Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Forest Encounter (with hannahc28) (closed)

Archer (played by AshAngg2000) Topic Starter

Archer let her leave. Then out of curiosity, he melted into the shadows and followed her. He saw her lay down on a branch, with only moss as a cover. He reappeared on a branch above her. He took off his outer robe and laid it across her. He then wrote a note saying to bring the robe back in the morning, putting it in a pocket. He then went back to his fire and climbed a tree to sleep in.
Kasa (played by hannahc28)

As the sun rose Kasa stretched, knocking her covering onto the ground. She noticed the sound was not that off moss and glanced down. A cloak. She dangled from the tree and dropped to the ground and picked it up. Digging through the pockets she found a letter. Skimming over it she shook with discomfort knowing Archer had visited her during the night when she was unaware.

Kasa walked through the woods, everything was damp with water from the melted snow and glowing. She breathed in deeply enjoying the fresh, earthy scent. She reached the camp and draped the cloak on a tree branch.

She exited the camp again and sat in the woods. She plucked a thin branch from a tree and wielded it into spear. Her hand was feeling better, she noticed, and Kasa made her way to the creek that ran down from the mountain.

Archer watched Kasa as she returned his robe. 'So she isn't a thief. That's good.' he thought, melting into the remaining shadows. He reappeared by the creek to get a drink of water. That's when he spotted fish. 'Breakfast' He pulled out his bow, transforming it into a sort of bow that shoots nets attached to a line, used for fishing. He then took aim, and released the string, catching a few fish. He then pulled them to shore to pull them out of the net.

"Hey!" Kasa yelled. "Why are you following me! That was my fish!" She charged at him. She stopped half way, glaring, and spun around and waded into the creek. "Catching my fish," she muttered. She blew the hair out of her face and dove in the stinging water throwing her spear at trout unsuccessfully. Kasa popped out of the water, wet and cold and grabbed a leaf and munched on it. They have plenty of dried fish back home.

"You're the one doing the following." Archer said. "I got here a couple minutes ago. Also, these fish are wild fish. They belong to nature alone." He started to descale the fish. "I caught plenty. Would you like one instead of that tasty leaf?"

"I'm on a cleanse"
Kasa looked him up and down, scowling. "Why do you move around so quickly? And why do you insist on following me?" She watched him scale the fish.
"What are you doing!" She screamed and pried the fish from his hands and layed it on the ground, removing her knife and mumbling something before pushing it through its head. She lifted up the fish to him, sitting with her head on her knees not looking up.

(its midnight here so I'm going to bed! Will be on in the morning)

(It's midnight here too.)

Archer sat there stunned. 'Wh-what just happened?' he thought. "Um... what exactly are you doing there? Are you ok?" he asked, confusion filling his voice.

"You were hurting it." she muttered. "You were scaling it before it was dead." Kasa's voice shook with every word. "You were hurting it" she whispered

"Oh. Sorry. I usually do kill them first... I guess I was distracted..." Archer said. "But I was mostly asking about why you're on the ground like that..." He took back the fish slowly to finish scaling it.

"Distracted?" She huffed. "I'm just sitting!" She waved her hand in the air and dropped it back at her side, face still resting on her upright knees.

"Nevermind..." Archer said, a distant look coming upon his face. "I..., I'm going to cook my fish now." He got up and quickly walked away, leaving the other fish.

Kasa lept up and started after him but realized what a mess she was. She looked down, her moccasins were a muddy, her hair was soaking wet and her dress was plastered to her skin. Scowling in shame and embarrassment she called back. "W-Wait!" Kasa started after him and noticed the fish left for her. Her face grew more red- she was weak. She picked up the fish and went after him.

"Archer..." she approached him from behind. "Tell me," she was a panting, embarrassing mess, but he showed so many acts of kindness it was clear he could have already killed her if he wanted to.

"Tell you what?" Archer asked, still seemingly distracted. He sat down by his fire ant put his fish to cook.

"What is so occupying your mind," She padded over to the fire and sat in the dirt.

She held her fish in her hand, it had already passed. "Thank you fish," she muttered to herself and placed it whole on the fire.

"I don't really know..." Archer said. "I guess it's the new, unexpected company I have, what with being alone for so long..." He just noticed the fish in the fire. "No!" he yelled out, reaching into the fire, grabbing the fish. He pulled it out, and tossing it up in the air so as not to burn his hand with the fish, grabbed another sturdy stick to cook the fish on. "That was close..." he said, letting out a breath.

"Why are you alone?" Kasa muttered, eyebrows furrowed at the sight of Archer's dispay. She knew the fish would've cooked fine where she layed it, but she didn't want to create another conflict.

Kasa picked up a few thin pine needles on the ground and began to fiddle with them, weaving them into a braid.

"Because that is the path I travel." Archer said. "And to be honest, I really don't mind it that much..." He checked the fish. "It lets me get in touch with nature." He started making designs with leaves and sticks.

"Mm" Kasa nodded and noticed the discomfort in the situation. Of course he wanted to be alone! Her face flushed and she continued to fiddle with the braid, occasionally glancing at his busy work; dirt doodles

"Though, I sometimes think I'm going mad, what with only the shadows to talk with." Archer said, starting to seem distant again.

"Shadows?" Kasa, perplexed, looked up at him and down at his drawings. "Oh you mean spirits!" She laughed. "I talk to them sometimes too!" She pulled out her knife. "They gave me this!"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Forest Encounter (with hannahc28) (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus