Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » //wave New here!

Hello all! ;-; sorta new here so I'm just throwing myself out there for whatever reason.
Just some small talk really, just to see how the community is like ^^;
Hi! welcome! I hope you find all the happiness and fun your looking for here at the RP Repository
Sanne Moderator

Hi Astrid! Welcome to the site, and thanks for dropping in and saying hi! Do you have any questions about our community or the site in general? :) We'd love to help you out!
AstridRose Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
Hi Astrid! Welcome to the site, and thanks for dropping in and saying hi! Do you have any questions about our community or the site in general? :) We'd love to help you out!

Most seems pretty usual as the forums go- but I did notice that I can only upload 20 pictures to a character's page? owo
Is that a Limit, or am I doing something wrong?
Sanne Moderator

There is indeed a limit to your account! RPR isn't a profitable site, so Kim (the site admin) relies on sales of account upgrades to cover the costs of hosting everyone's profiles. Most people only have around 2-3 characters on average with less than a handful of images. Bandwith and storage space is pretty expensive, so people who want to exceed average usage by a lot can opt to buy upgrades to help cover those costs. I know Kim would love to just let everyone use RPR for free to unlimited capacity, but it's financially not realistic, hence the caps.

That said, we have an inventory system for upgrades which makes it easy for members to run contests - RPR upgrades are popular prizes! We also have multiple official raffles and contests throughout the year where these upgrades are given away for free. We still have multiple contests running (with two of them closing on May 10th 11:59pm) so you still have a chance to enter them and see if you win anything! :) (Feel free to check this post, the tombola and spread the love raffles are closed, but the other 4 are still open for now!)
AstridRose Topic Starter

Sanne wrote:
There is indeed a limit to your account! RPR isn't a profitable site, so Kim (the site admin) relies on sales of account upgrades to cover the costs of hosting everyone's profiles. Most people only have around 2-3 characters on average with less than a handful of images. Bandwith and storage space is pretty expensive, so people who want to exceed average usage by a lot can opt to buy upgrades to help cover those costs. I know Kim would love to just let everyone use RPR for free to unlimited capacity, but it's financially not realistic, hence the caps.

That said, we have an inventory system for upgrades which makes it easy for members to run contests - RPR upgrades are popular prizes! We also have multiple official raffles and contests throughout the year where these upgrades are given away for free. We still have multiple contests running (with two of them closing on May 10th 11:59pm) so you still have a chance to enter them and see if you win anything! :) (Feel free to check this post, the tombola and spread the love raffles are closed, but the other 4 are still open for now!)

That's pretty understandable c: And thank you for telling me! I have loads of Characters since I'm pretty active with roleplays and tend to draw them out at times, so art of my characters is kinda common x3
That being said, I'll have to look into those raffles! c: Or simply go out and help fund the site by buying some epicness x3
Welcome! The community here is pretty awesome, but it's understandable you'd want to check things out a bit yourself first. ^^

Could you also tell us a bit about yourself? RP preferences, awesome hobbies, favorite books/shows, etc? :)
HibariHaru

Hi there! Welcome and our community is really fun. I promise you. You'll enjoy it here. :)
CrimsonKnight212

Hey there, welcome! RPR is a super friendly community, never hesitate to send someone a PM asking to RP or just to chat! We're so glad to have you here and we hope you enjoy your time on the site!!
Welcome to RPR! I hope you've gotten a chance to settle in and snoop about :3
Welcome to RPR! Hope you've had fun on the site so far :D
Welcome to RPR! :3 It is an awesome place. If you are looking for some talk, then tell us about you! Like, what kind of music you listen to? Have you read any good books recently? What kind of shows do you watch? :3
Welcome and I second KuroSakuranbo14's questions.
AstridRose Topic Starter

Oh gosh, so many questions owo

So, where do I start-
Favorite Books/movies: I've got a lot I like, but here are the recent ones that I quite enjoy <3 I love the Percy Jackson series. I recently started the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks, really enjoying that one! As for movies, I'm mostly into horror, suspense, humor and cheesy romances.

RP Preferences: Semi-lit mostly, I quite enjoy mythology, middle-aged themes, assassins/rogue/ninja's. Some Japanese themes, old westerns and modern spy themes ^^;

Hobbies: I love drawing, though I'm terrible at animals- I am quite alright with humans. I really enjoy writing and reading books-

Recent T.V shows: So far I'm all into the superhero shows. I watch Arrow, Daredevil & Game of Thrones.
Welcome ^^
Kim Site Admin

Welcome welcome! Looks like you're settling in wonderfully so far! :D And yes, as Sanne said, 20 is the cap for images per character. But, I don't think it got said that members who upgrade to Epic status can upload 50 images. :)
Welcome to the site!
Never be afraid to ask questions! <3
silentcries

Hi! I'm new here too actually! So maybe if you want to get to know each other or just chat, message me! ^-^
FroggyGurl

Hallo, hallo! Your characters are gorgeous :w: Did you draw the artwork yourself? Anyway, welcome x 10! And just because your name is AstridRose, take this virtual rose... I suppose now you're on my flower ranks now ^_^
Red_rose.gif

You are on: Forums » Introductions » //wave New here!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus