Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hello friends!

Hi, my name is Duncan and this is my first time on the site, but it's not the first time I'm doing script style RP. I came from roleplaying on Minecraft servers (which I'm still into), but I wanted to mix it up a bit and see if I can fill more of my spare time with this site! I'd really love to learn about other player's characters, as I really love to design them! I'm looking forward to roleplaying with you all, and if not, I'll be looking forward to just chatting, too!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! What do you mean by script style RP? :) A lot of the RP here is more prose style, but I bet there's some script style out there too!

I absolutely adore Minecraft, though I've never tried to RP through it!
Sanne Moderator

Hello and welcome to the RPR! Do you mean script style as in...?

Sanne: *waves and smiles* Hello!

That's my best guess since that's the kind of stuff you'd RP on Minecraft, right? :D Please correct me if I'm wrong! I play the game myself though it's infrequently and I forget half the commands and recipes...

I'm really enjoying what you got going with your character profiles, especially Kutya's. Any particular genres you favor? I'm pretty flexible so you'll find a mish-mash of tons of stuff among my profiles, if you'd like to take a peek. :)
Hello welcome to our office lol I didn't know you can rp on minecraft. Pretty cool.
Hello, come into and be welcome to our humble abode. If you need any help or want to RP, just pop me a message. I am pretty much available most of the time. Might as well browse my characters to, see if there is any one of them you like:)
wendigoteeth Topic Starter

Thank you for all the warm welcomes ;o;

I guess by script style RP is typing a short paragraph and putting character speech into quotations and all that jazz (which.. would that be prose?) , as opposed to the style I'm used to which is more (says a line) (performs an action) (says a line) like this. Tbh I'm up for whatever style of RP happens to come my way, though.

I'm not sure as for genres, I suppose I'd say I'm leaning towards fantasy.

(I also love to draw characters so I hope nobody minds if they get a surprise drawing...)
Kim Site Admin

Ah, I see now!

You can definitely find both styles here. :)

And golly, who minds surprise drawings? XD
Welcome to RPR! I am a Minecraft building junkie lol. It's nice to have more MC people here :D Do you have any favorite servers you are on? I've actually never tried RPing on a MC server, I think it would be a bit limiting for me. I tend to type a lot lol.
wendigoteeth Topic Starter

Likewise! I suppose it's limiting sometimes, but I like to think the limit makes it easier. The tumblrs of the MC servers I tend to go on to roleplay are listed on my profile. Sadly, none of them have open spots at the moment.
Welcome to RPR! We've got a lot of people that play minecraft here, but I haven't heard of anyone using it to RP! I think we even have a couple of mindcraft guilds in the groups :) Hope you enjoy the site so far!
Welcome to RPR!

Hehe, creating and reading about characters can be as fun as actually playing sometimes. Have you ever gotten into worldbuilding too? It can get addictive, often to the point that you never get around to actually using that world! ^^;

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hello friends!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus