Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Rainbow Text~

(XD what? I'd use it)

Just as you have all of These colors in the BB code color thing why can't you have one that makes the text rainbow rather then doing what I just did above with all of the color bb codes to get colorful text? XD cause color just makes everything fun.
Sanne Moderator

There are rainbow text generators (you can Google them) but rainbow text can be hard to read. We depend on text to communicate with each other here so shouldn't this text be as easy to read as possible?

It's best to encourage readable text with the site's own tools in my opinion.
Sanne wrote:
There are rainbow text generators (you can Google them) but rainbow text can be hard to read. We depend on text to communicate with each other here so shouldn't this text be as easy to read as possible?

It's best to encourage readable text with the site's own tools in my opinion.

It's a cute idea but I agree with Sanne. It's hard enough for me to read pale colors on dark backgrounds. Rainbow would hurt my eyes more. Not that everyone has this problem but I can't be the only one! Haha. It'd be useful as a big title or header but I think it'd be to much of a strain otherwise. C:
IDK, i kinda like the idea of rainbow text :D
But then again i shouldn't count, I love rainbows too much ^w^
c: I don't think it would be logical to implement a rainbow text generator when you can just create your own with bbcode!

I used this handy dandy rainbow text generator for the text you see at the top of Tuesday's Rpr.

You literally don't have to do anything at all. Just type in the text you want to make rainbow colored, make sure you have 'rainbow' selected on the left, then click 'Generate code!'.

Copy and paste the code into your text box and voila. c: Rainbow code.
Rhythm Topic Starter

I used a rainbow generator XD ----and maybe have overdone it a bit don't you think?

http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=734
OMG I LAVA IT =w=

Or Should I Say...

OMG I LAVA IT =w=
Kim Site Admin

As has been noted many times already, it is hard to read and I don't generally add features that make life harder for others even while they are fun to use for the OP. :) Moreover, it can still be done quite easily with one of the many rainbow generator sites out there, so it makes little sense to spend development time on it.

So the official word on this is no, sorry! :)
Sanne Moderator

Rhythm wrote:
I used a rainbow generator XD ----and maybe have overdone it a bit don't you think?

http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=734

Well, I can't read it well at all. <.< On my tablet, phone and the two monitors on my desktop computer... But it does look rainbowy!
jaykob

sup
jaykob

I to can rainbow text mwahahahahhahaha
Rhythm Topic Starter

XD ...now I'm seeing rainbow text all over the place (<.< >.> ...not literally)
jaykob

mwhahahahahhaha you do not know the secret to Rainbow text
Kim Site Admin

As fun as rainbow text is, let's stay on topic for the suggestions board gang. ;)

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Rainbow Text~

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus