Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I do so solemnly swear...

...to not be total crap at this.

I haven't done the roleplays in years. I've been hunting for just as long, since yahoo user rooms got the ax. And the vast majority of the time I have failed to find things. So I write by myself. And yet I don't write fanfics...I am not a fan I guess.

But Highjinx--the butt--dragged me here so maybe hopefully this pans out somehow! :D

I am weird. I am wordy. I am wonderful (maybe).

I have a soft spot for sci fi but I'm weak on the pseudo techno speak. I function in fantasy just as easily and I bs that a bit better than sci fi even though I dislike magic (strongly).

I'm not a furry but enjoy anthropomorphization for it's exotic aesthetic, it appeals to my love of aliens and robots. I love science too much to be a furry or any of their popular trends. Like taurs. Ick.

Along with that comes a love of cultures, language, and foreignness. If it's alien it should be alien in it's entirety. Not simply a blue human with all the same tropes, stereotypes and assumptions of a human. I try my best to insert this in my roleplay but it can be a tricky thing! It's difficult to detect those things that would be unfamiliar when you are already so familiar to them!

I think I have a tendency, now, to lead a roleplay as far as plot (as much as a roleplay can have one in most cases!) and I feel like that intimidates people...because it also means I write a lot. I don't try to be intimidating. It just happens. ;-;

I don't think I've ever done a contemporary or non-fiction roleplay. That almost seems weird to me. But I'll try anything I guess.

I draw. I definitely draw. Used to draw my characters but with a lack of any (or use of them) I usually end up drawing other people's. Especially if I really like them. Most of my creative stuff is on a tumblr, FA....that's it really. I do have others but they get updated with the same stuff or never. I need to fix that. I'll link that info somewhere some day.

Oh! And I have done some light roleplay via online Pathfinder games. They are not so my thing. I don't like numbers.

I must admit I'm not the most social of people. I mostly lurk. But I'm friendly enough, right? :D

Did I mention I write a lot? >.>
Awwwwwwww yiiis :3 *shakes it like a Polaroid picture*

You'll like it here, I know you will! ^_^
Vladma Topic Starter

I dunno~

It seems pretty cool so far but I know misery is lurking around the corner. It always is. ;-;
c94e89.jpg

Ugh.

You're not going to find any misery here lol.
Vladma Topic Starter

You don't know my life! Okay! It's filled with that stuff. FILLED!
o___o

Filled?

Is it like cream cheese frosting? Or the whipped cream frosting?

Cause whipped cream frosting is kind of gross.
Vladma Topic Starter

You mean kind of boss. Unless we're talking about the misery. Then it's not boss.
Nope, meant gross.

BUT ON THE SUBJECT OF NOT-MISERY.

I am... 89% sure you'll like it here (11% includes self-sabotage and other hiccups). The community is really nice, we do really fun things, everyone is pretty creative all-in-all. Players from all sorts of backgrounds and playstyles. It's really improbable that you won't find someone to play with.

Our Mods and Admin are also super nice.
Vladma Topic Starter

Lol that's an optimistic number for self sabotage... but shots will be fired!--I mean i'll give it a shot!

Seems like a fun enough place. I just have to figure out how to drive it and not be a total coward. :D
Welcome to RPR! It's great to have you :) Don't worry, you can shake off the rust here and people will be super understanding! If you have any questions, just ask! Everyone is very friendly and we all would love to help you as you get used to the site :)
Kim Site Admin

I love this introduction. It speaks volumes of your character! Welcome to the site. I agree that you are likely to get along swimmingly here, but if you run into any trouble of any kind, I'm always happy to answer questions or try to debug issues! :)
Welcome! I'm not sure how you could really have any trouble here unless you go really, really looking for it. And you seem like a pretty cool person so far. :)
Vladma Topic Starter

Aw, thanks guys!

Only three new people in and this is already a pretty rad welcome. I'm getting pretty hype about being here.
\o/
Kim Site Admin

*HIGH FIVES A MILLION ANGELS*
Vladma Topic Starter

So many angels...
Writes a lot... likes Sci-Fi... lurks... despises numbers...

Will you marry me? :D

*COUGH* Imeantofcourse welcome! Yeah. ^_^
Vladma Topic Starter

Haha, oh God.

Thanks but I'm not sure I'm ready for that kind of commitment. That's one way to say hello though.
Feh, don't worry. Honestly, I'd be sweating bullets if you had said yes, becuz ditto. >_>

But non-committal hugs are still okay, yes? D: ( expect many around here )
Vladma Topic Starter

Ah,uh. I guess I can do hugs?

I can survive her without them though, right? :x

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I do so solemnly swear...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus