Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Short session medieval fantasy, open RP

((you shouldnt i have planning for school and such im of little use atm lol))
The Snail (played by Kim) Topic Starter

It took several moments for the snail to notice that there are carrots being waved at it, what with all the other delicious crunchy greens to survey. But eventually, if Darrian is patient, the snail's eye stalks turn slowly in his direction.

It looks... puzzled. Its tone becomes baffled, perhaps even worried. Why would someone simply hold something so delicious instead of stuffing it into their mouth? "Are you going to eat that?"
Darrian (played by Darth_Angelus)

Darrian gives nod to Kyle, not wanting to explain his plan in front of the snail. He waits patiently and smiles at the creature when he gets it's attention.
"I want to be your friend, it's a gift for you," he says, shaking the carrots for emphasis. He really hopes this works but even if it does, we'll need a lot of bait to get to the edge of town and that part, he hasn't quite figured out yet.

"Ooh." The worry clears from its face, and it is back to looking vaguely content. "Yes. We're friends." Its neck stretches rather impossibly far to get at the carrots -- Darrian will likely find himself having to step back further than he had originally guessed to make the snail move.
He watched them quietly for a moment before his eyes flashed with an idea. He would turn and dashed towards the wall and kicked up a cloud of dust as he leapt effortlessly over the wall. Needless to say his action caught the attention of some of the on lookers as they drew back in surprised as he dashed past them. He would scour the town in silence for awhile before finally locating a cart full of vegetables.

"How much you want for the whole cart?" he asked the vendor as he approached.

"The whole cart? What are ya? Nuts? And what's with the outfit?"

"Nevermind my wardrobe. You want to have vegtables to harvest and sell later then you'll sell me this whole cart now."

"Ok ok. 20 gold and it's yours."

"What's that in dollars?"

"What's dollars?"

"It's a form of..." Kyle then trailed off a moment before smacking himself in the forehead.

"Dang blasted time mages...Geez."

Darrian sees Kyle disappear over the wall out of the corner of his eye but keeps his focus on the snail before him, leaning back to try and encourage it to move forward, without discouraging it. He doesn't know how far the snail can reach, as he watches it's head come closer to the carrots he is holding.

(At least I warned you up front I was going to fall apart! ;) )

If Darrian steps back as the Snail approaches, it will follow the carrot-bait for several feet before something else catches its eye and it turns aside to snack on something more stationary. But it appears that this is the result of a short attention span, rather than a tactical decision, for given even the slightest reminder that Darrian is offering it friendship carrots it will resume the chase without apparently realizing that this has happened before.

(The post is worth the wait ;) )

Darrian carefully puts one foot back, catching his balance and continues moving backward slowly. He frowns the first time The Snail loses interest. Watching the snail munching on some cabbage that caught his eye, he realises it's not being difficult, it just saw easier food.

"You forgot your carrots," he says, waving them infront of him, hoping to get it's attention again and lead it out of the garden. He is also aware that it is a fair distance to the edge of town from here but this seems like the best way to deal with the harmless creature before him.
He would continue conversing with the man over the case of the cart before finally winning it from him. He would then take it and head back towards the garden where he seen the snail being led by a carrot.

"Save your feet. We got a trail. Just place and let it follow."

He would then take one of the heads of lettuce from the cart and roll it along the ground so it wound up just behind Darrian.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Short session medieval fantasy, open RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus