Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Wasteland's Art & Writing Contest: $500 in prizes

Brandon

WASTELAND
ART & WRITING CONTESTS

$500 IN PRIZES - MAY INCREASE

Good day everyone! My name's Brandon and I'm holding creative competitions on behalf of the Furcadia roleplay community, Wasteland. There are two competitions, one for art and another for writing. Both contests have equal amounts of prize money invested in them. First place art will win the same amount as first place in writing.

Our prizes were graciously donated by Victoria "Beaker"
The Judges for these entries are:
Wulfghast, Blitzkit, Beaker, and Myself.

PRIZES

1st Place
$145

2nd Place
$70

3rd Place
$35

RULES

Quote:
1.) You must be 18 years or older to enter. Content of these creative works may include and depict sensitive material such as violence, foul language, and mild nudity. Works of this nature will be marked NSFW in the entries list.

2.) All work entered must be your own.

3.) You may enter both categories, but you may not submit more than one entry in either category.

4.) All prizes will be distributed through PayPal, all prizes are in USD.

5.) We are only accepting 15 entries per category. All entries are due by January 10th, and will be judged during the following week. Winners will be announced on the 17th and prizes distributed as soon as we have the PayPal information of the winners. (Judging may take longer depending on volume of entries)

6.) Collaborations are allowed, but may number no more than two individuals. The prize will be divided evenly between the two once PayPal information is provided.

7.) This contest is open to everyone except the judges. You do not have to be a member of Wasteland to enter.

8.) All creative material produced belongs to the artists an writers. However we may ask to include some very lore-inclusive entries in the group gallery or as "Lost Journal Pages" players can bump into on the map. This is at the creator's discretion.

CRITERIA & JUDGING

Judges will be filling out score cards with the following categories, and will score the piece out of ten points in each category, making comments regarding why they felt the piece deserved that score. Entrants may request their cards after the contest if they wish to use them for self improvement.
Quote:
1.) Effort
Is the piece on par with or better than the artist/writer's usual work? Does the piece possess interesting details and use appropriate colors and perspectives? Did the artist/writer appear to challenge themselves compared to other pieces?

2.) Quality
Is the piece sloppy or does it appear rushed? Did the artist use an appropriate color palette to elicit a particular feel? Did the artist arrange the piece neatly and pleasantly so that it is easy on the eyes? Did the artist take things like anatomy and perspective into account?

3.) Relevance
Does the piece reflect the environment, content, and theme of Wasteland? Does the piece suit the contest theme? If the piece is written, does the language and rhythm used suit the theme?

4.) Creativity
Does the piece use the theme creatively? Is it especially similar to other entries?

5.) Size/Length
If the piece is a work of art is the canvas size appropriate or too small/large? If it's written, is the length so long that it's meandering and difficult to read, or so short that nothing develops?

I am so thrilled to be part of such a positive and creative community, I hope you all enjoy the contest and I look forward to seeing the entries that you guys submit!
Basalt

I'm very excited to see what participants have in store, and I'm overjoyed to be a part of this project :) Good luck, everyone!
Hmmm this sounds fun :)
I would love to get in on this as soon as I'm home!
What a cool contest. Good luck to all the participants! <3
Aw, good luck to all those who apply. :)
Roughly a day to go. Due "by" the 10th, does that mean any time on the 10th or by 11:59 PM on the 9th?

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Wasteland's Art & Writing Contest: $500 in prizes

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus