Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Short session medieval fantasy, open RP

Darrian (played by Darth_Angelus)

Darrian scratches his head, trying to figure out how to convince the Snail it has nothing to worry about. He turns to the others.

"It might be a good idea but I don't know how we can do it."
Armony Layne (played by kuroi_neko)

"Well, whatever you are planning to do, do it fast. He is ruining this garden..." Armony said, finally finishing cleaning her feet. She took a few steps back from the snail, not quite comfortable with being so close to it.

"The birds here do not like to eat snails..." she said. She wasn't lying, exactly. To be honest, she wasn't sure if the birds here ate snails or not. As far as she knew, they didn't.
The Snail (played by Kim) Topic Starter

"Birds eat snails," insists the Snail, firmly.

Finding a puddle of mulched lettuce on the ground where Armony wiped her shoes, it begins to lap up the mess, entirely forgetting that it had moments before "returned" this mess.

Darrian spots a sparrow perched on a nearby fence and gets an idea.

"Snail," he says, then pauses. "What should we call you? Anyway, you see over there?" He points at the bird. "Those are how small the birds are. There's no way that could eat you."

"Oh, I'm a snail," the creature responds mildly, again without any trace of impatience. It just seems to be reacting good naturedly to each question as it happens.

An eyestalk swivels to look where Darrian points, and it lets out a strangled cry of horror. "BIRD!"

Shloop! The snail vanishes almost instantly inside its shell. Its wails of fear can be heard echoing from inside.

Armony rests her hand on her face, trying not to lose patience. Not, in all her time here, had she ever expected to be in this situation. Who would have expected it, really?

"Let's just carry him, while he is in his shell," she suggested. "That really seems to be the only way this is going to work."

And then she had a thought. "Snail... how did you get here? You just -- appeared before. Where is your home?"

"That didn't work out the way I had planned. I think you're right, carrying is the best approach," He steps forward, trying to figure out where the best place to get a grip will be.

"I don't think he will make this diffic-" he is cut off by a squish. Glancing down, he sees his boot in the snail's slime trail. He sighs.
He looked between the two of them and chuckled softly.

"Isn't it amazing how complex it can be to figure out how to deal with such a simple task? I do have a simple suggestion though. Wind. It will make figuring how to pick this snail up irrelevant. Plus you won't have to worry about getting any slime on you."

He would then turn to leap back up onto the wall.

"It really is quite the sound idea. The only issue now however will be ridding the snail of it's fear of avian creatures through proof it won't be eaten by the ones here. It is true that snails are commonly eaten by birds but we need to show it proof that due to it's size it doesn't have to worry about that."

He would then rub his chin in thought.
Bounding out of the bushes with his four padded paws Abar ran up to the snail and begin sniffing it. Normally a dog would be confused and frightened of an unknown creature but he was used to seeing strange people and creatures show him kindness and love. Abar doesn't know what to make of the large snail he was used to seeing snails the size of small rocks, Not the size of himself though.

While the assembly of two-legged people discuss how to get rid of the snail, it pokes a single eye out of its shell to blink at the dog.

"Hello?" Its voice echoes out from inside its shell, sounding lost and morose.

Darrian doesn't even notice the dog has appeared, now the Snail's attempt to communicate, he is too busy discussing the problem with Kyle.

"Wind?" he asks, not quite sure what he has in mind. "It's a giant snail, I don't think it can fly. You're right though, we do need to show it that birds aren't going to be much of a threat." He ponders.

"Perhaps before it appeared here, the snail was regular snail size? It doesn't know it's grown."
He nodded a bit.

"A very good possibility. There is no telling really. All I know is there ain't too many birds big enough to deal with a snail of that size. And far as I know, they don't exist in this area. As for the wind idea. The snail may not be able to fly but I can make it. See I may look human but there's more to me than how I look. My kind are basically elementals in the form of humans. Too long of a story to explain the exact details but all you need to know is that my element is wind. And I control it to a great degree. I could make all of us fly if I wished. As well as boost your speed to a level where you would appear as a blur to normal untrained ideas. Levitating a snail won't be an issue in the least."

He then looked back to the snail finally noticing the dog.

"How good are you with animals? If we do this, I don't want the dog interfering."

Armony clenched her teeth, wondering just what they were going to do. This was becoming way too much of a hassle, just to get this simple creature out of the garden. She was half tempted to just throw it over the wall and be done with it. But, with the others here, she knew that wouldn't go over well.'

"Okay, so, we are working on a solution... but maybe we should go back to the root of the problem. That might help us a bit more, than just randomly throwing out ways to fix this. The snail is here, obviously, but how? It just showed up in a poof of disgusting smoke. If we can find out how, then maybe we can work from there."

She looked to Kyle, who was still on the wall. She was irritated by that fact he was standing on the wall like it was his own personal spot, but there were bigger problems to deal with. "Let's not use the wind theory just yet. The people in this town aren't too fond of magic, as far as I have seen. We will use that as a last resort."

In this day and age, magic users weren't exactly looked upon with kindness. Too many things had gone wrong as of late, and most of it was due to magic.

At the mention of the dog, Darrian turns to see the new arrival.

"I see," he says. "I do have a hound of my own, I call him...well nevermind what I call him." He doesn't see the dog or snail doing anything drastic and gives his attention to Armony, listening to what she says.
"So that's what the cloud of smoke I saw was," he nods, his eyes following the trail of snail slime to where it must have appeared. He can see a few patches of yellow powder, remnants of the explosion, he muses.

Since it has been at least a minute since the snail saw that bird, it slowly forgets what it was scared of and ever so slowly begins emerging from its shell. No one is addressing it, so it peaceably returns to uprooting tomato plants, slowly chewing them into pulp with a dopey smile on its face.

Just to note, in case anyway tries to blow the snail around or lift it up -- It weighs a few hundred pounds and has a pretty good suction seal on the ground. It is not actually immovable, it'd just take some muscle.

Darrian is crouched down, studying the spot where the snail appeared but magic isn't his field of expertise. Not quite sure what to make of it, his gaze settling on the snail, watching it munch on the tomato plants as he considers the people he left at his camp. They might be able to help, two come to mind almost immediately and he considers bringing them here. Except the camp is several hours away and the witch is likely to do something bad with the snail. No, that wouldn't do.

As he continues to watch the snail, an idea hits him. Glancing around, he finds some carrots, which he quickly pulls from the ground and stands. Heading over slowly, so not to alarm the snail, he offers one to the creature, remaining just out of reach.
He would watch Darrian quietly and chuckled a bit.

"Wasn't the guard there griping about this snail eating the veggies in this garden a minute ago?"

He would then shrug lightly.

"Oh well. A small price to pay if it works."

((Should I be waiting for kuroi and Warwick?))
(You started this shindig so I say it's your call.)

((Up to you Kim. If you feel you can continue, go ahead))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Short session medieval fantasy, open RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus