Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Adult characters!

Of -course- you'd post this thread Meedle...
Meedleboot Topic Starter

I just recently started aging my character in real time xD

@Dintin: Fffff. At least I posted something!
Kim wrote:
Wizard wrote:
I avoid inappropriate characters

"Inappropriate" is in the eye of the beholder! ;)

This made me crack up XD its soooo true!
Real-time aging is pretty cool, methinks... I myself only remember the date of birth of one of my characters (date I created him), so I'd have to come up with relative anniversaries for my other characters matching when I created them if I were to make them age... o3o

Some other characters need to remain a certain age, though, otherwise it might destroy their purpose as a character.
I almost never age a character in real-time. They all tend to have an age range that they fall into, and I make them whatever age they need to be. Symphony is always younger than 12, and she will never get older than that. She's been 3, 5, 6, 10 twice, 11, and a baby once, but never older than 12 and not in that order.

The only exception is Vasu, and that's because teasing Faultless about turning 30 and him sniping back that since his boyfriend's 19 he's obviously still got it is fun. ^^
When i started, all my characters where like, 12-18 but now that I am experienced, I find RPing older characters easier, because then you can use intelligent sentences rather then thinking 'would a 14 year old think of this?'
never played as a char younger then 20. Adult characters are fun to play as long as you don't use japans view on it lol. They like preteens over there..eww.
just reviving old threadz luls

I have a tendency to play characters around my own age (19), but I believe my oldest is some centuries (he looks 25 with a huge background xD love him<3). I think the youngest I play right now is an NPC child, hes the son of my female werewolf. I do play many ferals (horses, wolves and lions) and I believe my oldest is a horse character who is 10. All of my chars tend to be mature minded, but I do have a few who are children (they're ferals, aside from my werewolf baby)
Meedleboot Topic Starter

Yuka

I think my youngest character is 27 and my oldest is about 304. My oldest-looking character is Roman, in his mid to late thirties. Although technically Romain has about a century on top of that, but his age is more difficult to calculate as his species are ageless host-takers that assume the age of those they possess; so far I've not had him take a host of anyone younger than 30, because the life experience (more so, knowledge) and or warfare experience depending on what quality is more prized is what he goes for. I'm not really good at RPing young characters, and it makes me facepalm when you've got 100+ year old vampires that act like they're in the throes of puberty.
Meedleboot Topic Starter

Meedleboot wrote:
haha, who here has 'em? I love them *3*

I mostly RP Fantasy-modern stuff, and I use my own made up race~ Honestly, It makes it rather hard to find RP buddies most of the time, but I love it too much to change.

Fantasy modern RPer, majority of my characters are adults. I agree it's hard to find RP on a modern fantasy character.
Meedleboot Topic Starter

My characters are between 19 and 178.

But that last one's a dragon, so she doesn't count.

At any rate, I love older characters. My oldest one, physically, is Albus Pestis, who is Pestilence in human form and thus is technically ancient, but in body he's in his 80s and suffers from it just like any other human.

All while giving you itchy rashes for crotchety old man lulz.

But moving on, I love playing adults. Kids are cute and fun too, but I seem to like playing them better in families. Adults just have more freedom to roam about as they (or I) please. I like that freedom. And then of course they have their own adult problems to deal with in their lives that children don't normally have to go through, and that's fantastic to play as well!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Adult characters!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus