Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » One Hell of an Evening

Rosemary Glass (played anonymously)

The little ginger girl eyed the large beast who had entered. Her hand twitched and she shifted uncomfortably in her seat.

She stood up, her slight form barely elevating her chin above the table. For once, she seemed too shy to speak her mind.

"Um, sir..." She said nervously, addressing the manticore. "May-"

Isolde rolled her eyes at the tiny girl. "Ice of Hel, of course you may not pet the manticore. Rosemary Aislinn Taylor Glass, sit down and shut up," she commanded. Rose obeyed, pouting.
The Willow Family (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

"My name is Pezvhak."Pez introduced. "I am unfamiliar with most humanoid customs. Where do we get our food?"He asked, glancing at his plate. "Unless this is what you consider food."He added, tapping the plate with the tip of his stinger.

"Uh... no that's not food. The food goes on it."Jaqulynn said to the manticore, who glanced at her, before returning his glance to the plate. He never understood most humanoid customs. "If that's not the food than where is it?"Pez asked. "You're supposed to order it off the menu."Jaqulynn said, passing her menu over to Pez. Pez flipped it open with his stinger and looked through the various meals. What ever he got it'd either have to be in a vast quantity or very very large as most portions served by a restaurant wouldn't even be considered small snacks for most manticores, whom are capable of swallowing a horse whole into their seemingly bottomless stomachs.
Jackson (played by Zelphyr)

Oh, those little glares the blue-eyed boy kept giving him were so adorable! Jackson rested an elbow on the table and his chin on his hand, smiling pleasantly at the boy. He waited a moment, until he could more politely grab for the attention of the child who was probably not really a child - or at least not quite the age he appeared.

"Nicholas. Sorry, but you just... remind me so much of my little brother," he said when his moment came, and there was even a mildly affectionate tone in his voice. Of course, Jackson was entirely unaware if there were any beings that would qualify as siblings to him, but that was hardly an issue. "Would you let me take you out someplace after this and treat you? Perhaps, I don't know... do you like laser tag?"
Loki Nightblade (played by Zelphyr)

The response the old woman gave, simple quiet though it was, was startling to Loki. But of course, why would she be as she seemed? Suddenly distinctly uncomfortable, he decided he really should pay more attention to behavior, especially tonight.

At least the little girl across from him still seemed a proper child. Her reaction to the manticore, while worrying, was also adorable. It pulled a smile to his face - a smile that quickly faded when she was told to sit down and shut up. Frowning, eyebrows drawn, Loki addressed the woman with, "There's no need to be rude. She was only asking a question."
Merrin (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The boy shrugged, examining the woman. "You're gonna ask for a new plate, then?" The boy said pleasantly, his eyes flickering over to the silver knife the woman had brought with her. To Lanthe's credit, he didn't waver."What's the vial, for? Don't tell me your species is allergic to chervil, too."

Then the platinum-haired youth stepped in.

Resisting the reasonably inadequate response of "-you remind me of my little sister-", Lanthe grinned* boyishly . "Not really. It's not much fun when I always win." Lanthe wasn't even sure of what laser tag was, but that wasn't the point. "Your name's Jackson, right?"

*"Would you let me take you out someplace after this and treat you?" Bite me, Dorian Gray.
Malvatre (played anonymously)

Malvatre kept silent, something in his face twitching every time the manticore moved. The halfbreed decided to throw his attentions elsewhere, and spoke to the werewolf.

"Come now, aren't you at the very least interested, mademoiselle? Look at us! Such a strange assortment of... people. It would be a pity if one would not find this evening interesting." As he spoke, the frenchmen turned to Jaqulynn, leaning forwards, his hands crossed to form a rhombus. " And you, madam? I sense you are also a foreigner like me...Austria, perhaps?"

((This okay?))
Isolde Avery (played anonymously)

"I'm not going to be putting the plate in my mouth, am I? It's hardly the same as a peanut allergy." The, at least originally, daunting woman sighed. She didn't comment on the vial.

She turned to look at Loki. "It was a rather stupid question, but I suppose you're right. I should not instruct the worlds youth out of potentially rude and destructive situations. Let them... learn from their own mistakes, so to speak. Really though, Rosie, don't be so... you. It's never a good idea." The washed-out woman smiled. It was arguably the most detestable smile ever created.

"You know what?" The little girl looked at the colorless snake. Her voice shoo and there were tears in her eyes, but she was powered by righteous anger. "You shut up."

Rosemary Glass marched over to the manticore and laid a gentle hand behind his head. "See? I think he lies it. Do you lie that, Mister Pezchak?" She smiled smugly seeing Isolde's eye roll. "Don't ever tell me what to do again. You're a big, fat, jerk. Go die." This was all said obliviously to what the others might think of her taking back power from a sickly looking demon. The odd-looking bunch was virtually all that was left in the restaurant anyway, save the portion of the waitstaff that valued their jobs more than their lives and a blind man sipping his soup contentedly.

Oop: If that 'this okay?' statement was directed at me, yes it is okay. Jaqulynn's family naturally hail from Gemrany.

"No, I don't find it interesting."Roxxie said. She glanced at Pez warily. She'd only encountered a few Manticores in her life, and usually they were ravenous beasts, and not many had spoken to her, nor held a conversation. "Uh, yeah I am. My family used to live in Germany before World War 2."Jaqulynn said.

"Yeah, I'm a Changeling."Jared said, glancing at Pezvhak. He too was put on edge by the Manticore's presence. Jal glanced over at the manticore, giving off worried whimpers. "It's fine Jal he's not going to hurt anyone."Jaqulynn reassured. Pez didn't object to Rosemary petting him. He had a soft spot for children, even those who could shapeshift. Though had Rosemary not been a child he wouldn't have hesitated to snarl at her.
Loki Nightblade (played by Zelphyr)

"You can speak just as effectively without being rude!" Loki protested. "There's no reason- M-miss, wait!"

The little girl had gone right on over to the manticore though, and even mocked the woman as she spitefully disobeyed and pet the manticore. The halfdemon stumbled back out of his chair to ready himself in case he needed to snatch the child away from the beast - but the manticore did nothing. Loki watched it closely, but he supposed if it was here and cooperating, perhaps it was a kinder creature than he had thought. The idea struck him with a bit of shame.

Not that the creature really seemed terribly happy at the moment. Loki swallowed, "Miss Rose, I think your point is proven. Perhaps we should wait in our seats for now though, and we can, uh... mingle more later?"

Jackson licked his lips and could not help but laugh at the antics of some of his dining companions. He watched for a moment, then looked again around the table before his eyes landed on the boy again.

"Sorry," he said, though it was hard to say whether that was an apologetic smile or simply his usual. "So, I suppose you're quite the skilled little warrior. Would that include real combat with live rounds and all?"

Yes, he absolutely knew he was asking someone who looked too young to be permitted into real combat situations - at least those involving real guns with real ammo. That was part of the point.

Oh, so it involved a shooting of some sort. Probably non lethal. Right. The boy was distracted from his inner dialogue as he saw Little Miss Sunshine yell at Irritating Isolde and stomp over to the manticore. Then she petted him.

That was it. Lanthe could see it clear as day. Dinner over. Police everywhere. Blood everywhere. Screams everywhere. Journalists everywhere. And worst of all, he'd never find out who was behind the meeting.

Nothing happened.

Lanthe couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed. He'd even already thought of a good epitaph to put on the tombstone.* Grinning, he turned over to the blonde youth, placing an elbow on the table. "I'm thirteen, mister. I don't do live rounds." Technically, he wasn't lying. He never waited for his opponent.

*KIDS! When you want to pet the fluffy man scorpion kitty, please remember to ask first and wear protective armor.
Malvatre (played anonymously)

Malvatre leaned backwards, smiling. "Ah, german! Well, it was close. World War Two, madam? Now those were interesting times...so very long ago." The halflbood's acute ears caught something, and he glanced in the direction of the kitchens. Screams were heard. And swearing. There was definitively a lot of swearing involved.

Fascinating.

Monsieur Alain Rosseau took a small flask from his pocket and dripped the contents into a goblet as the events unrolled around him.
Golden Henbane, sparkling, no, burning with immortal desires of the ages. The man savoured the drink, thinking. This manticore was also fascinating. So ...civilized for one of its kind. Malvatre also took a second to glance at the old lady in purple. Somehow, she seemed more ...lively, less grey, her dark eyes of inscrutable colour staring at Pezvhak and the girl.

"Well, he's polite. Sit down," Isolde said pointedly. The little girl didn't want to take orders from that woman, but she was beginning to feel self concious standing in front of all these people. Rose stuck out get tongue and then walked back to her seat.

The little girl's face fell immediately. "Where are our appetizers? I'm soooooo hungry."

"Well, it was certainly hectic."Jaqulynn replied. "In the end though, I'm happy we left before things got really bad."Jaqulynn added. "Yeah, when are the appetizers gonna get here?"Jal asked as her stomach growled. "It'll probably take them a while. I mean, there's alot of people at this table, and the more people at a table in a restaurant the longer it takes the food to be made."Jenny said to Rosemary and Jal. "May I ask what you are looking at?"Pez asked Mrs. P when he noticed she was watching him.

"Of course," Jackson said with a chuckle. "So what would you like to do? Maybe I could show you my personal arcade? I can play very well, I assure you."

The pale youth grinned and idly wondered how long he could keep this up. Surely he was already being too blatant.

Not that the... thing at the end of the table seemed inclined to allow for any sort of more steady progression. He was very curious about her, but for reasons that also demanded caution. Still, with a great sigh, Jackson shifted his head on his hand to look at the old woman. There was something of a faint accusation under his polite tone as he asked, "Ma'am, will we be getting dinner here tonight?"

Loki, meanwhile, felt relief when the girl returned to her seat, though he was very certain that he was missing something.
Mrs Polemos (played by Loren)

The old lady grinned softly. "Why, at you, my good manticore. Good heavens, I did get a little worried about the poor darling there... but it seems you're amicable."

As the old woman turned to reply to Jackson, the waiters bursted in, carrying, well, food. Quite a lot of food, apparently. "We're sorry for the wait, there's been trouble at the, uh, kitchens." The changeling family recieved their own food, and so did the little girl and the demoness. The waiters glanced at the manticore and hesitated, but headed off to the kitchens retrieve the rest of the plates.

"Apparently so, my dear!"

"Really? That's cool." Lanthe told Jackson absently as the waiters started to appear with the food. Food for the werewolf, food for the demons, food for the dragon. The Other watched with satisfaction one disgruntled waiter place his numerous requests on the table. Not that he'd eat much, really. But it was free, and it was nice to see the chefs get annoyed...whoever hosted this dinner, he or she'd better have a big bank account.

"It's going to be late, though. When this is over, I mean. It's nearly eleven o'clock right now. So who are you? I mean, all of us are someone here. They're shapeshifters, he's a manticore, she's a werewolf...who* are you people?" The boy gave him a charming smile. It didn't reach his eyes.

Outside of the restaurant, shouts were also heard.

*Or what.

"Finally!" Rosemary exclaimed. "I'm half starved. Took them long enough." She tore into her food. "Mmmmm." Everything was quite delicious. She couldn't remember the last time she had eaten this well. Actually, she couldn't remember the last time she had eaten.

She had made hearty progress by the time the boy had begun asking questions. She looked up, her face shifting from a look of contentment to one of stark confusion. "I'm Rose," she said, a touch of unexplained sadness in her voice. "I've already said..."
Isolde Avery (played anonymously)

The pale woman began eating her meal delicately, assuming the pretentious grace of a queen. She sipped her wine, gazing at the ginger with amusement. It was all downhill from here. She'd love it if the little one ended up dead. That would be funny.

"Think there is a pattern? I'm a demon," she said casually.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » One Hell of an Evening

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus