Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » YOOOOO I'm a newbie

Hey there peoples. I am a new person to this website. I'm looking forward to growing my writing skills here and just having fun. Buuuuut, would someone tell me where I should start?
Welcome! You may find help here. :) And if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR! Can I call you Hana or do you prefer to be called something different? :)

If you're looking to improve Nova's link is an excellent place to start! You can always post on the Looking for RP forum too. If you put in the topic title or message that you're actively looking to get better, you'll get a lot of folks who'd be happy to help you with some extra effort! :D

We have so many diverse players I'm sure you'll have no trouble having fun either. ;)
CrimsonKnight212

Hey there! As you can see, RPR is a super friendly and helpful community, never hesitate to ask for help or to RP! I'm sure you'll love it here, and welcome to the site!
Welcome! :D
Tons of people here are writers, so I'm sure you'll pick up a thing or two here and there ;)
Kim Site Admin

Welcome to the site! By "where I should start", do you mean where you should start to find a RP? :)

There's two popular avenues to go for that.

The first is the Looking For RP forum. This is where people post ads about games that they are forming, and discuss ideas for getting started and what characters everyone wants to use.

Then, there is the "Find RP" tab. This is a bit different, because it is for people who want to be RPing ASAP -- it only shows ads from people who have been online in the last few minutes, so you are more likely to get an immediate response. Here, there's less discussion, you just suggest a character and see if it gets accepted. :)

But there is also another way, which is to go to the "Browse Groups" section (under community) and do a search for terms that interest you (such as "fantasy" or "romance" or "adventure"). Groups can sometimes be a slower start, as some of them require applications and approval to join, but they also tend to be the home of more established RP settings with clear OOC rules and IC world histories.
SarietheFae

hello and welcome!
Welcome! <3
Welcome to RPR! I hope you were able to find what you were looking for with all those friendly tips :D
Welcome to RPR! I'm glad you decided to join us. As you've seen, there is much help to be found around here. I hope you're finding everything you need!
Welcome! You already took the best first step and that was saying hello! Hopefully you are already finding your way about and delving into some great Rp with new partners!
HibariHaru

HI THERE! And welcome! To start? Well, you already did by introducing yourself, so I guess the next thing to do is edit your profile and make your characters, but if you've already done that, I guess, again, that it is time for you to get out there and experience cool roleplays with awesome roleplayers. YEY! So please enjoy your stay at RPR! I know you will! <3
hi welcome to RPR hope you will enjoy it here!

You are on: Forums » Introductions » YOOOOO I'm a newbie

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus