Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » The Accent Thread

Dylan wrote:
This how we all sound like in Canada.

As the weekend is almost here I'll have to look at recording something! Some of my internet friends claim I do ever so slightly say 'aboot.' But it's nothing compared to those crazy Maritimers on the east coast. <g>

and Dylan Bob and Doug are awesome :D lol
Minerva

I'll probably end up making a video. My new(ish, from a friend) laptop has a webcam. I hail from the north of the USA, wisconsin--to the point that, in texas, I have people asking where I come from at least once a week. North x texas influence for the last five years, I'll record something for you all, with appropriate Minerva influence. Flash card x youtube or my server = yeah.
Sanne Moderator

Here goes my random ramblings! DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any deaths occurring through boredom from listening to this. D:
Sanne Moderator

Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

No boredom related death on my part, Sanne and I have listened to all the recordings I've seen you post in the chat thread :)

Minerva, looking forward to it :)
Heehee, Lorvilran, you were so nervous. x3 It's okay! It was good :)

Wheeee Sanne! :D Yay :D
CelestinaGrey wrote:

I was the kid people loved to make fun of in high school.
Sanne Moderator

Lorvilran wrote:
CelestinaGrey wrote:

So was I, but if there's one thing I learned it's that those kids were the insecure ones. ;) Loved your recording regardless of whether you're shy or not! :D <3
Meh, I'm much better talking to people through type. :P
Lorvilran wrote:

Pffff high school is a doof. That doesn't dictate who you are at all. :3 You do ^-^
Darth_Angelus Topic Starter Moderator

Bill Gates once said bullies in school should be careful, because they'll end up working for the people they picked on.
not the case here.
darth_angelus wrote:
Bill Gates once said bullies in school should be careful, because they'll end up working for the people they picked on.

Not everyone ends up with a success career like BG though
Sanne Moderator

Anyone else got a fun soundfile to share? :3 *is in a happy and positive mood today*
Sanne wrote:
Anyone else got a fun soundfile to share? :3 *is in a happy and positive mood today*

I might record something fun for you guys later :)
Minerva

Trying to upload on tinypic but it doesn't wanna work and the video will kill the small allotment of bandwidth I have where I host myself. Daaarth, I might need'ya. It's a video because I also wanted to show something in it. <3 It also holds my late birthday wish to Loki.
Minerva

http://youtu.be/gae2gKdfe0k Here we go.

Root beer. Chicago. People say those words give me away anywhere.
Whoo so I have a sound file. My mutt canadaian accent :D just gotta figure out where to put it
darth_angelus wrote:
If anyone needs somewhere to upload recordings, send me a PM. I'll give you my email address and you can send it to me and I'll upload it to my webspace for you

might have to getcha to do this for me darth ^-^ yes it's a bit late, buuut I said I would and I did.
Whoo, Darth put it up for me :D so here's a link to my own accent

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » The Accent Thread

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus