Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Jetticus here, and not sure where here is...

Jetticus

I am new to RPing and I am doing it because it seems like something that could really drive some creativity into my life. I have played plenty of tablet-top RPGs, but I have never done anything like this. I would like to know what I should do, any pointers would be nice. Thank you all!
Kim Site Admin

Hello there! You've come to the right place if you'd like a gentle introduction to text-based RP.

There are all kinds of text based RP. Some of it is very structured, with stats and dice rolling like you'd see in most tabletop games (You can roll dice on our forums!), and some of it is very "freeform", doesn't use stats or dice at all and relies purely on the creativity and mutual trust of the players to create a collaborative story that is fair and fun for everyone involved. :)

Probably the best thing to do is head on over to the RP discussion part of our forums, and see if you can find a post about a RP you'd like to join. If not, you can always make your own topic with the sort of genre you're interested in exploring and asking other people if they have ideas for a RP or characters that would fit well.

If you get stuck, go ahead and ask for help! We won't bite. :) Welcome to the RPR!

(P.S. What is a B.A.M.F?)

rolled 1d20 and got 11

Jetticus Topic Starter

A B.A.M.F. is a Bad A$$ Mother F****r. I will take a look at the forums.
Welcome Jetticus. I still maintain all use of the word BAMF should refer to Nightcrawler. :P
Jetticus Topic Starter

I completely agree though Mr. Samuel L. Jackson is at least deserving an honorable mention.
Chuck Norris is the living definition of B.A.M.F. Heh. Welcome to RPR. If a gentle start to text based RP is what you crave, then as Kim said, you have come to the right place and everyone here will be willing to help give ya the kick start you need. If you want I will personally give you lessons on good ways to do it. Consider me the unofficial official new guy trainer person thingy. Heh. And welcome to RPR. Have a blast!
Lance2011 wrote:
Chuck Norris is the living definition of B.A.M.F. Heh.

Don't you bring that golden calf into this house of Bran-dao!*

Anyway, welcome to the RPR, Jetticus! I totally support the existence of BAMFs and the act of bamf-ing!
... did I get it right, folks? Bamf-ing? To bamf? Eh, it made sense to me...

*Kudos to whoever gets the reference
Phrostphyre

The manliest way to be manly? Wearing a kilt and working on a car's engine. XD Manly Men Doing Manly Things.

Also, Chuck Norris is just an actor. My favorite BAMF?

This guy.

And this guy. Both worthy of the title BAMF.
Hey there, bud-deh. You'll like it here, I promise. When have I ever steered you wrong? :P
Jetticus Topic Starter

Well it's all depedent on where you've steered me! lol
Jello_Monsta

Welcome to RPR! There is definitely a lot of people here who know about D&D lol There is all sorts of different scenarios on here too, it's lots of fun :) Nice to have you as a fellow member!
Jetticus Topic Starter

I have made my first legitimate character bio and description, feel free to critique!
Jetticus wrote:
I am new to RPing and I am doing it because it seems like something that could really drive some creativity into my life. I have played plenty of tablet-top RPGs, but I have never done anything like this. I would like to know what I should do, any pointers would be nice. Thank you all!

I am really happy that you have found this place. You are definately in the right place, and there are alot of talented people here who are dedicated to teaching newbies. Im a teacher by day and a old RPer from wayyyy back so teaching people how to RP is kinda what I love to do. *grins* Lance and I are about to start up a new RP that we could use as a good beginning for you, show you the ropes so to speak if you so wish :P The link will be up soon, so Ill come find you when its ready.

Welcome to the RPR
~Eb
Welcome to the insanity, Jett.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Jetticus here, and not sure where here is...

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus