Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Urmmm...Hi? X3 I'm new

Hello Everyone,as the title states...I'm very new to this website (got an account yesterday) and I'm also new to roleplaying. I'm not really sure on what to say >.< but umm Hi =^.^= I have one question though, when you role-play do you do it in first person or third? or does it depend? Thank you!
Gingerchabi22

hi welcome to RPR hope you have a really fun time here and if you ever need to talk just pm me and that's a good question my friends and i do it that descriptions are just written normally but when your character is speaking you put it in brackets but i don't know if everyone does that
Sanne Moderator

Heya FrostyMittens, welcome to RPR! :) Our New to Roleplay guide might be interesting to read for you, it has some great tips!

As for your question, it depends on your RP partner. There are different styles and it's best to ask your partner what they prefer to write in.

I, personally, like to write a third-person novel style. This is an old RP I did a few years back but it's a good example. :) (And yes, I write really big posts, but there are plenty of people who are okay with small posts! Don't let that intimidate you.)
HibariHaru

Hey, Mittens. I'm Hibari and it's very nice to meet you. Welcome to the wonderful world of RPR. And well, you can narrate in either way you like (depends if your RP partner is okay with it). However, most RPers here narrate in third person, so writing in third person is more preferred. :)
Kim Site Admin

Yuppers, the norm is third person. Typically posts are written much the same way you'd read in a book, with speech going inside quotes, and paragraph breaks being totally acceptable if you like to make long posts. :)

And welcome! I really like your username, though it is giving me mental whiplash on this very hot day! ;)
Welcome to RPR! :) I hope you're enjoying the site so far :D

People keep saying 'what you would see in a novel' but there are plenty of novels written in first person too! I tend to prefer third person, but I think you should just ask whoever you want to RP with ^_^
FrostyMittens Topic Starter

Wow! Thank you all so much for taking the time out to help me =) I really appreciate it! ^.^
Welcome to RPR!
I personally prefer third person, and most people (if not all on this site) I've RPed with use it as well. Though as aforementioned it's really a preference thing.
booksarebae

FrostyMittens wrote:
Hello Everyone,as the title states...I'm very new to this website (got an account yesterday) and I'm also new to roleplaying. I'm not really sure on what to say >.< but umm Hi =^.^= I have one question though, when you role-play do you do it in first person or third? or does it depend? Thank you!
Hey FrostyMittens! Welcome TO RPR

Aww =^.^= Thank you guys for welcoming me! You all are very nice and I think I'll enjoy this website. =)
Welcome welcome nice to have you with us.
Welcome to the site! :)

Thank you! ^_^
Hello, welcome to RPR. Hope you have a great time here.

Thank you =)
Welcome Madame *Bows in greeting* to RPR If you every would like to roleplay PM me and i'll see what I can do. Another then that I hope you enjoy your time here.

*Curtsies* Why thank you kind sir. =)
They don't call me Sir Mad Sonic for a reason oh wait they do.
Welcome to RPR, by the way XD
FrostyMittens wrote:

First things first: Welcome welcome welcome, both to RPR and to Roleplay as a whole. Roleplay is usually done from third person but it is quite possible for it to be done from first person as well. It is all up to what the people involved agree upon.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Urmmm...Hi? X3 I'm new

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus