Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Social Media for Characters

This, admittedly, isn't something I'd expect to take advantage of myself... Just mentioning it based on things I've seen around the net, how people use their characters and whatnot...

For those who have their characters existing on some form of social media (I know Facebook is against it, not sure about Twitter or others), what if we had profile widgets that connected them? Like, say, a widget to display a Twitter feed on a profile? Or adding functionality that allows journals to cross-post with blogs?

Just thinking about it seems messy though... x.x
Kim Site Admin

I sort of suspect this would be useful for certain groups as well.
Twitter's fine with it, incidentally - as long as you have a different and (usually) legitimate email for each account. Most of my moderns started accounts a few years ago, and there's several circles of RPers, canon and non, that come and go around there as well.

So, yes, Twitter's definitely on board as far as RP is concerned!
Facebook is against you making profiles for characters, but you can make pages for them - and while this does mean they aren't friend profiles they can do most of the same things. Off the top of my head one of the only things they can't do is comment/message regular people profiles, but you can comment on/message other pages.
Kim Site Admin

So far the one thing missing from this thread is anyone saying that they would use it!
I might use it...maybe. It sounds like an interesting idea.
Yuka

I'd use Twitter, but, I'd use it for all characters. Like having one account for professional networking, and one for just about everything else.
This'd be awesome! For the group I run, one of my character's bands, I have a topic on the forums for fabricated twitter posts. This would make that so much more convenient!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Social Media for Characters

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus