Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Playground Adventures (Open!)

Willow (played by Zelphyr) Topic Starter

((Slow down a little, please. ^^; ))
Hiro (played by ConnanBell)

"Why are we all getting naked?" called Hiro. "We need more clothing around here, not less."

Hiro saw the horned-kid's tail, then over at the squirrel child. "Uuuh, are we all slowly turning into animals around here?" He quickly examined his own hands to make sure he wasn't growing any claws or scales or anything. "Am I the only slightly normal one around here?"
The Willow Family (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

"I'm the king and I say we don't need clothes!"Timmy declared, still in his underwear. Several parents began mumbling amongst themselves about the odd pale-thing that was apparently a kid, along side Riik. The two were clearly unusual. "Hey Monkey kid! You com'n up here or what?!"Timmy asked Riik
Riikolo (played anonymously)

Riik hesitated. He didn't like being called a monkey. Lizard, demon; even dragon - those he was fine with. But monkey...

Riik folded his arms. He wasn't about to respond to being called a monkey. Nor did he even have any reason to approach Timmy. He had come to stop a fight, not take sides. No, Riik decided to wait until he was given a proper incentive. And perhaps until he was addressed in a more favourable fashion.
Other characters (played by SickViking)

After the debacle of their last outing, the church had decided to try a less private park for the Titan siblings to play in. This was supposedly a fairly open minded park, so everyone hoped that the three would fit in. At least somewhat.

What the nun saw when they arrived at the edge of the play area, very nearly made her turn face head back to the car. However, a small girl in a pink dress and incredibly messy red hair had wrenched her hand free of the old woman's vice like grip and had boltedfor the swings, not even noticing the other children.

"Rowan! Wait I've..I've changed my mind, come back!"
"Good luck, Sister Rose" said a girl almost identical to the first but wearing a blue dress. Clearly only the pink dressed sibling needed her hand held as the other two red headed children were still standing calmly next to the adult. "There's a swing set and monkey bars. She's not coming back."
The nun gave a light wail but hung her head in despair, trusting this second girl to control her siblings as she turned to sit on a bench.
"Devil spawn everywhere. Oh Lord, please protect the children" she muttered to herself.

The blue dressed girl remained at the edge of the play area, scanning the other children warily as her brother, also almost identical to his sisters, crouched down next to her, looking rather scared actually.

Rowan threw herself belly first at a swing and gave a peal of laughter, just simply happy to be getting some fresh air.

"Are ya coming up here or what?"Timmy asked Riik unamused. "Jal go down there and get him to come up here."Timmy ordered. "No. You do it."Jal said angrily. Timmy frowned, getting ready to push Jal to back off. To his surprise he was pushed off.

Timmy hit the ground with a thud. He stood up and dusted himself off. "Why aren't you going up there? Didn't you say you wanted to be a guard?"Timmy asked Riik.

Soon Timmy's flag hit the ground. "I'm King now!"Jal shouted with her arms folded across her chest. "HEY! NO FAIR! A PRINCESS CAN'T BE A KING! THEY'RE PRINCESSES!"Timmy shouted, losing interest in Riik the moment he found out about his dethroning. "Can too!"Jal replied, sticking her tongue out at Timmy. It wasn't long before she noticed the nun with two children next to her. Jal tilted her head, wondering if the two kids by the nun had gotten into trouble.

Riik gave Timmy a quick glance. "S-shouldn't be so bossy..." he mumbled shyly, reaching down to grab a stray rock and beginning to use it to file down the tips of his horns into a more blunt state. He could easily sharpen them again later after all. "I guard... everyone. So no fighting."

Did she hear something about a king? Rowan flipped over suddenly until she was seated properly on the swing, looking out at the others excitedly with vibrant green eyes. Oh oh oh, was that a dragon?! It had a fluffy tail! OH LOOK WAS THAT A KITTY?! What was this place? She’d never seen people who looked like that before. At once bounding off of the swing, Rowan made for the slide. If kitty was King, well, no one could be King but her so she’ll show the kitty.

Alexis peered out at the others from under her perfectly maintained crimson hair, arms still crossed for a moment before crouching down to gather her brothers hand and leading him towards the swingset, which seemed to as yet be unpopulated now that their sister had vacated her seat. “Come on, Ulrich. You should be playing. Sister Terra will be upset if she finds out you didn’t even have any fun.” The boy followed obediently, still looking like a scared puppy as he climbed onto the swing and started to kick his heels. Alexis still stood and watched, wary and protective.

Rowan grabbed up a stick before reaching the foot of the slide and pointed it up mock threateningly at the pointy eared girl who had declaired herself king. “I’m a knight! I challenge you to a duel! You have to fight me and if I win, I’m gonna be king!” She shouted happily.

The poor lizard kid seemed so nervous, but at least he was joining in on the fun. She was confused by the black-haired kid's comments though, and slipped on over to him.

"Normal? I'm normal," she claimed, head tilted. "I'm jus'a squirrel. And lotsa animals don't gots clofes."

The little girl smiled and turned to go try to reclaim her throne, well aware that the boy would need to move our get lightly bopped by her tail, and called out, "I'm still da king of da fluffy animals!"

Things were getting out of control, and Hiro didn't know exactly how to proceed.

"This is getting way too confusing." Hiro went over to the monkeys bars and the Jungle Gym and began practicing some of his acrobatics. To him, swinging to the top of the monkey bars, walking on his hands, and flipping from one structure to the next was nothing particularly impressive, but perhaps other observers might find his feats of skill quite impressive.

"Well you're not king of the castle, I am!"Timmy declared, beginning to climb up to the slide. JaAl looked down at Rowan. "I'm the king and I don't have to do anything I don't wanna!"She said, crossing her arms across her chest, unaware of Timmy and Willow's attempts to become king again.

Riik sighed. Clearly, he couldn't stop this conflict. He was just too timid. Instead, he dropped the stick he had been given and the stone he was blunting his horns with and sat himself down a short distance from everyone. He had failed what he set out to do, and now everyone were going to fight, and it was all his fault for not being good enough...

There had to be something he could do...

"Yah-huh!" The little ginger shouted up the slide. "Kings gotta do battle to protect the kingdom! I'll defeat you!" She, however, was fully aware of the others intent on the throne and started up the slide as quickly as her little dress shoes could take her; though having no traction on a slick slide made things difficult. "Nyaaa! Bad slide!"

Ulrich was swinging happily, watching the dark haired boy doing acrobatics on the jungle gym, impressed. Alexis, less so. She knew full well that Rowan could do that as well and figured anything Rowan could do must be easy. Though she'd never felt the need to do it herself, she still figured it would be a simple task. Her attention was drawn and captured by the fight for the "thrown" and her unamusement was palpable until Rowan gave a sudden cry.

"LEXI! You has to be my knight too! Come help."

Alexis rolled her eyes. "Help yourself. You aren't king yet." The little dragon appearing boy caught her attention and she called out to him "Why are you just sitting there?" She asked him.

Riik didn't register that he was being spoken to. The park was too noisy and he wasn't paying any attention, nor was addressed in a manner that would let him immediately know he was being spoken to. He merely stared down at his half-scaled, nude body, reminding himself that he did not belong here. That he did not fit in. It was not his talon-like feet, clawed fingers, mismatched eyes, fur-covered tail, horns, colourful scales or pointed teeth that made him feel separate from the others. It was his lack of understanding of civilisation that set him apart, and it seemed to be enough of a difference to cause the other children to shun his requests to cease their fighting. And now, he did not know what to do.

"I'M THE KING! I DON'T HAVE TO DO WHAT YOU SAY!"Jal shouted at Rowan, getting fed up with the girl's assertions. "Nuh-Uh! I'm the king!"Timmy declared.

As the squirrel child scampered back along the jungle gym, grinning and giggling all the way, she happened to look over and see the kid she'd fallen on moments ago. He looked... sad? He certainly wasn't having fun, that much was for sure. Well that wouldn't do!

Willow jumped back down and ran back over to the odd kid, abandoning any claim on the throne for now. Leaning forward to shove her face in his, she asked, "Hey, don'tcha wanna play with us?"

"It's a trap," called Hiro, hand-standing on the monkey bars. "They're all insane. Don't bother with 'em."

Riik leaned back a little as Willow got close. He desperately avoided eye contact, staring at the ground in his usual timid manner. Slowly and quietly, he mumbled his response. "Not... want fight. Can't... stop fight. But can't go... in case fight gets bad and I not around t-to help..."

"Oh please." Hiro swung off of the monkey bars and landed directly in front of Riik. "We're just having fun. Besides, if a fight breaks out for real, I could bring it to a stop myself, no problem!" He pulled back the sleeve of his gi and flexed his arm, revealing a small but well defined muscle. "I've done my share of training for a while. You can feel free to do whatever you feel like."

((Unless Hiro has inhumanly sensitive hearing, he probably actually wouldn't have heard Riik, as he was sitting a short distance away from everything and talking quietly...))

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Playground Adventures (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus