Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » New, but... Not...?

Meiyama

I've been roleplaying for well over 7 years but only now have I decided to join RP Repository. Until recently, I've had a very strong preference for paragraph roleplay in chats which are much more fast paced than roleplay through PMs or forums. I've always roleplayed in groups with a very specific and in depth setting, rules for what is and isn't allowed, and quite a lot of OOC. Honestly, I like to socialize while I roleplay otherwise I get bored or start to feel awkward since I prefer to know and be friends with the people I roleplay with. I strongly prefer more relaxed roleplay where long detailed posts aren't forced, it's a source of entertainment for me, not a chore.

I'm pretty new to the concept of ERP but it's not something I would say no to trying... Despite my preferences, I am willing to try a lot of new things. I'm slowly putting together a new character for something fantasy and medieval themed but I'm not against adapting to a different setting if it interests me. Over all I want something long term, I'm open to furries and nonfurries alike (I personally am not a furry) and all different time periods. Survival roleplays interest me, I haven't had the chance to try one long term.

I'm not a very private person OOCly so feel free to pry a bit.
CrimsonKnight212

Hey there, and welcome to the site! RPR is a super friendly community, I'm sure you'll have no problem finding what you're looking for! Never hesitate to send someone a PM asking to roleplay or just to chat :) Also, there's a new feature in the PMs where you can open a PM conversation in a chat window :)
Sanne Moderator

Welcome to RPR Meiyama! Crimson is right, PMs can be converted into chatboxes right now, but so can any forum topic - both public and in groups! Just click the big red "Launch Chat" button at the top or bottom of every forum topic. :) Hopefully that should help with your transition to forum RP!

As for everything else, you sound very diverse in your likes and like a relaxed roleplayer - we have a lot of like-minded folks looking to start up a game, so feel free to browse our groups (they usually have more strict settings) or our Looking for RP forums. Our RP Finder shows active concepts from users who were on the site in the last 10 minutes, useful to find people in your timezone for when you want to RP asap. :)

Do you have any questions for us at all?
Welcome!
Glad to see you joining!
You seem like a very interesting RPer, so you should have friends here in no time!
This community is quite friendly, so you should always feel free to ask anybody to RP, or help you with anything.
Also, if a member can't help you with something, this site has a team of marvelous moderators who'd be happy to assist you!
Overflowing with welcomes!!! :) Glad to have you here. I did mostly chat roleplaying for the longest time, and honestly still prefer it myself. Take a look around, and you'll settle in in no time.
HibariHaru

Hi there! It's so nice that you have finally decided to join RPR. Welcome and enjoy your stay! <3
Kim Site Admin

You sound like my kind of RPer from this intro post. Many welcomes! :D
RandomNoodle

Welcome to the best Roleplaying Haven ever conceived in our time! Enjoy your time here!
Welcome to RPR! Judging from that introduction post you're going to fit in here just fine. Don't be afraid to jump right in, or even PM someone if you see a character that interests you! :D
Welcome to RPR, and thank you for the solid info on yourself to start from! You should be able to find a sort of RP here that suits you. Our many players have various styles, and some of them change style to better match whoever they play with. Some folks have more demanding settings and rules, others are pretty free-flowing, and we've got everything between. :)

One place you could try looking if you'd like to narrow things down is among the groups. Or just announce what you're feeling up for (using one or more of the methods Sanne mentioned) and see who comes!
Hey Meiyama, Welcome to RPR, the home of RPers every where, feel free to message me if you need help or want to rp.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » New, but... Not...?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus