Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Business as Usual (1x1 Closed)

Conner McAlister (played by Ambrosia) Topic Starter

"only, and ONLY, when I'm tired" He said raising a brow. Waiting for her to get in, he turned the radio onto his favorite station. He looked at her as she sat in the car "Alright Robin, Rick said The nest is somewhere in Alberton Town.

Slade revved the engine, it's roar put a smile on his face "Let's go" he said, the screeching of the tires as he started down the road. Eventually they got to the town "Alright, so from the information Rick sent me, the Item he lost was a watch" He tossed his phone into her lap "Do you recognize it?"
The whole car ride was pretty silent, Nina was tired from pretending and she slept away most of it. When she heard what they were looking for she rolled her eyes. "You must be kidding me right? A watch?" She took the phone and once she saw the watch her eyes got big. "Holy crabcakes, he found it." Nina sat up straight and stared at the watch. " This is great news. Well, if you don't count it being taken by someone or something." She gave the Phone back and opened the car door. "What clue's did he give? Does he know who took it?" She stepped out and stretched her legs.

Nina looked around the town and saw it was really silent. No traffic or people on the Streets. It was almost creepy. "Are we in the right place?"

"What?" Slade asked looking at her with a puzzled expression, so much excitement for a watch. He pulled up into a motel and took the phone again, looking at the picture, he didn't get it "He gave us our first lead" he got out and popped the trunk, guns and blades littering the boot with a shoulder bag laying on it all "A dead guy checked into the morgue a few days ago and then just an hour ago, another guy turned up dead too. Same way, drained of blood"
Nina shrugged and looked around. "I guess vampires huh? No big deal. Piece of cake, really." She closed the door and cracked her neck. "I suggest you go look for info and I gank some sons of beaches.." Nina grabbed her bag from the backseat and put it over her shoulder. She looked at her watch and moved her wrist up and down while counting. "What do you say, we come back in 3.3 hours?" Yeah, she was being cocky again but she just spend hours in a car with him, she needed some space.

"or" Slade said smiling, he felt smug pulling out a laptop and handing her it "You study, find what you can and I go look up the murder scene?" he handed her the laptop and entered the bathroom. He took off his clothes regardless of the fact the door was open. Slipping on his pants first, his toned bare torso shined underneath the fluorescent lighting. He slipped his arms into the shirt and walked out of the bathroom, shirt unbuttoned. He was going to live in crappy motels then he is going to make himself at home.
Nina looked at the laptop with disgust. "Euhm, you must have hit your head if you think I want to, sorry, I can work on that machine thingy." One eyebrow lifted while rolling her eyes at Slade just walking around like this. This made her think of another childhood memory. She thought of the summer they went on separate cases. Both of them were away for a couple of months and when they got reunited, she changed, alot. And then, when he wanted to enter her room without knocking, she yelled at him. She rememberd how confused he was and how she answered "I'm a woman now, you can't just walk in." He laughed, tears in his eyes and she didn't speak to him for a whole 2 days. Good times, they made her wanna smile but she didn't.

"Look, we both know that you are the brains to this operation and I'm the muscles. Lets stick with what we know?" With two fingers, she pushed the laptop away from her like it has was a dirty sock.

"That's exactly what i was hoping you'd do" he laughed releasing his clip from his gun with one hand and buttoning his shirt with the other. He stopped half way "I'm a man now but you can still come into my room when you want to, we're living underneath the same one anyway" He recalled that memory and chuckled as he replied to her. He stopped buttoning his shirt half way. His collars were raised and his shirt hung a little loose. He pulled back the barrel of his gun and saw a bullet resting in the chamber then released it and slid another clip into it then continued buttoning his shirt "Well Miss braun, The brain is also a muscle. So work it and get used to it, we're going to have to switch up roles, besides, i need to practice anyway" he smiled devilishly "That machine thingy is called a laptop, it's what the grown ups use to find things, either this or you can go to the library" he said tying his tie, he grabbed the tip of it and held it up "Hey look" he said pretending to look dead, his tongue hung from his mouth "Death by tie" He chuckled letting go of his tie and lowering his collars. Slade slid on his shoes and grabbed his blazer "Don't wait up" he had a smug smile as he held the door knob
Her mouth fell open as she watched him walk away. "I can't fricking believe him." Grumpy and annoyed she took the laptop and started looking up stuff. Now, she knew how to use one, she just never liked to use it. She'd rather go on guts. "I'm gonna tie him one if he doesn't return soon.." She mumbled to herself. After taking of her leather jacket and shoes, she sat behind the laptop for 4 hours. After that, she got sick of the screen, her eyes hurt and she layed down on her bed. For a couple of minutes she closed her eyes, hoping the headache would go away.

Slade arrived at the latest victim's murder scene, the victim's home, his eyes scanned the surroundings. The police had left after a while but they always over look the smallest details. Slade walked around, running his fingers over the furniture, a fang lay on the floor besides the sofa. How did the cops miss this?. The vamp they were looking for was down one fang, and he kills his victims rather than turning them.

Slade searched some more, The place smelt like sulfur. There was something else here too, and by the still lingering smell, it was here whilst the attack was happening. Slade concluded his search and left for the motel, entering the room whilst loosening his "What did you find out?" he asked taking off his shirt and grabbing a beer from the motel fridge, it wasn't him who was paying for it anyway "The vampire lost a tooth, which is actually the first, aren't fangs tough mothers to remove?" he said fondling it in his finger tips. "There was a faint smell of sulfur too, think it was a demon? that doesn't makes sense, why would a demon be at a vampire attack... at the same time?"
Nina almost jumped through the roof when Slade came in. "Yeah, that's odd." She said half still sleeping and half figuring out what century she was in. "I didn't find much, just that the watch has a big history and a lot of lore behind it." She got up from the bed and stretched. "I'm starving. How about I go get us some burgers? Or pizza, whatever you want." She said while grabbing her coat and walking to the door. "I have been sitting in this tiny hotelroom for way too long, I need fresh air." She waited at the door and looked at him while rubbing her eyes and yawning.

"The info on the watch is in the notes on the table. So, pizza or not?" She said, eager to go outside. Nina felt her pants pocket buzzing but she ignored it. Once she was outside, she'd answer it so that if it was his father, she wouldn't have to deal with it immediatly.

She never gave him a chance to say anything, she was eager to be alone. He sighed, Slade brought her food but she never gave him the chance to talk. oh well, she wanted to be on her lonesome, he didn't mind, in fact, she must be so used to it that she must have forgotten how much they were always around each other.

There was this one time when Slade had gone with his parents really early and she'd woke up and called for him, asking her parents who also didn't know. She searched and searched because Slade always said bye if he was going to leave for a long time. She looked through the motel room he and his parents were living in frantically searching for him. A week had gone by and no Slade. When he returned to her they were at a new motel and Slade ran up to the car her parents drove. She opened the door and her eyes lit up, a big smile on her face as he hugged her.

It wasn't going to be like that, well, great things never lasted right... but he was determined to get her to feel comfortable around him. He threw the burgers on the table and opened the door, took her phone from her and pulled her arm with the other arm, turning her around and pushing her into the wall "Get this right" he said getting closer "This is a me and you team, There's no secrets... " his body got closer to hers "You're going to get used to me" his chest pressed against hers, he leaned into her ear "Don't forget where we came from" whispering, his breath fanning against her ear. he caught her eyes in his "WE... are a team"
Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth)

The sudden move caught her off guard and first she just stood there, not saying anything, just listening with her eyes wide open. After he was done she pushed him off. "There is no WE. When are you going to get that? After this job is done, you'll go back to your little perfect life and I'll return to this miserable little piece of nothing I call a life." She had turned around to the wall because she didn't wan't him to see her get teary eyed.

But anger built up and she turned to face him again. "Where do you get the nerve to make disicions like that? Who says I want to be in your team? You left, never wrote me not even called. Yes, I pushed you away but you knew me. You knew I was capable of such emotion. And still you didn't do anything about it. I needed you to save me, I needed you to force me into dealing with my parents.." Her voice got loud and sharp by the end, hurt dripping from every word.

After the whole rant she knew she had said too much and she got silent. Her eyes got big with shock, shock from her own words. The one thing she didn't wanna do was hurt him. It wasn't his fault, not even the slightest but still, only him she could blame because he was the only one left. Her parents were gone and she couldn't yell at them. This made her angry again and she hit the wall with her fist. The urge to start crying was bigger than herself and so she did. She let everything go, every emotion she had ever felt since her parents died. With her hand on the wall and her head leaning against it, she cried.

Slade just looked at her, taking it all in, maybe it was his fault, but he was here now, so he had to make things right. He slowly turned her around and pulled her in close, wrapping his arms around her to comfort her "I'm here now, but if I leave this life, then I'm going to take you with me, well forget hunting together. You deserve to be happy, to be with someone you love. I need you just as much as you need me" he pressed his lips to her forehead "you cant hate me as much as I already have myself" he whispered against her hair.

He opened the motel room and slowly took her over to her bed, sat her down and got a first aid pack. He wrapped bandages around her wounds "if we weren't a team, I wouldn't be doing this"
Nina sobbed quietly while she let Slade help her. She shook her head and tried to fight it a little. "Why are you being so nice? I'm being such a beach." Again she shook her head. "I don't hate you.. You know I don't. I just have a tough time telling the people I love that I love them." She smiled after saying that, knowing she wasn't being subtle at all. "And I don't need anyone, keep up with the program." She chuckled softly and watched him bandage her up.

Nina got silent and looked at her hands. "I missed you." She wispered, as if she was ashamed to feel that way.

Slade glanced up at her, locking eyes a few seconds "ditto" he smiled, looked back down at her hand as he bandaged it.

It was like the time when they were kids, she cut herself on a knife her dad left out. When Slade walked in he saw a trial of blood leading to the bathroom of their motel room. He followed it, scared and worried, what if she was hurt... What if she hurt someone and ran... He had to be sure. Young Slade approached the bathroom cautiously, peering around the door frame he saw her with a quivering lower lip, a tear welling up in her eye, holding her cut palm under the tap.

Right now, as he bandaged her hand, he saw that quivering lip and as much as she may hate it, he found it the most adorable thing ever.

Sitting besides her on the bed, he kissed her forehead "cmon giggles" that was her nick name for him when they were kids "we have a date with a corpse"
With her other hand, she wiped away her tears and went back to being her own, stubborn and tough self. Yeah, she was going to try to be more herself but it would take time. Still, something had changed, ever so visible yet very subtle. Not realising it yet, Nina her wounds were healing, both her hand and her heart.

"Let's go chuckles." Nina smiled and poked him while walking Through the door towards the car. "I hope it made a reservation." she said while getting in the car. Once they arrived at the victims house, a strange smell was present.

"Do you smell that?" she said while closing her node against the smell.

Slade choked on his words "yeah... Death really did a number on him" it was repulsive, they just stepped into the room and it already smelt. The doctor came in sliding in his elastic gloves
"morning detectives, this way, the victim is just taking a nap" the doctor led them to a metal bed
"an eternal nap, sure" Slade replied with a ffrown.

The doctor didn't even smile, he was not easily amused. He lifted the sheets off the victim, Slade almost threw up

"Daniel Gareth Bates, 30, married, no kids. Killed by wife" the doctor said tilting his Head "knife cuts on side of neck, cheek and chest. She finally killed him" the doctor tilted his head back "slit the poor bastard's throat" the wound opened up deep, you could see inside his neck.

Slade gagged, the Doctor smiled at Slades reaction, it was the only thing that amused hhim. Slade turned around putting his back to the body, he looked at Nina "not possible, wife was grocery shopping at the same time it all happened"
Nina didn't cringe at the sight of the body. She was used to it, although it amused her how after all these years, he still couldn't handle the sight of the bodies. "Don't mind Puky over here. It's not his first rodeo but somehow he makes it look like it is." She shook her head while laughing at Slade's face and got closer to the victims body. "Hmmm. Where is the footage of the wife shopping?" She said while taking a glove and putting it on to investigate the body better. She pushed the victims head aside and back, opened his mouth and checked under his tongue.

She got up and took the glove off. "Make sure to let us know if you've found anything strange after the biopsy." She told the doctor and pulled Slade with her, away from the body and from the doctor. "Don't you think the cuts are a bit.. euhm..strange?" she asked him quietly. "Almost surgically done or something."

Slade couldn't wrap his head around it "Surgically or not... how the hell can there be a vampire, demon and shapeshifter in the same room without ripping each other apart?" he leaned on the top of his car looking over to her "Something weird is definitely goin' on. Our best lead is the wife, wanna go check her out? or do you wanna check out the house one more time, maybe i missed something?" he sat in the driver's seat, turned the key in the ignition and awoke the beast as his mustang roared

"What if dad's after this watch, maybe its all connected somehow, i have no other reason for a vamp, Shapeshifter or a demon being together" he put the mustang into first gear "Your call Nina, Wife or house? The footage is in the station, we can check it out there"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Business as Usual (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus