Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A Return -- For Good (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Dungeoneer (played anonymously) Topic Starter

All Secenario A, members. Here is your Link

Scenario B will be coming up next hopefully by tomorrow evening.
If you can, I'd like to be at the end of the posting order. I didn't have time to create a new character yet. Plus, I'd just be stalling for everyone else to post at this point. I'll be able to post near the end of the week or weekend.

However, I definitely know I will not have the time to do it at this moment. I shall begin working in my free time on creating a character for this Role play as well. I already have a kind of idea for the stuff I'd like to do.

Hopefully this won't be a problem for you Dungeoneer. I look forward to posting this weekend however.

Not a problem. Done and done, good sir.
I'm still slightly confused about how rolling works. I mean, I completely understand HOW to roll I just don't understand what each number represents? Is there a legend that tells us what each number represents or will you be telling us?
The numbers are not what is important, it is the story element related to the numbers. Higher numbers will result in better results, should the character be attempting to do something. Lower numbers indicate amounts of failure, regarding the character's actions. But story telling is never black and white, and where a character could fail at what they were attempting, they could succeed in something they were not trying to do.
Ahhh, that makes so much more sense! Thanks a bunch for explaining!
CrimsonKnight212

I see that I'm first for scenario A, so I apologize for the hold up, but I'm still not positive if this should be a mostly blank character or if it's ok for them to have back stories and histories and possibly existing abilities. Just let me know and I'll post!
My character is going to have a back story! Why not right? :) it seems like we might not remember our lives past, but they could still have one
CrimsonKnight212

Dungeoneer?

You can have a background if you like.
as far as abilities, you're granted 3 of your choosing so long as they fall under and are used as they are categorized. Offensive, defensive and utility. In the event of character death you can alter your abilities and appearance entirely.

I did leave out a detail accidently for Scenario A that I probably should have mentioned. Your memories are retained entirely from previous of the incident.
CrimsonKnight212

Ok I'll get to work on that - my apologies for the hold up. Could you give me an example of a utility power or ability?

EDIT: nevermind, reread the first page
Is healing a utility power?
Allyson Meyers (played by CrimsonKnight212)

Ok if I need to adjust anything, please let me know. I can also tell you what abilities I'd like if you'd like.
The idea of the powers, from what I can tell, is you choose to use a power for either offense, defense, or utility. That does not mean that the power is, by nature, offensive, defensive, or used for utility. The powers are based off of what you wish of them, not their generic uses.

For instance, Across uses healing as a utility power, but my character offers their healing powers to others, and they are strangely much more effective. Others rejoice at such powerful healing, but they do not know the secret intent of having such powerful healing. My character has chosen to use healing power as a offensive power, and the others, gathered about to accept more of my character's stupendous ability, explode as my character over-heals them.

Across; healing power is a utility power, if you wish it to be. The power to sprout wings is a offensive power, if you wish it to be. The ability to move things with your mind is a defensive power, if you wish it to be. Your adventure is very flexible and not tied down to what is generic. It does sound like fun.

Thank you Miss for the assisted explanations. :)

Scenario A

Scenario C

I did this out of order. Scenario B will be done tomorrow. I have that day off from work. Just need to piece together a couple things in my head for that one because of the concept.

As far your the abilities you chose for Scenario A, I probably should've noted. At the top of the character's entry post. Post them either on the top or bottom, I'll make the edit to my introductory post.

Not sure what's holding Crystie78 up on Scenario A. Feel free to skip her until further notice. Also sorry for the delay on Scenario B. I got called into work on my day off and pushed a little OT in. Should be posted by tomorrow for sure.
I apologize profusely. I've been moving so wifi has been in and out, not to mention how busy it's been with moving everything. I hope to post tonight! But by all means, if someone wishes to skip me please do so!

That's fine. Post when you can and I'll alter the post Order accordingly
CrimsonKnight212

I'm working on my post for Scenario C - or rather, getting my character together. I've been trying to do some research on the 20s so I could craft someone who would be believable.

I'm trying to decide if she's going to be super assertive or if she's going to try to snake her way through the ranks by aligning with those in power and subversively taking control herself. I want to do the second one, but I'm not sure how to start it exactly, so I'm working through that.

Not a problem. Just be mindful that it doesn't have to be spot on for the '20s. There is some leniency. ^^

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A Return -- For Good (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus