Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Skyward Sword

Okay okay, I know everyone's pumped up about SKYRIIIIM and it's epicness.

But who here besides me is getting pumped for the newest Legend of Zelda installment for the Wii? It comes out in 'bout two weeks~!

Have you pre-ordered the game and the music CD coming with it? Are you planning on getting the Limited Edition bundle with that snazzy golden wiimote? Are you prepared to crawl through dungeons, fight off evil, play some sort of magical instrument, and save the day? Will Lauren ever stop asking so many questions? (Answer: Lol no)
OMG I AM SO EXCITED!!

I need to know where I can find out about this stuff!! D:
I want it ;~;
Copper_Dragon Topic Starter

I CAN LINK THEE:

http://zelda.com/skywardsword/

The limited edition bundle is 70 bucks without tax (tax was about 5 bucks when I ordered from Target), just 20 bucks over the game + music CD itself (I think the CD comes with both-- limited edition and the regular game, to celebrate the 25 years of Zelda). Yadda yadda, I gave that speech to my parents when I asked if I could pre-order. xD
I must see if I can ask for this for Christmas. O-O

Edit: Or not. Dx Still too expensive for a Christmas present. >.<

You muuust yeeessss-- *shot*

I just found an interview with some of the development team concerning various aspects of the game's design. Ooh I am so excited! :D
I will get it!!....eventually. =x
Dragonfire Moderator

*twitches fingers* I want the special edition~ I don't have a Wiimote with the Plus thinger built-in already, so I figure I might as well get two birds with one stone.

I should put in a pre-order, I suppose, hrm.

Dragonfire wrote:
*twitches fingers* I want the special edition~ I don't have a Wiimote with the Plus thinger built-in already, so I figure I might as well get two birds with one stone.

I should put in a pre-order, I suppose, hrm.

Exactly!
:D We have one with the Wii Motion Plus since my dad got one of those fancy newer Wiis that's got it pre-built, but we only have one 'mote as a whole... I figured we could use the second one to finally play multiplayer stuff together on Wii Sports Resort.

Yay for killing 2 birds with one stone!
I could potentially get killed for this...but I haven't been keeping up on gaming much.
What's the difference between the Wii normalness and Wii Motion Plus? I've heard of it...but I honestly don't know what it is. ^^;

On this episode of 'When a non-expert tries to give expert advice'...

I believe-- and I'm guessing here because I never had a normal ol' Wii to make comparisons with and haven't researched-- it gives for smoother motion during game play.

But that's your uneducated guess for you. Someone with smarts'll probably swoop in and blow me out of the water (which I don't mind).
Dragonfire Moderator

The Motion Plus thinger makes the gyroscopic function of the Wiimote more accurate, basically. In Skyward Sword, the 'mote is basically Link's sword, and the Motion Plus helps the game to keep better track of where the sword should be.

It's built in on some or all of the newer controllers, but you can also get a plug-in one for the older 'motes.
Oooh, okay. Is it necessary? Or just an upgrade that makes things work better, but things still work with a normal Wiimote?

... is it... necessary...

Y'know, that's a good question. I'd presume so to make the sword work just right, but I can't tell you for sure because I haven't researched and my own wiimote (not the golden one, but the one we have already) has it built-in. I wouldn't be able to experiment to tell you.

Double posting because...

My game came in~! :D

I can't play it RIGHT NOW because Dad is watching a football game on the TV where the Wii is set up, but oh my god I am listening to the music CD atm on my computer and I have batteries in the shiny new wiimote and omg I am in Zelda heaven at this moment.
You DO need the Wii motion plus to play, or the game won't play for you. Learned that the hard way. Didn't get the special edition, because we didn't even know about it when we pre-ordered it at the beginning of the year. So... spent 25 bucks on the extra piece. What a rip-off. But... the game is amazing :3

D: Aw, that stinks, Kuroi. But at least you have the motion plus add-on thinger now, right? :D So you can slice and dice up them bad guys.

Right?

Also the game is freakin' goregous. All the scenery is made to look like a water color painting mixed with complete awesomeness. Semi-realistic, but not as much as Twilight princess, yet somewhat cartoony (but not as much as Wind Waker).
Jealous of you guys playing already! My Dad went ahead and picked it up for me, but won't let me have it until Christmas T_T So it's just sitting on the fireplace, taunting me. I wanted the gold wiimote too, but I already have a red motion plus controller, so I got the limited edition hardback strat guide instead. Which is...also taunting me from the fireplace XD so cannot wait to play! I was more excited about this than Skyrim to be honest. I love LoZ games!

Aw man, but at least Christmas is only a couple of weeks or so away! Trust me, it'll be SO worth the wait!

And I haven't even used my new wiimote. XD I can't figure out how to sync it as Player 1, so I've just been using our normal black one for the time being. It feels so nice though. Mmm that gold color~.
Lol I'm sooo jealous of you guys! I just got to play the Skyward Sword demo in Walmart and it's AMAZING!! Unfortunately, I have no way to get it now. :( Im asking for money for a new laptop instead of the game. Sadface. But I need a new laptop more.
Stiiiilll...Skyward Sword... Dx
Hm...have you tried going to the wii menu and resyncing all the controllers? You gotta hold buttons 1 and 2 and press them in the order you want them to be. So if you wanted the gold one to be player 1, you'd have to press on it first. You might have to do it a couple of times before it takes. Hope you can get it working! My friend has that gold wiimote and it is -nice-.

And don't fret Celestina! I'm -sure- that Skyward Sword will go greatest hits(or whatever Nintendo calls it) and the price will drop eventually! :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Skyward Sword

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus