Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Bug: Blank activity?

No need to be alarmed. The activity feed is simply sad that it is not working.
I just witnessed the ": ," post other then that its normal

Someone is a ninja or something O.o
Sanne wrote:
HwoThumb wrote:
Excuse me, sir, you got semicolon in my whitespace.

If the issue is just a blank news post, though, I guess the issue is resolved.

Well, not exactly. Kim doesn't manually submit blank posts for as far as I know, and I don't know if she has an automated system that sends out posts - if she does, then something's not quite right with that. I'm betting my money on that it's something very small and easily fixed, which makes it funny that we have a big topic dedicated to it. :P

Unusual bugs seen site-wide tend to cause a mild stir of chaos and confusion! It's expected we'd see a topic about it, but in the very least it has given insight into that very fact that everyone can see it (amongst other small details and speculation), so there's a plus side here. :3
Sanne Moderator

Copper_Dragon wrote:
Sanne wrote:
HwoThumb wrote:
Excuse me, sir, you got semicolon in my whitespace.

If the issue is just a blank news post, though, I guess the issue is resolved.

Well, not exactly. Kim doesn't manually submit blank posts for as far as I know, and I don't know if she has an automated system that sends out posts - if she does, then something's not quite right with that. I'm betting my money on that it's something very small and easily fixed, which makes it funny that we have a big topic dedicated to it. :P

Unusual bugs seen site-wide tend to cause a mild stir of chaos and confusion! It's expected we'd see a topic about it, but in the very least it has given insight into that very fact that everyone can see it (amongst other small details and speculation), so there's a plus side here. :3

I wasn't contesting that, it just always strikes me as amusing that really big bugs can go unnoticed for months and nobody ever talks about it (even when found!), but what's likely a very small issue gets excess attention and is treated like a catastrophe. XD I find it funny!
I admit, all this buzz about something so small (literally) is making me laugh!!! XD
Loren

Well, it's been happening to me, too XD

On the other hand, it could be a more serious bug if it replaced an activity notification instead of simply placing a new one.
Kim Site Admin

Rhythm wrote:
Maybe RPR sent a blank news post? And thats why it appeared blank in the recent activity- because not even the news article has a name or time, or title.

This is EXACTLY what happened, far as I can tell. I must have accidentally bumped something and posted a blank news post when I was running around trying to get ready to go yesterday. The fix was to delete that news post.

Thank you to everyone who remembered to use the bug report form -- I saw those reports long before I saw this topic. :) It should all be cleared up now.

You are on: Forums » Help » Bug: Blank activity?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus