My name's Lanthe, welcome to the RPRepository :)

Anyways, to answer your questions...

1- Classes are a bit varied, here. If in a Dungeons and Dragons rp, for example, there's a wizard, there's the rogue, there's the warrior, there's the barbarian, etcetera etcetera. So Classes are mostly used for rps with a certain "high fantasy game" tinge to it. On the other hand, I've seen classes saying "doctor" and "scribe" and "mechanic" and "princess". So don't worry :)

(I personally don't use classes, but maybe its because most of my characters are a bit too over the top to have a class XD)

2- Deity is basically the religion of your character.

3- Aligmnent is basically the morals of your character. It goes on like this:

Lawful Good Neutral Good Chaotic Good
Lawful Neutral True Neutral Chaotic Neutral
Lawful Evil Neutral Evil Chaotic Evil

4- If your character is ambidextrous, left handed or right handed.

5- Well, it depends. I'm kind of new to this site to, and I didn't use the Wizard...on the other hand, I'm not new to rping/character creating :)
6. Probably just you It might take a day or two before you get a response - sometimes upwards of a week or more >.< There's also the option of joining someone else's RP, which is easier if you're just starting out and don't know many people/anyone.

7. You can have up to 10 to start, with five pages to play with on each profile. If for some reason you want more than that, you can either buy more charrie slots or go for Epic membership and get 5 more plus other options ( but you have to keep your mmembership if you want to edit those bonus 5 >.< ).

8. Only if you want more than 10 :3 If you have a bunch of one-offs or charrie with short profiles and you want to save space, it's completely legit to clump them into one profile so you don't need to buy 20 extra profiles just to fit them all in >w>

9. Dice are useful for pen-and-paper type games ( think D&D or likewise ) if people want a live dice count. Alternatively, just for giggles, like what you're doing just now.

EDITED for AutoCorrect goofiness >.>
childrenofgod14 Topic Starter

alright! Thank you so much! :)
Another question! :P
This one may take a second to write out though!

So for this entire website, when you create a character, does this character play the same way through every role play? Let me explain myself ;). If my character plays in a role play where suddenly started dating someone or...let's say she was taken prisoner somewhere. If I (can I?) play her in another role play also, in the role play would everything carry over? Such as a boyfriend or that she had been taken prisoner in her past?
Sanne Moderator

Welcome welcome! Getting tons of help already I see! :D
childrenofgod14 wrote:
So for this entire website, when you create a character, does this character play the same way through every role play? Let me explain myself ;). If my character plays in a role play where suddenly started dating someone or...let's say she was taken prisoner somewhere. If I (can I?) play her in another role play also, in the role play would everything carry over? Such as a boyfriend or that she had been taken prisoner in her past?

The site is basically just a profile hosting place with forums and groups as additional means to interact with one another. You can post in every topic with any character - how you play your games and what relationships your characters have is completely up to you. We don't have any rules on roleplaying, other than the main site rules about being nice, staying PG-13 on the forums and so forth. :)

Different members have different roleplay styles and ideas. Talk to your RP partners before you do anything, see how they feel about it, and go from there! What you described is totally okay in most cases.

Caustic wrote:
7. You can have up to 10 to start, with five pages to play with on each profile. If for some reason you want more than that, you can either buy more charrie slots or go for Epic membership and get 5 more plus other options ( but you have to keep your mmembership if you want to edit those bonus 5 >.< ).

I'm confused by your explanation here. Epic membership grants you 10 additional characters on top of your 10 free ones for the duration of your Epic membership.

We do have plain character slots - 5 slots at a time - that are permanent additions to your account. They cost more but they never expire.

If you're interested in supporting the site, feel free to check out our Epic Membership FAQ: http://www.rprepository.com/help/epic-membership-faq
childrenofgod14 Topic Starter

Alright!! Thank you Sanne!! That helped a lot! ;)
Welcome! The help pages overall should be pretty useful, especially the Getting Started guide. :) It's good that you're so willing to ask questions, though!

I'd say more, but I don't feel like reading through what's already been said to see if anything should be added right now. ^^;
Welcome to RPR childrenofgod14! I hope you're enjoying it here :) As you can see we're a super friendly bunch so if you have more questions don't feel shy about asking them :D
I hope you've found some cool roleplays by now! If not, feel free to make up ideas and post them in the looking for RP section. People are always up to jump in... Like me!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Introduction 8D

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus