Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » I'm new here!

I'm mostly using RPR, for now, as a storage place for characters for other things like furcadia, but I might branch out into RP here later on. Before, I kept character profiles short and sharp, to keep things mysterious, but now I realised how will youinterest people if that's all you put on! so now I'm trying to make characters more detailed, more complex, and more interesting from the get-go, so people know what they're getting into with me.
Hello, welcome to the site. It is good to see new people. Feel free to message me if you want to rp, need help, or want advice. Now what kind of RP would you want to be in Goofle?
goofle Topic Starter

To be honest, many things appeal to me, from the mundane of everyday life to high octane magical combat. I tend not to like excessively technological societies, usually anything more futuristic than modern times can be a bit too much but it all depends on execution. I have a big thing for furries too, so if those are welcomed in an RP its a plus.
BloodyLlama

Welcome to the site, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it just as much as I have this past day
Kim Site Admin

Hiya! Using the site as a storage space is totally legit. :)

Personally, I like short, sharp profiles -- but there's something to be said for adding more "RP bait". ;)

My own personal quest is to try not to reveal anything on the profile that other characters couldn't know ICly before our characters had said their first words to each other. In my mind, this prevents them from being robbed of the fun of discovery via RP, protects them from accusations of cheating if they legitimately guess something about my chars on their own (but are then accused of having read it on the profile), and prevents any accidental confusions about what they know IC and what they know OOC.

You might think that limits me to only physical descriptions, but actually, depending on the setting, there's lots of ways a person could know something about you before meeting you! For example, I like to include rumors and reputations, both true and untrue, that may have been circulated around the city. It gives immediate fodder for playing without getting anyone into trouble!

What sort of things are you starting to include on your profiles? :)
Well hello mate :) welcome to the site RPR! I hope you injiy it here I have to. Evyeone is really nice so make your slef at home.
Hello mate hope you enjoy your time here at rpr
Heylo there, welcome to RPR! I hope you find everything to your liking, a bit of warning though... making characters can become an addiction.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! Don't worry, furries are found aplenty here. :D Looking forward to seeing your profiles sprout up! ;)
Welcome to RPR! We've got loads of users from Furc so I'm sure you'll fit right in :)
Hey welcome!!!
goofle Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Hiya! Using the site as a storage space is totally legit. :)

-snip-

What sort of things are you starting to include on your profiles? :)

I used to do a similar thing to what you are doing, and may return to that if the environment seems to fit it, but occasionally, the background of a character leads to that simply not being a possibility - Pashmina Descoteax, my current character, happens to be a recent immigrant in the world she is placed in, so little hints are less effective, so a deeper history is a bit more important. I'm certainly still keeping secrets though!
SarietheFae

Welcome! I always look for a a profile give me a good idea of how to approach the rper what they like and dislike and what character of mine to propose.
Kim Site Admin

goofle wrote:
I used to do a similar thing to what you are doing, and may return to that if the environment seems to fit it, but occasionally, the background of a character leads to that simply not being a possibility - Pashmina Descoteax, my current character, happens to be a recent immigrant in the world she is placed in, so little hints are less effective, so a deeper history is a bit more important. I'm certainly still keeping secrets though!

Makes total sense to me! :)
Well, this site was originally created as a character storage, and with Furcadia being one of the main things in mind... so that's fine! A lot of folks seem to continue to use it like that, or mostly so. Then others, like me, just play here. ^^;

But welcome!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you'll eventually decide to RP here as well as keep your characters here because there are so many great RPers here looking for exciting story lines to share with others. I know I was very excited about how much detail you can put into the profiles here (or chose to put less!) So much so I may say I have a character addiction. It is easy to do that :)

You are on: Forums » Introductions » I'm new here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus