Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Scavenger Chronicles (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Nyx (played by Bookworm) Topic Starter

You can have metal armor. :-) Its like a shield.
Nah, it's fine. Armor would just get in the way. I'm good. :)
We don't have to follow the gameplay to a T in the rp. I don't see why he can't use a shield. I'm pretty sure a class of super mutants use shields.

True. :)
So I don't see why he couldn't use a shield. Maybe to make it more salvagey and fitting in the fall out universe it could be a rusty car door? I think that would be interesting

It would! He can use one. :-D
So when's the rp gonna be made?
Just a question, because I honestly too lazy to read up on the lore, but would there have been riots at the beginning of the series, causing riot shields to be used? If so, I could have either stolen one from the cops or found an abandoned one laying around, depending on time frames of course.
Clint (played by Olybrius)

Buddy, in NV you are far far into the future than when the bombs dropped.
So what you're saying is that if I do get one, I found it on the ground? If so, I'm ok with using a battered shield...
Yeah, heck the games take place centuries after the bombs are dropped.

Almost all, if not all glass was shattered leaving an riot shield useless unless metal is where glass used to be or something like that.
Aren't riot shields made to not shatter? Or am I misinformed?

Alright lemme try again.. Nuke blast vs Riot shield glass. I think we got a winner.. Plus riot shield glass can break under extreme force of say.. One pound of C4 ten to fifteen feet infront of it. So I think a nuke would destroy the glass maybe even the whole shield itself. But it varies on the components of the shield and the glass
Just because something is made not to shatter doesn't mean that a bomb going off wouldn't shatter it, particularly a nuclear bomb.
True, but it would also depend on how far from the blast the shield is, and also what would be between it and the blast. I'm thinking that it would have been pretty protected from the blast itself since I would be the first to find it, it being hidden for so long (in rubble? buried in dirt?). So yeah...
I guess that could work, though I don't see why it needs to be a riot shield XD

Here's what could work.

2803386-1327039645.jpg

Iron_Star_-_Gaurdian.jpg
Because riot shields are awesome! XD
Wei Liu (played by sinspired)

Hello all! I know I saw some familiar faces here, so hullo to you familiar folks! I'd like to hop in on this too, so, here goes:

Name: Wei Liu, age 19
S 6
P 6
E 5
C 5
I 7
A 8
L 3
I don't have the exact names of the skills and traits but:
Strengths: Rifles, melee, speed, radiation tolerance
Weaknesses: Speech, chem addiction, cooking/creating, explosives

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Scavenger Chronicles (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus