Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Business as Usual (1x1 Closed)

"Goddammit Slade." Her voice was sharp and she threw her hands in the air. "I've changed. You have. We both are different people." She calmed down and continued. "I'm broken, okay? I'm a mess and you don't wanna be around me."
Conner McAlister (played by Ambrosia) Topic Starter

"You're a mess, and i'm lost. We both need each other" he made his way to her, turned off her motorbike engine "Don't go, i know you're scared"
"I can't be who you want me to be right now. You don't really know me anymore." She took of her helmet and went with her hand through her hair. " The truth is, I have missed you alot but I can't think about it too much. You can't distract me from my mission."

"I missed you too. You were my friend when I needed one. You were always there and you made me feel like I was loved" Slade stepped closer to her, looking down into her eyes "If you leave me, you'll be more distracted and if you get hurt, that's on me" he gently took her hands "Please Nina"

The inside of the cabin is alive with laughter and friends. It maybe briefbut the memories within those walls are what made them into those they are.
"You are too good for me." Nina pulled Slade closer and wrapped her arms around his waist for a hug. One of those tight ones she used to give where she'd almost break his ribs. When pulling away, you could see a smile, for a second her old self was back. But that feeling didn't stay long because when she took her celphone out her face got serious again.

"Okay, so remember that you love me and all the cliche stuff you just said. Here.." She gave him the Phone to show him the text his father send her. "Before you ask questions. Yes, I was gonna go without telling you. Yes, me and your father have been in contact for a while now. Yes, I should of told you but I didn't for Obvious reasons." She crossed her arms and waited for his reaction.

Slade hug her back, her hugs were always the best, especially ones that she gave in surprise. "That the Nina I remember" he smiled into the hug, she looked liker herself... for a few moments.

Ashley stepped out of the cabin talking to her parents, laughing at a joke they made. Her smile dropped as she saw Slade and Nina hug. She looked away trying to avoid eye contact "Erm, come inside, erh guys. It's cold out" Slade quickly turned to face Ashley, breaking the hug in the process, he ran his hand through his hair. He chuckled nervously "Erm sure, we'll be inside in a few" She nodded, still avoiding eye contact and left them two. Slade huffed "Well, awkwaaaaaard"

Slade was confused, what could be so bad that she didn't want to tell him. Slade took her phone and looked and read the message... he couldn't believe it "What?... Who's Raven, why would he text you this and ignore me fore 5 months?!" he was confused and angry
Nina noticed the awkwardness between the two and got worried. Why were the acting like that? She decided to ignore it, since it was probably nothing. She arched her brows and shrugged. "I don't know. I just know that he was looking for Raven. Something about your mother. And he didn't ignore you. He didn't wanna bother you while you were in college." Nina knew how hard it was for him to hear that she had been in contact with the man who caused him all this pain. But his father had given her orders, orders she was ignoring by telling him all of this.

"Anyway, we should go right?" Nina proceeded to put on her helmet. "Unless you wanna go inside?" At one point she really wanted to leave everything behind for one night and dance, drink like they used to. But all of the memories haunted her. Everytime she wanted to be happy, her mind told her she couldn't. Not until her parents death was solved. "I mean, you can go. I'll wait outside, I'm sure they don't want me dragging down the party."

"Yea, i don't wanna go inside myself. i love them, i really do but it's too much for my taste" he chuckled. he put a gentle hand on her cheek "You have me now" he said with sincerity in his eyes. he waled towards his car and sat in the driver's seat "Let's go" he said with a charming smile, he evaded the subject of his father. Maybe he'll see him soon, right now they don't have much to find him

He slid his earpiece in and spoke to her from that "How does Mississippi sound? lets start there, dad said he would be there first, before he left"
Nina nodded content. Her jealousy had taken over and she was happy that he didn't wanna go inside. She loved Ashley but it would crush her to see them together, ever. "Well okay then." After putting her helmet back on and sliding her hands in her short leather gloves, she started her bike and pushed it of the kickstand.

The earpiece was activated when she put on her helmet and she turned her bike towards the road. "Sure, sounds good. Although, your father had a vampire case there. I don't know if he already fixed the problem but we can start there." She started driving and was silent for a bit. "Slade? Maybe we should go to Rick first?" Rick was the man of the hour. Anyone who needed info on anything or anyone in the hunter community asked him. He was her fathers best friend, next to Slade's father and Nina's godparent. Slade was like a son to him, since he never had any children of his own. It had been a long time since Slade had seen him. She knew because Rick had told her and said how he missed him. "He has some new cool weapons and such. I'm sure there is some stuff in your trunk that needs replacing." She shuckled as she teased him.

She was right, there was so much Slade needed to learn, so much he'd forgotten. Though the nice memories he'd had when he was growing up still remained. There was a time when Slade had a huge zit on his face. It was right on the tip of his nose, red as a ripe tomato. Nina was firs on the case with the teasing, she pretended like it was hazardous. She even wore a pretend gas mask around it, as if it was radioactive.

She poked fun and joked about it but when Slade and her went out for a walk, another girl, complete stranger made fun out of it, Nina clocked her cold. Not even thinking twice about it. Slade remembered the good stuff... his mind kept all the bad things behind closed walls... eventually those walls will come tumbling down.

Slade's car's engine roared in the night like a lion roaring at other predators "actually, there's nothing in there, nothing but empty bottles and my college bag. I cleared this baby out years ago" he said keeping his left hand on the wheel, his arm resting on the door and his right arm resting on the gear stick "Damn, Rick, i missed him, sure i need some new gear, and i wanna meet the old rust bucket. im surprised he's still running the business"
Nina shuckled and shook her head. "Don't call him that when you see him. He's been going through some changes like a new girlfriend and a new haircut." Saying he went through his mid-life crisis was not even close to how he changed. But Slade would soon see. Nina thought it was adorable how he tried to stay young for his new, slightly younger girlfriend. She was also a hunter and familiar with the whole business.

When they would arrive, Slade would notice that Nina acted like 'herself'. She decided that she wasn't gonna act like a heartless witch when around Rick. First of all, he would give her a smacking and lock her up until she was back to her old self, second, he had suffered enough and she didn't wanna ruin his happystreak and third but not least, she didn't want him to see her like that. He was like a second father to her and she didn't, no couldn't dissapoint him.

For a couple of minutes she was silent and thought about Rick. Then her walk down memorylane was interrupted by a phonecall. She picked up with her other earpiece in her helmet and for a couple of minutes she argued with a person on the other line. "Seriously Jake, you can't keep doing this." Her voice got sharp firt but soft again at the end of the conversation. "We'll talk when I'm back in town. And yes, I know you love me." She shuckled and hung up, then continued to drive in silent.

Slade stopped in front of Rick's junkyard, it was like looking at past photos, a picture perfect view of the car part piles all stacked on top of another, Slade was always in that pile. In fact, Rick taught him all he knows about cars. How to fix them, change parts etc, all the cool stuff.

Slade drove slowly through the gates of the yard, looking around, holding in emotion. It was as if he never left.
"There it is" Slade said to himself, with the biggest smile he ever had. "Rick?!" Slade called stepping out of his car "you there ol' man?!" yelling as loud as he can. Slade leaned into his car through the window and pressed the horn, The horn was as loud as a truck, it was the one Rick installed for him a VERY long time ago.

Slade walked to the front of his car and leaned onto the bonnet, looked up with teary eyes at the house, he took in a deep breath, the smell of metal and oil was never lost on him, he was always around it here.

"Keep it down out there, I'm coming for the Lord's sake!" an old voice called from inside, footsteps were heard coming from the inside "If you're here to bash the word of the lord into my ears, i swear to god hims-" The old man stepped out of the house, distracted at fist but when he got a look of Slade, his mouth dropped.
"Hey ol' man" Slade said looking up at him, a tear welling up in his right eye "Long time"
Nina had arrived already and was leaning against her bike, letting Slade have the first word with Rick. Now this was a reunion she did wanna see. Both very manly man were about to engage in a very emotional and not so manly way while trying to stay as masculine as they could. Too bad that she didn't have any popcorn, it would've been perfect.

Rick came out with a rifle while cocking it but from the moment his eyes caught Slade he left it behind on the porch, with his angry face and that made room for a suprised "Well darnit, I must be dyin' or somethin'." He walked out towards Slade and pulled him in for a big hug. He did that when he was about to cry and he didn't want anyone to see it.

This everything was observed by a smirking Nina. "Please get a room!" Her voice sounded annoyed but she wasn't, not in the slightest. A big happy grin was showing and she shook her head at the scene of the two men. She got up from her bike and proceeded to go into the house to let the two have some 'alone' time. It seemed like they needed it. Before entering she turned to the two and wanted to give them another teasing comment but kept it to herself. She saw how happy Slade looked and it was the first time today that she actually shared it, even it was only a little.

"hey ol' man, still a big softie as always hunh?" Slade said hugging him back, it was actually quite he contrary. Rick was like a father, whom he hadn't seen in a LONG time. When the moment was over, Rick clipped him over the head "Bouly you're lucky I don't shoot your ass where you stand, haven't contacted me at all" Rick said turning and walking back to his house "still, it's nice to see you. Come on, let's go inside"
"yea, give me 2 mins" Slade replied walking off to a pile of junk. He dug his hand deep into the metal pile he felt an old metal box, relieved as he pulled it out, he opened it up and smiled "I shouldn't have left you" he said under his breath, slipping the leather band onto his wrist.

As he got inside he stared at the old pictures hung up on the wall. They were mostly of Slade and Nina but there were two more of a blonde lady "hey, Rick?" Slade asked looking around
"yea?" Rick asked placing the rifle on the display rack
"you got my babies?" referring to his guns, silver and ivy
He grunted at the 'softy' remark. "I was never a softy, boy. And ofcourse I still have them. I guarded them with my life. How about you look in the back, I have a few new gadgets, some quit rare too." He walked in and saw Nina sitting at the table with a beer in her hand, her feet on the table. "Will you get your feet of my table." His voice was sharp as he wiped the table clean. "I'm sorry." She laughed because he never had any issues with stuff like that but ever since his girlfriend, he had been a neatfreak or as much as you can be as a hunter.

Nina sat up straight and went through Ricks journal. "Wow, pretty heavy stuff you've been hunting lately." She admired his notes happily and took some of her own. "I mean, a cult of vampire? Thats impressive." She said and took another sip from her beer. "What happend to the newly turned?"

"Well" Rick replied as he placed a box on his desk, dusty and dirty like it'd been unearthed very recently "they got away, i hurt myself pretty bad that job" he propped open the box and spun it to face Slade. Slade was mixed, he didn't know if he was happy or upset... once you become a hunter... There's no leaving...
"Hey girls" Slade said under his breath, picking up his dusty hand guns, he sighed, he had much cleaning to do "Least you could do was clean 'em Rick"
"Count your blessing boy, i just dug those pieces up yesterday... don't ask why" He countered Slade's remark, waving his hand in annoyance, Slade smiled
"I'm kidding ol' man, thanks" Slade smiled, patting Ricks shoulder.

"anyway" Rick continued "They're still at large and i haven't recovered, in fact, they took something that belongs to me"
Nina looked up and set her beer down. "What did they take? You want me to go get it?" She had already taken her coat, ready to jump on her bike. "I can be back by tomorrow." But then she looked at Slade. "Euhm, I mean, we can be back by tomorrow?" She smiled awkwardly because she forgot that she teamed up with Slade.

"yeah" Slade smiled devilishly, raising a brow "WE will find it, and take em out in the process" He finished cleaning his guns and holstered them "Rick, give me those gadgets when we return" Rick nodded, putting the old box back.
"I'll send you the location" Slade, nodded at rick as he followed Nina out.

"This'll be just like the old days, you and me again" Slade said getting into his car, he rolled his window down "Let's go Robin"
Johanna Annet (played by Victoriantruth)

Oepsie.. Forgot to switch accounts..
She nodded and headed outside with slade. But then she turned to Slade with her hand on her chest and a suprised, playfully annoyed look on her face. "Excuse me? You must be talking to yourself in the mirror because I know that you can't think I'm your sidekick.." She shook her head in disbelieve and walked towards her bike with a smile on her face.

"Hold on, I'm driving with you. It's a long drive and I'm not sitting on my bike, freezing my butt off. This way, I can take over if you get tired." Her way of talking was pretty dominant and she realised that she wasn't being very partnery towards him. "I mean, if tats okay with you." She asked in a friendlier and less commanding way. After working alone for so long, it would take time to think in we's instead of I's. She was gonna take her stuff that was located in her bikes seat and put it in Slades trunk but before she did, she waited for his answer.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Business as Usual (1x1 Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus