Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Nephilim musician

Grrgrr Rrrowwi (played by Taco)

"Who the hell is Raziel?! An Archangel? I'm talking about your system, idiot!" Grrgrr berated, "Level 40 is twice the cap in 3.5 and you cap out at 30 in 4E, which is my system by the way, created by one Gary Gygax. But this Raziel guy just up and makes a new system, then?! What, do you not even have experience points? Maybe it's just a kobold thing, since an average kobold warrior has 1d4 HP and gives out 125 XP per kill. Having taken PC classes, though, I'm level 9, and as a result dish out much more XP, making me more valuable, making me need to get inside for tonight even more valuable, so may you please get out a key and open the door?!"
Charna (played by ChaosTheMew)

The black wolf growled when the woman noticed her,but was surprised when the woman said nothing about her.The wolf cautiously walked across the street,her claws clicking against the ground.The wolf came closer to the beings but entered an empty alley and stayed at the entrance to watched them.
Samantha Sousanser (played by Keiwami) Topic Starter

Sam hissed at him. "Halt dein mund!" she took out the key. "You'd be best to hold your tongue, child." she had a slightly angry face on, and still hadn't told the kobold about the wolf.

The black wolf wondered why the woman hadn't told the other being that she was here.The wolf carefully walked a foot closer to the beings and sat in the middle of the sidewalk, the wolf's own wonder getting the best of her.

Sam looked her way, still saying nothing. She smiled at the wolf, then turned back to the other being. She unlocked the door, and stepped inside.

The wolf stared at the woman who smiled at her."The woman wasn't afraid of me."The wolf thought to herself.She went to the back of the alley nearby, lied down and closed her eyes.

Huh. The woman spoke German. Or something. The Germans were the ones who first told stories about kobolds, and German was generally considered one of the required languages for a kobold hoping to mix with humans. Then the woman smiled at someone who wasn't him. Goddammit, this was all some kind of grift, wasn't it? She signalled an accomplice, no doubt, to come into the house and gank Grrgrr's shit before he knew what hit him! She forgot to make sure he wasn't looking, though! He noticed that smile! Grrgrr had been through this song and dance too many times to count, serving as some kind of boss battle for a low-level party. Luckily, Grrgrr was prepared, from too many terrible scrapes with death before. As he walked through the doorway, he casually brushed a paw against the door, setting the trap and keeping out anyone who tried to get in:

DC 20 to notice it. +10 vs. Reflex. 4d8 on hit, half dmg on miss. Shaped charge so it won't blow the door either.

Okay, now that the first member was isolated from the second, confrontation was in order. "Is this a con? Where's the accomplice? Nobody's this nice to a kobold, and you smiled at someone behind or adjacent to me. What's your angle, hmm?"

Sam pokerfaced at him. "....Wow, you're really paranoid."She shook her head. "No con, no accomplice...just someone I noticed." She continues to walk in and throws her bag down somewhere, along with her guitar she brought along.

"I have every right to be paranoid." Grrgrr said as he sloughed off his armor in a corner. "Kobolds, even level 9 kobold wizards, are extremely easy prey. In any case, the runes will dissipate by tomorrow morning; should keep out burglars. Now, you have a spare bed, right?"

Grrgrr actually felt sort of disgusted with himself when he realized he was hoping the answer was no.

In the alley, the wolf's head shot up."Something's wrong."She thought to herself. The wolf got up and walked to the door where the woman and the other being had entered. She turned to face the street and sat down. The wolf's predatory instincts kicked in, keeping her awake and on high alert.

Sam nodded. "It's over there.."She pointed in its direction, then walked over to the rune, and wrote another over it. It's a cross-over rune.

"Right." Grrgrr walked over to the bed and sat down on the edge, once again suspiciously watching Sam's rune. "What'd that one do, then? They the kind of rune that are inherently magic, like writing Elbereth?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Nephilim musician

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus