Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Change Connections Status

I love that there is more customization for friends... but how do you edit your current status for friends? As an example, Siena has numerous friends listed but majority of them would be better listed as acquaintances. Is there a way to edit this or would we have to delete the friends and re-add?
(Also is there a way to do multiple columns for friends? This may me more a suggestion, but as an example in the new Connections widget it just gives a very large list unlike how it was previously done and leaves lots of empty space that isn't needed. As seen here (scroll down): http://www.rprepository.com/c/siena/3062)

edit; I take back what I said about it looking empty. If you add notes to everyone you add it looks considerably better.
Kim Site Admin

It will go back to displaying them the way they were before if you turn off including notes. I might look into something with columns when the bug reports settle down. ;)

At the current moment, you need to delete and re-add to change the connections, sorry.
Minerva

Uh, I'm having a problem. I deleted a few of my characters from each other's friends list to add them instead as family. From Ferous' profile, I try to add Ash and get error: Unknown Column 'ID' in 'field list'.

Edit: It seems this extends to my other characters. Also, I'm on Firefox right now, not IE like before.
On this note, I noticed something interesting right now and am not sure why it displays this... but I opened up the connections widget to see about editting Drac's titles for all his buddies...
Quote:
Title:

Show characters Draconus Forest has befriended.

Show characters who have friended her back.

I checked, Drac' is still marked to be male in his character settings. So why does this say "her"...? Maybe it's psychicly aware of the fact that Drac' got genderchanged by a cleric on the game 'Daedal Macabre'...
Kim Site Admin

Haha! I'm on both these things now, thank you both. XD
Dylan Topic Starter

Huuuh. I'll have to look around. I swear I saw a similar error pop up elsewhere...
Minerva

Annnd this is an unrelated error but since we're actively talking about errors on here:

Sola (played by Tantrum) replied to your guestbook comment on Sola (played by Tantrum):
"SO SHE CAN PRANCE AROUND WHILE OFFERING HER STRAWBERRY FROSTED MUFFINS AND SING SWEET SONGS TO SIENA ... at night...while she sleeps."(About 7 minutes ago)

I don't have tantrum for a friend, and I certainly didn't comment on their guestbook.
o.o it's... all... changed....... O.o' *studies the newnesss
Sanne Moderator

Minerva wrote:
Annnd this is an unrelated error but since we're actively talking about errors on here:

Sola (played by Tantrum) replied to your guestbook comment on Sola (played by Tantrum):
"SO SHE CAN PRANCE AROUND WHILE OFFERING HER STRAWBERRY FROSTED MUFFINS AND SING SWEET SONGS TO SIENA ... at night...while she sleeps."(About 7 minutes ago)

I don't have tantrum for a friend, and I certainly didn't comment on their guestbook.

That's a reply to a comment Siena left on that page. It seems everyone is having that pop up, or at least those who befriended Siena?
Minerva

I don't think I have Siena friended. Is it played by you? I don't have you friended either (although I should probably fix that, huh?)
I don't have that person befriended either, and yet that shows up on my homepage too.

Mysteriiious~. *Twilight Zone theme*
Minerva

Maybe someone should make a new guestbook and have someone else post in it, to see if it's a glitch in the guestbook updates on home page?
Kim Site Admin

It's a well-established glitch at this point, no need to test it any further, guys. :) It's high on the list to get to.

Making character ties should be working now!
Kim Site Admin

Incorrect pronouns in friends widgets fixed, too.

Tinkering with guestbook notifications now..
Dylan Topic Starter

Whooaaa. My guestbook comments are going all over the place. XD
..or replies to my guestbook comments.
Minerva

Just checking, is it just me that got this, or did everyone?

Luci (played by Minerva) and Ferous (played by Minerva) have declared each other family members.(About 27 minutes ago)
Ash (played by Minerva) and Ferous (played by Minerva) have declared each other family members.(About 27 minutes ago)
Luci (played by Minerva) and Ash (played by Minerva) have declared each other family members.(About 27 minutes ago)

^ Can't tell from my own Dash, obviously. But usually it showed ON the dashboard, not the home page. So I'm just making sure that's not going abroad.

Edit: Oh, duh, things don't show on the Dash anymore. I'm retarded.
Kim Site Admin

Did they not all actually declare each other family, or was the bug that was being reported just confusion over new locations?
Minerva

urgh dunno if my last post went thru. Ignore the family thing. Im on mobile and something about this new version keeps whiting out my screen and/or freezing my phone till i remove battery. Been trying for hours. removed battery 3x now.
Kim Site Admin

Wow, that sounds awful. Let me know if you find any pattern to what the "something" is.
Minerva

well, i've always gotten "insufficient memory" messages, it just stops threads from loading all the way if not in google format usually... Until today, where its weird russian roulette. 1 continue normally 2 type a minute then get whited out 3 get whited out immediately when it happens. Then, another layer comes from my response on what freezes the phone. Once i hit back from white screen, once i froze when the message came up. Once scrolling halfway down. The only trouble i had before this was logging in like ive told you, but i figured out the roundabout to that before. The new layout is making it really hard though. I know you dont cater to mobile but i figured i would inform.

You are on: Forums » Help » Change Connections Status

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus