Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Scavenger Chronicles

Clint (played by Olybrius)

The wind whistled through the Mojave, a powerful radiation storm brewing. The lights of New Vegas were as bright as ever, every now and then you could make out lasers and tracers..but the Mojave had much worse to offer from the New California Republic to Caesar's Legion. The world had been destroyed by the great war and now mankind is slowly rebuilding the Earth piece by piece, sadly there is no peace now. War...war never changes..

Clint was walking through the Mojave with two other Rangers looking for Legion patrols to end, they were now taking potshots at Legionaries thinking they could get past the billboard they were on but suddenly there was a loud click and a whistle. They had fired a rocket at the post holding up the billboard, it soon fell to the grand letting Clint and the two others grip for their lives..it hit the ground very hard but Clint hit his head when he lost his grip. He began regaining his vision and looked up from the ground to see one Ranger impaled by a metal bar sticking right through him, he was choking while blood filled his lungs. Clint slowly began to get up when he saw the other Ranger firing his service rifle at the Legionary but the Centurion charged him and hit him in the chest causing him to fall on the ground after being thrown into a large rock. Clint stood up and fired his Ranger Sequoia at the Centurion hitting him many times killing him leaving only one last Legionary, he picked up the service rifle of his fallen comrade and fired until it ran out of ammo in the magazine..the bullets hit the Legionary causing him to 'dance' before falling to the ground lifeless. Then Clint woke up in Camp Golf's infirmary, he realized it wasn't a dream..it was a nightmare that happened.
Takkani (played by 0V3RL0RD-P4RR0T)

Not too long ago a man arrived at the camp. He wore what seemed to be a mishmash of multiple armors. His chest plate seemed to be that of an NCR Patrol armor. Over it he wore a black leather Jacket, and had a shoulder plate from the patrol armor on his left shoulder. On his right shoulder was a shoulder plate from some reinforced metal armor. His right fore arm had a metal plate taken from raider armor. His pants were a pair of worn blue jeans. He wore the face mask of an NCR ranger, but the rest of the helmet was removed, instead wearing a simple pre-war hat, seemingly a type of fedora. Behind him rolled a securitron, though it was modified. First off, instead of the usual cartoon cop-face that the screen displayed, it instead had that of a young boy, most likely in his late teens, wearing a golf club hat. He had an exited look on his face.

"Okay, so where exactly are we?"The man asked, flipping through the pipboy strapped to his arm. "I think it's Camp Golf, Mr. Nala."The securitron replied in a happy tone. "Uh-huh."the man replied. "Considering that no one's tried to chop me up yet I assume this is NCR territory. Hadn't pissed them off I don't think."The man muttered.
Wei Liu (played by sinspired)

Wei had seen this camp too many times over to really be startled by it all. There were familiar people here, familiar hands and familiar caps, with the same delinquent soldiers here making a few extra caps off of the things they found on Fiends. Dirty dress bouncing against her knees, she flounced almost happily into the tent, neverminding the odd Securitron and company. There were stranger travellers out there, she supposed. A few soldiers lay unconscious or otherwise seemingly dead around the infirmary, but she paid them no heed.

Instead, she moved to one of the young doctors where he sat, sitting beside him. Without question or word, he dug a small, wrapped package out of his own bag, which she quickly transferred to hers. She handed him a small package, jingling and full, with bottle caps, watching him for just a moment. He was older than her, thicker than her, but she could tell he wasn't fond of what he was doing. His eyes were transfixed to one soldier.

Rolling up to her feet, with a sigh, Wei stepped over to Clint, looking down at him in a peculiar way, respirator blocking her vision. She tucked back a piece of wily hair that chose to fall forward.

"So, what happened to you?" She ground out.

The doctor behind her yelped. "Jesus, Wei, you can't just ask the man that! Sorry, Ranger, ignore her."
Clint (played by Olybrius) Topic Starter

Clint coughed as he leaned up and looked at the stranger, he felt on the table for his helmet which was gone to the shop due to the fall breaking one of the lenses. He stood up and towered the young woman his face was emotionless, "Who are you?" his voice was cold and dry. Clint looked at the Doctor and said "Doc, where's the stimpaks or better yet some purified water." Clint's finally noticed he was in his fatigues.

Clint awaited an answer from the woman as the Doctor came back with two stimpaks and purified water, Clint injected a stimpak then took a sip of purified water. Clint began placing on the armor starting with the scratched and dented chestplate, then when he was finished with all the armor Clint took his torn trench coat that hanging on the hook beside his bed. He took a long gulp of water almost downing the whole bottle of water, he then looked at the Doctor and said "Where..is my weapons."
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

Nyx wraps up a unconscious soilder near them, helping the medic for a few caps. She wasn't surprised when they said they could only give her NCR money, but she could take what she could get. She didn't use stems or chems, but old tribal remedies. She alwayed argued that it was more effective, but only because it was one of the only things she learned in the Legion, who of course, thought anything new was wrong.

She looked back to see the Ranger getting up, she smiled slightly, glad he was up and running again. She then turned to the woman, she amused Nyx. "Miss, would you like something to drink?"
Wei Liu (played by sinspired)

The words in her throat seemed to overshoot her sensibility. Carlos, the sad remembrance of whom set a sad pang of homesickness to her heart, would have hit her for the way she spoke, the curt confusion that suddenly came forth.

"Hey," Wei barked, looking fearlessly up at the ranger, "hey, hey! I asked a question first. You're 'bout the only one I've seen here who's awake, and I come here a lot. You must be pretty hardy."

Then, as her irritation waned slightly, she caught wind of the other girl's voice. It was rare, to see a woman working for the NCR. She'd thought about it herself many times, wished she had some amount of experience in anything useful other than sniping and sneaking around -- but she knew if she even tried, her radiation levels alone would get her scooped up and sent off to the nearest infirmaries. She much preferred the company of ghouls and those who needed safe passage across the desert.

"Oh, uh...I didn't plan on staying long..." she breathed, voice quiet behind her respirator's buzzing feedback. Still, her eyes were wide, as if she'd only just noticed Nyx.

"Alright Caddy, let's check the infirmary. We're runn'n low on Stimpacks and Rad-away."the man said. "Of course Mr. Nala, would you liek me to hold your flamer?"The Securitron, apparently named Caddy, asked. "Sure."The man replied. The Securitron grabbed the Flamer and pulled it and its fuel tanks off the man's back as they headed to the infirmary.

"Huh, busy today aren't ya?"The man asked walking into the infirmary. He walked pasy Clint, Wei, and Nyx over tothe doctor. "You're the guy that sells medicine and stuff right?"The man asked.
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

Nyx smiles at the woman kindly, offering her a bottle. "Still, free water, right? Water is had to come across until you reach New Vegas, so take it. I insist!"

She then turns to the new stranger, giving him a welcoming smile. "He sells chems, if that is what you mean. I, on the other hand sell anivenom and other, non chemical, medicine."

"Do Stimpacks and Rad-away count as Chems?"The man asked. "I think they do. Not sure though."Caddy replied, rolling into the tent on his one wheel.
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

Her eyes go wide, grinning at the robot. "Amazing! How did you program him to look so different from the others? He even has his own, custom voice!"

Clint looked at her as he flickered his low-light vision to check if it still worked, then said "Well I suppose I could try some of your natural healer methods if you would allow me." he then grabbed the Anti-Materiel Rifle and slung it on his back.
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

She turns to him, turning his head side to side for damage. "Well, I could give you some homemade coffee and spiced Brahman steak, to help you stay awake. Would you like some?"

"That'd be great if you could, and I got a few caps to pay you for your work." Clint looked at a Ranger beside his bed and took one moment to notice it was his closest friend Eugene. Eugene coughed and yelped in pain as his wounds hurt to even flinch. Clint walked closer to him and said "Hey..how you feeling Runner?" Eugene looked at him and chuckled "Amazing, I'm doing amazing..how about you?"

"I'd like to keep that little programing trick secret."The man said. "So do either of you two sell Stimpacks or Rad away?"The man asked again.
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

She smiled at them, walking to her table and gets him a coffee, a bottle of water for his friend, and a steak. She walks back, putting his food and drink down near him then goes to his friend, offering him some pure cold water.

Eugene reached for the water, and took it from her gulping it down. He drunk the whole bottle within a few seconds but leaned over to a bucket and threw up. "Thank you, and your name?" he took a bite of the steak
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

"Nyx, sir. Nice to meet a Ranger." She turned to the man, giving him a apologetic look. "I am sorry, sir. But the doctor is only giving chems to injured soilders. But you could do some work around here, like me. Then I bet he cab give you some supplies for payment."

The man sighed shaking his head. "Fine. What is there to do?"he asked, half tempted to simply ask Caddy for his flamer and take the supplies he needed at gun point.

Clint looked around and saw new soldiers being carried in, one coughing up blood. Clint shook his head and looked down, war was war, and war meant people dying for nothing but political gain. Clint looked at one soldier as he died while the Doc's assistant forced down some buffout through throat. He had hoped that would save him but it only gave him a less painful death. Clint then looked to see a man in a 1st Recon beret walking around outside of the tent
Nyx (played by Bookworm)

She notice a glint in his eyes, giving him a scary, cool grin. "Don't you think of it, your in a camp full of NCR. Plus, your talking to a trained ex legionary, sir." She chuckles, turning away from him. "Go dig some graves or something. Better yet, help us help the injured."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Scavenger Chronicles

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus