Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » One Hell of an Evening

The Willow Family (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

"I guess you could when more waiters come back."Jaqulynn said, as she began to eat. Jake began tearing into his food the instant it was handed to him. Jenny and Jared began eating as well. Jal poked her food with her fork, unsure if she should eat it or not. It certainly wasn't food she was used to.

"Was getting tired of waiting."Roxxie grumbled."So, when do I request my food?"Pez asked. "When another one of the waiters comes around I guess."Roxxie said.
Loki Nightblade (played by Zelphyr)

"Oh, no no," Loki reached out to reassure the little girl after he'd given an awkward but appreciative smile to the server who brought his food. "H-he hasn't forgotten, I'm sure. I think... think he means 'what' if not human."

He hesitated. Under the circumstances, he'd no doubt be called a liar if he claimed to be human. He didn't really want to admit to being a half demon when full ones were around though. What might he be able to claim, then?

"F-for example, I'm a, uh... neko. A cat boy. I even have a tail! I just... try to blend in."
Jackson (played by Zelphyr)

As the food was brought out, Jackson's eyes lingered on the woman, and he uttered a simple, "Mmhm."

He turned back to the boy then, who was rapidly being surrounded by assorted foods, smiling again. "True, but I'd think anyone who would allow such a young boy to a mysterious dinner like this wouldn't mind if that boy were to stay out a bit later with a new friend."

The plates placed before the pale young man where roughly opposite of each other; one a salad, and the other bore slices of blood sausage artfully laid out.
Merrin (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The boy snapped his fingers at the demoness as more food came out, and one beffudled waiter asked the manticore what he wanted to eat for dinner. "Yeah. There's got to be one. I mean, we've got a manticore, a demoness, a family of changelings..." The "young boy" didn't seem, at all, shocked by her ever so casual reveal.

Loki Nightblade, on the other hand, made him grin a grin that was not that pleasant on a young face such as his. "Really? I would never have thought that, mister. I thought they had, y'know, cat ears?*" Typhe gestured vaguely at Jaqulynn.

Typhar Ivérn shrugged and broke a loaf of bread in two. "Sure, but I'm very responsible. Besides, I don't know you!" He grinned with malice, his chin pointing upwards. "You could be a serial killer or something."

*Now that I mention it, though, his ears were slightly pointed. Why does everyone have to go around wearing pointed ears? It's a ridiculous steryotype and very insulting. Oh, you're an incognito supernatural creature? Here, take some slightly pointed ears, you'll do just fine blending in. At least Wightey and Tightey had the decency to look relatively normal. Their behavior, however... why do daemons enjoy harrassing "kids" so much?
Which is really lame, because they completely missed the kids -do changelings call their kids kids? No, that's for goats. Or are they foals? - in the room which actually were their apparent age.

I think. You can't ever be sure, in this area.

((Bah. I'm switching permanently to Typhe to avert any confusion ^^;))
Malvatre (played anonymously)

Malvatre softly rotated the goblet filled with the Henbane, eyeing the others through his crimson lenses. The drink helped him keep to his human form as the minutes passed, and stopped, however temporarily it might be, the pain of being inclausurated in such a prison.

"You already know what I am, boy. Tell me, mon ami, do you really believe that figuring out all of our...species will help us discover who was the host?" There was a rather hostile tone in his voice, buried underneath the accent. "If this ...person...planned this dinner, why would we think he is not of us? It could be you, it could be me. What would one gain from this?"

Distractedly, the man signaled the waiter that the oncoming dish was for him. Malvatre noticed that the porter at the entrance had closed the door shut.
Rosemary Glass (played anonymously)

"What? What? That is beyond rude. Racist, even. How are you letting this guy have the answers to such a heartless question? Honestly," she said, "what even are you? Uncaring, idiotic and unkind, that's what. Shut your stupid mouth." The little girl had stood up for her soliloquy, but now say down with a humph, taking up eating once again.

"What are you guys? You're rude," she pointed at Nick. "You're evil," she said to Isolde, who raised an eyebrow but made no other reaction. "You're creepy," she pointed to Jackson and Malvatre. "You lack social skills," she pointed to Roxxie. "You're old and you're a family, which I distrust," she referred to Polemos and the Willows, respectively. "I'm 'insolent'. The only people at this table worth liking are the cats!" She reddened. "I hope that isn't an offensive term, Pezhvak and Loki... I'm sorry if it is."

Jenny groaned. "We don't have cat ears."She said. "Christ, we're related to cats. Doesn't mean we are cats...."She grumbled, taking a bite of her food. Jal blinked in confusion when Rosemary had her outburst. "Wh-what's wrong with having a family?"She asked quietly.

"Well, you've certainly got a temper."Pez said, not bothered by Rosemary's comment at all. "I would like twenty pounds of Cow meat. What ever you call it... steak?"Pez said, when the waiter asked for his food.. Roxxie groaned, rolling her eyes. "Screw you too."She muttered, taking a bite of her food.

"I'm... not sure why being a cat would be a bad thing," the halfdemon said to the little girl, tilting his head a bit. "But I'm sure you're being too hard! I mean... you seem perfectly sweet to me, and... someone having family is a silly reason to distrust, and..."

He looked at the old woman next to him, wanting to insist that age was just as silly, but... by now, something about her was giving him the willies. The feline turned his head instead to address the boy's earlier comment about ears.

"Uh, well, I just... felt I should try to blend in. That... doesn't really seem to be an issue here, though," Loki noted, glancing again at the manticore and the tailed family. "And... this shirt really itches... um... does anyone mind...?"

He tugged at the collar of his shirt, then quickly added, "I'll keep the vest on, of course!"

"As easily as could you, I'm sure," Jackson stated simply, waving his hand without a bit of concern. "I'm not the one who's hiding, after all."

As he started shifting his salad about, the youth's eyes slid over to the little girl in the corner of the table. Somehow he managed to look both hurt and amused at the same time. "I'm creepy? I'm afraid you'll have to explain. I'm trying to be on my very best behavior, after all."

"I take offense to the second one, you know." Typhar Ivérn muttered, rolling his eyes. " Okay. Let's say you're right, Rosie. Tell me, why do you think a rich guy somewhere decided to offer a bunch of obviously -not- human people dinner a chic restaurant?"

"Oh, yeah, blending in. With our lot?" The boy turned to face Jenny and shrugged. "Fine, feline ears. It was an example."

Me, hiding something, says the Jack that has an aura worse than Jack the Ripper?* "Nicholas Cain" dipped his fingers into a glass cup and flicked droplets casually in Jackson and Isolde's direction."Begone, demons! By salt and sand, I abjure you! Glamour be banished!”

"With apple juice?" Malvatre snidely commented from his seat on the end of the table. "And this coming from you, dearie?" Polemos remarked, raising a slightly less weathered eyebrow than it was half an hour ago.

"I always wanted to say that. Anyway, it's all in good fun, mister Rosseau." He grinned widely, tilting his head to a side. "I think you're creepy too, for the record, but it's fine. At least you don't go around insulting people when they make perfectly good assumptions. Anyone has any other theory, then?"

*Believe me, I know from a first hand experience.

"Thank you," Rose said to Loki. "I suppose I am sweet when I work towards it."

She turned to Jackson. "You talk too old. You sit there, young and smiley and sort of handsome, but over and over again you use words that I only hear grown-ups say. Treat? Why not 'hang out'? Like the unholy cross between an adult and high schooler... A college student, I guess. But you still look a little young..."

The little girl glared at the blue-eyed boy. "For his own amusement. To create a collection. To destroy the city. I don't know!" She frowned. The manticore was right. She did have a temper. "None of us know. We'll find out eventually, but chances are it won't be good. We should be ready for anything, really."

Finally, she turned to Jal. "I guess I just don't trust mine." Her frown deepened. "They're lazy good-for-nothings anyway. It doesn't matter."
Isolde Avery (played anonymously)

"I'm starting to agree with the one whom really needs to be on a leash." She looked pointedly at Nicholas Cain. "You are racist," she said, wiping juice out of her hair. "And we do need to be ready for anything."

She glanced at the old woman. It seemed conflict was washing away the years for Mrs. Polemos.

"Well.... this is certainly an... uh... interesting dinner."Marty said, only being heard by Jenny.

Since no one seemed to have any objection, Loki quietly and subtly as he could worked at removing the thriftstore shirt. He'd have preferred to keep his vest on while doing it, but at least it was easy enough to put back on. He also was lucky enough to have the sort of body that did perfectly fine on display - though he honestly just felt the shirt was too itchy.

"Well, demons do tend to be... unpleasant by nature," he said quietly. He wasn't even sure if he hoped anyone heard him or not. "B-but sometime... I mean... there are some who're... more pleasant..."

Jackson frowned as he wiped away the droplets of apple juice, but he did not immediately address it. Instead, he grinned at the little girl - and there wasn't a single thing threatening about it. No, it was... charmed, proud, touched even. He might have been looking at kittens waddling along to affectionately bump heads. "You think I'm handsome, miss? Even sort-of, it's still... oh, I just want to come over and hug you! Childhood suits you wonderfully! But I commonly get mistaken for being younger than I am. I'm old enough to drink, even!"

He stirred his salad around a bit, and his gaze returned to the blue-eyed boy again, this time with a bit of malice in it, even as he smiled. "I have also been mistaken for a demon, though I suppose I can't deny it any more than I can confirm it. Now, since this happy lad has been so curious about us while clearly too shy to share anything about himself, perhaps those more familiar with him can help by shedding a little light on the subject?"
Mrs Polemos (played by Loren)

More servants had come in, carrying the last of the main meals and quickly placing them on the table. Polemos watched the cheerful mortal female cough slightly and say a couple of words. "Uh, we do hope you're enjoying your meal!" Her eyes straying over to the manticore. To her credit, she rallied quickly. "We bring compliments from the chef!" She said, while turning on the rather expensive television behind them with a click, the volume low.

Polemos' eyes flickered over to the television, where a reporter was commenting the horrorizing radiation that had been noticed coming from a certain atomic central and the leakage of an petrolship over the Pacific, all in the last couple of hours.

She glanced at Jackson, smiling politely, one of her grey eyebrows arched curiously. "Oh, I never found out, dearie! But I have my theories, of course."
Malvatre (played anonymously)

"Jackson, mon ami...me and the boy made a bargain, remember? He did not tell of my own kind...I shall not tell of his. If you could call his species so. Besides, like my dearest Mrs. Polemai, it's only a guess. If a very educated one. " The french man shrugged, finishing his drink and barring his teeth goodnaturedly. Steam rolled from the innards of the chalice, whose inside was dissolving onto itsself. He had kept moderately quiet along the night, with all those petty monsters and creatures, liars and demons. Hmm.

"I do think something quite interesting going on, however." The man smiled like a knife, tilting his eyes at Polemos and at the "boy". "Surely there is a pattern. Surely there is a plan." He placed more of the fascinating liquor on a chalice, snapping his fingers at a waiter to remove the first one. She didn't seem particularly offended about the man bringing his own drink. If she'd be offended by that, she'd be tearing their own hair out already.

"No, I'm not racist. Prejudiced, sure, but not racist. There's a difference." Typhe objected, grinning. "But I am prejudiced against everything, so it's fine, while you are still a demon. " He glanced at Loki and shrugged, seeming to completely ignore the fact that he had just taken off his shirt*. "Okay, fine, a few are mostly agreeable, but somehow, I don't believe my lady Isolde here is one of those. I wonder eye. Sorry, why. My tongue slipped."

The Netharine turned his attention to Jackson and the the annoying kid with the scarf. "Mistaken for means you're not, y'know. Mister." The boy grinned again, a wide grin that was too cheesy to reach his eyes. "Well, people always think we're a little younger than we are, it's kinda a prerequisite."

Typhar also pointedly ignored the old lady and the frenchman when they mentioned what he was.

*He rather enjoyed seeing the look on the waiter's faces, though. Chic, expensive restaurant, was it? Have a half naked guy who-supposedly-is-a-neko and a manticore and a crazy old lady to boot, there you go, silver platters ruined.
Isolde Avery (played anonymously)

((I am very sorry. I just. I don't even know what life is anymore.))

"Prejudice is useless. It's nothing but justification for lack of knowledge." She sipped her wine and leaned towards the "child". "Let me tell you a secret. No one with wisdom or morality ever finds themselves in need of justification. No one clever ever needs it. Why invent it?" Isolde smiled. "Of course I'm unpleasant. That's the only consistent theme among this party."

The woman gazed around, seeing most of the food had already been eaten... "Where ever is our evening's gracious patron?"

The little girl sat quietly, but had gone even paler than usual. She decided it was best to avoid conversation for a while.

Obviously, that very thought prompted her to burst out, "What if they want to eat us?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » One Hell of an Evening

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus