Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New to roleplaying! ☠️»v☠️»

Honestly this site seems like loads of fun, but I can't help but feel slightly (, and by that I mean extremely,) nervous... I've only been part of one rp before and I don't have much experience, so I'm wondering if some of you more experienced players might have some advice or guidelines for me to follow.
I've already created a character and am considering trying to start or find a rp on some other site just so I can learn a bit more of the basics before stepping into the waters here. Any thoughts?
Oh well, I guess I'll look around in the art forums for now. ☻ v ☻
Yuka

Welcome to RPR!
Sasheth Topic Starter

spellplague wrote:
Welcome to RPR!
Thank you! >w<
PANGAEA

Well if you have an idea for an RP and your looking for someone to RP with you can post it in Looking For Rp. It's common to RP in third person, but then again there's some who do second or first.

Once you get started I think it'll be easier to get the gist of it! The longer you RP the better! It's all just for fun here and though there are rules it's really all common sense. Here's some guidelines to help you out if you have any more questions.

Welcome by the way!!
Sasheth Topic Starter

SpilledInk wrote:
Well if you have an idea for an RP and your looking for someone to RP with you can post it in Looking For Rp. It's common to RP in third person, but then again there's some who do second or first.

Once you get started I think it'll be easier to get the gist of it! The longer you RP the better! It's all just for fun here and though there are rules it's really all common sense. Here's some guidelines to help you out if you have any more questions.

Welcome by the way!!

Thanks! I'll take a look at those guidelines! ☻u☻
Welcome! Be sure to follow the 'getting started' guide, that will really help! Also take a gander at the roleplay forums so you can see some rp's that are already in progress and get to know/understand that a little more. :) also, never hesitate to ask questions! Everyone here is very happy to help anyone, especially newcomers!
Sasheth Topic Starter

CelestinaGrey wrote:
Welcome! Be sure to follow the 'getting started' guide, that will really help! Also take a gander at the roleplay forums so you can see some rp's that are already in progress and get to know/understand that a little more. :) also, never hesitate to ask questions! Everyone here is very happy to help anyone, especially newcomers!

Thank you! The people on this site are quite friendly it seems. >v<
Sasheth wrote:
Honestly this site seems like loads of fun, but I can't help but feel slightly (, and by that I mean extremely,) nervous... I've only been part of one rp before and I don't have much experience, so I'm wondering if some of you more experienced players might have some advice or guidelines for me to follow.
I've already created a character and am considering trying to start or find a rp on some other site just so I can learn a bit more of the basics before stepping into the waters here. Any thoughts?

Hiya & welcome to the site! I wouldn't worry about how long you've roleplayed. Everyone here would still love to RP with you and help you get better so there's no reason to be so nervous hun. ^_^
Sasheth Topic Starter

ForsakenAngel wrote:
Sasheth wrote:

Hiya & welcome to the site! I wouldn't worry about how long you've roleplayed. Everyone here would still love to RP with you and help you get better so there's no reason to be so nervous hun. ^_^

Thank you for the kind words! ☻w☻ *attempts to hug*
Sanne Moderator

Sasheth wrote:

RPR is regarded as an extremely friendly and open place! :) So hi, welcome! I hope you're getting more comfortable already. Don't worry too much about making a good impression with your posts or adhering to specific standards. If you try your best and optionally also make an effort to improve, most people will happily guide you along the way and welcome you with open arms into their roleplays.

There's no need to step out to another community to improve before your skills first. :)

More on topic with finding your footing: is there anything in particular that you think you should work on first? What makes you think you're inept to start roleplaying with us right away? I'm sure we can figure something out!
Sasheth Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Sasheth wrote:

RPR is regarded as an extremely friendly and open place! :) So hi, welcome! I hope you're getting more comfortable already. Don't worry too much about making a good impression with your posts or adhering to specific standards. If you try your best and optionally also make an effort to improve, most people will happily guide you along the way and welcome you with open arms into their roleplays.

There's no need to step out to another community to improve before your skills first. :)

More on topic with finding your footing: is there anything in particular that you think you should work on first? What makes you think you're inept to start roleplaying with us right away? I'm sure we can figure something out!

Hello, and thank you! I've actually asked two people to rp now and I'm waiting for their reply, hoping for the best. To be honest I don't consider myself a horrible writer, but since I'm can't read my writing from an outside perspective I am rather nervous about me maybe being wrong. And when it comes to things I can work on, I know my endings can be pretty sloppy. ;x
Hi there welcome to RPR! :) Like everyone said there is no need to be nervous. Everyone had to start somewhere! I hope you get a speedy reply to you RP requests and make tons of new friends really soon :) If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :D
Sasheth Topic Starter

Loki wrote:
Hi there welcome to RPR! :) Like everyone said there is no need to be nervous. Everyone had to start somewhere! I hope you get a speedy reply to you RP requests and make tons of new friends really soon :) If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask :D

Thank you for the kind words!"☻u☻
And I am actually role playing with one of the people I asked right now. XD
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome welcome!

Since you come equipped with an open mind and a willingness (not to mention eagerness) to learn, I wager you will do excellently well here.

But whilst you are on your journey to find a RP mentor, I recommend the following articles, most of which are community-written:

Getting Started Guide
Completely New to RP?
The Responsibility of ALL Rpers (My personal favorite article I want everyone in the world to read who RPs anywhere)
Writing for RP

Actually pretty much everything in the "Better Roleplay for Everyone" section of the Help page is a really great read, most of which I'd recommend to anyone no matter how long they've been doing it. :)
Sasheth Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Welcome welcome welcome!

Since you come equipped with an open mind and a willingness (not to mention eagerness) to learn, I wager you will do excellently well here.

But whilst you are on your journey to find a RP mentor, I recommend the following articles, most of which are community-written:

Getting Started Guide
Completely New to RP?
The Responsibility of ALL Rpers (My personal favorite article I want everyone in the world to read who RPs anywhere)
Writing for RP

Actually pretty much everything in the "Better Roleplay for Everyone" section of the Help page is a really great read, most of which I'd recommend to anyone no matter how long they've been doing it. :)

Thank you for the warm welcome! In fact I've already read most of those articles. >v<

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New to roleplaying! ☠️»v☠️»

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus