Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Hello people of RP Repository! I am "RecklessMoronNetwork" or Mun, whatever. I haven't really roleplayed in quite a while, I'm honestly a nervous person so it'd be hard for me to actually Forum Roleplay, but I will try anyways! ^^; My characters are less on the serious side (Rukkie being queen of non-seriousness in that case) as I like to do that kind of stuff, but whatever. Hopefully I'll actually be able to do stuff here.
Hello there, and welcome to RPR! Do make yourself at home.
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! Your username made me giggle a little. XD Don't worry, we're very understanding of people's struggles to get engaged with activities around here, and we'll be more than happy to help you along! What about forum roleplay is it that makes you nervous?

Most of us don't mind moving a game to PMs or into a group though, if you're more comfortable with it. :) I doubt most folks will make a fuss about it.

I know there are quite a few people who love some good humor in their RPs! I'm sure you'll have no trouble fitting right in. :D
RecklessMoronNetwork Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Welcome to RPR! Your username made me giggle a little. XD Don't worry, we're very understanding of people's struggles to get engaged with activities around here, and we'll be more than happy to help you along! What about forum roleplay is it that makes you nervous?

Most of us don't mind moving a game to PMs or into a group though, if you're more comfortable with it. :) I doubt most folks will make a fuss about it.

I know there are quite a few people who love some good humor in their RPs! I'm sure you'll have no trouble fitting right in. :D

Thank you! ^^ I'll take that as a compliment, I guess? Hopefully so, I'm really rusty at this stuff so... I'm not sure, I think it's because with Chat sites (which I can't find any good/alive ones D:) everything's quick and not long lasting, if you have to afk you just say, but with Forum it's more careful and slow, I'm not sure if I should say or not if I'm going afk for long or what. I used to be a very casual roleplayer, so hopefully there's others like that here! ^^; again, thank ya! :D
welcome to rpr if you need any help just let me know and ill help to the best of my abily
Sanne Moderator

RecklessMoronNetwork wrote:
Thank you! ^^ I'll take that as a compliment, I guess? Hopefully so, I'm really rusty at this stuff so... I'm not sure, I think it's because with Chat sites (which I can't find any good/alive ones D:) everything's quick and not long lasting, if you have to afk you just say, but with Forum it's more careful and slow, I'm not sure if I should say or not if I'm going afk for long or what. I used to be a very casual roleplayer, so hopefully there's others like that here! ^^; again, thank ya! :D

It is! I enjoy a good sense of humor and things that make me laugh. :D

We have both chat and forum options for you, actually! Every topic can be turned into a chat topic if you click the "Launch Chat" button at the bottom or top of the page. You can try out our dedicated chat if you like. ;)

Basically if you ask your RP partner which option they prefer, your method differs depending on the choice. If you're posting in real-time with each other like in a chat room, it's totally okay to say you're going AFK, or are done for the day, or whatever you need to say to announce the break. If you're posting in the slower forum-style, it's usually okay to just go and do your thing and reply when you come back later. :) People really only leave a note about being gone if they'll be gone for more than a day or a few days, and it's usually preferable to do so in the RP topic itself, or through private message. Does that help?

You needn't worry about being nervous here though. We're praised (and truly are!) one of THE friendliest online communities around, and you'll find that if you're simply being honest and nice about it, nobody will yell at you or be upset even when you make mistakes.
RecklessMoronNetwork Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
RecklessMoronNetwork wrote:

It is! I enjoy a good sense of humor and things that make me laugh. :D

We have both chat and forum options for you, actually! Every topic can be turned into a chat topic if you click the "Launch Chat" button at the bottom or top of the page. You can try out our dedicated chat if you like. ;)

Basically if you ask your RP partner which option they prefer, your method differs depending on the choice. If you're posting in real-time with each other like in a chat room, it's totally okay to say you're going AFK, or are done for the day, or whatever you need to say to announce the break. If you're posting in the slower forum-style, it's usually okay to just go and do your thing and reply when you come back later. :) People really only leave a note about being gone if they'll be gone for more than a day or a few days, and it's usually preferable to do so in the RP topic itself, or through private message. Does that help?

You needn't worry about being nervous here though. We're praised (and truly are!) one of THE friendliest online communities around, and you'll find that if you're simply being honest and nice about it, nobody will yell at you or be upset even when you make mistakes.

Heheh! ^^ Wait, really? I was wondering how the "Launch Chat" button made any sort of sense. That's really helpful for me, awesome! :D Oh, That makes sense, just PM the person when you need to take a break, that'll help me in future for when I need to head off! Okay, if you're right then I'll be happy to roleplay here without too much worry, thank you so much! ^w^
Welcome to RPR! :) Everyone here is really friendly so if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask! We're always happy to help!
Welcome! And indeed, we have a wide range of skill levels and playstyle preferences. Some of out folks are rusty, some have never played before, many who don't have English as a first language... and then some are legit novelists. ^^ This isn't the sort of place where people have stuffy rankings and "elitists" though, and most folks are happy so long as you are putting effort into it (which basically just means so long as you're paying attention to the RP and not posting entirely in txt tlk).
Welcome to RPR, where we don't judge and everyone comes from all different walks of RP. You'll find lots of love and friends waiting for you, just dive right in! :3
Kim Site Admin

I think a lot of people are pretty stunned when they realize they can turn their forum RPs into real-time chats! It takes some getting used to, but we try to cater to as many styles of RP as possible. :) Welcome to the site! Looks like you are making friends and getting into the swing of things already! :D

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Greetings!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus