Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Early Spring at the Taurus Temple

Draeval (played by Rubix)

Drae gazed towards Cat!Ash, he'd just have to get used to it. At least he didn't try to kill him when he poofed back in unannounced and loudly. That's good, he'll take that and run with it.

Gabe got a toothy grin, 'Tankz...I need a leaz' or zumtin.' His tail is wagging in big circles being incredibly excited for no reason at all. He's being talked to and then...someone is yelling at a dog and instantly his ears go down. Hey he was a mutt! Sort of. But he was a good boy! Sometimes. Ahem.

Gabe is giving him puppy dog eyes and he sighed softly, 'Okay okay, lemme get legz under me.' And then he bounced into his human form shaking himself into his clothes a bit uncomfortably. Quick changes, not always fun. In a quick motion he slipped out the door, since he's uber skinny he didn't need to open it quite so much.

The skinny scruffy haired man blinked orange eyes at the lady chasing the dog with the boot, 'Um...da ya need 'elp or...zumtin?'
Ash (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

...stare.
Minnow (played by CookieLurv)

Minnow turned her head, not really seeing him at first. Just replied to his question with a point of her finger. "That dog took my boot. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs. Just THIS one loves taking anything of mine. Everyday the same thing." she sighed. Minnow should know better at least. To learn by now that if she set anything down the mutt would come along and make her run again. Then she noticed the person who spoke to her, noticing something a bit odd, but couldn't place it. "I'm sorry if I caused any alarm. I'm Minnow by the way."
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel's still there doing chores while Ash...stares at things. As long as he hadn't run for the door, Gabe's not really alarmed, and he's content to do his chores in silence.

Drae blinked at her and looked at the dog, 'Maibe diz one likez ta play gamez. Or...izn't trained properly. Trainin iz kinda important.' He was trying to be diplomatic, but he had a soft spot for his canine brethren.

He eyed her for a moment, 'Nice ta u'...come acrozz yar pat' Minnow. If yar alrite, I'll juz 'ead back inzide.' And he's turning to do just that, he kinda wanted to go wolf again and that was always awkward with strangers unless he got stopped anyway.

She barely heard what he had said. His language seemed to be broken up, but that only peeked her interest. "Uh do you mind if I come in as well? I'm very exhausted. I promise not to cause trouble." She pleaded as she started after him slowly. Fact was, she really had no place to stay anyway. Her aunt had kicked her out that evening for sneaking into her wine cellar which in her defence was unlocked.

The in and out of the door even got a good stare. as gabriel resumed cleaning, the odd beast went to sit in front of it. Large ears listening in at the other side, it pondered for a moment. Gabriel had chance to witness its earlier frustration. Intelligent as should be expected, it reared on hind legs and wrapped its talon to the handle, pulling. Unfortunately, the lack of opposable thumb and leverage made it slip right back shut when less than a crack. Those approaching the door from the outside probably hear some scratching, as it then tries to brace a foot on either door and pull. Naturally, that doesn't work either. If they aren't careful opening it, it probably spills right off in an odd lump. thankfully that will prevent escape as long as draeval is vigilant.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel wasn't so oblivious that he didn't notice Ash trying to get out the door. He'd let him try and fail before heading to the door, "No, you can't go out there." He's not quite sure how to make Ash get away from the door though, "Don't you want to go lay down on the rug? You used to love it." He figures he'll probably get killed if he put a collar on Ash to pull him, so he's going to try and wriggle between Ash and the door so he can herd him back towards the rug, "Come on, no going outside. It's not safe." Though who it wasn't safe for, Gabe didn't make clear.

Draeval blinked at her, 'Iz...a zanctuary anyone can come in.' But turning to open the door made him pause, he could hear the noise on the other side and frowned. That didn't sound good, he'd give it a second and tap the door. 'Lemme kno w'en I can get in, alrite?' He did speak loudly so hopefully Gabe could hear him.

So he and Minnow were stuck outside, because he was currently blocking the door with his body.

What could be making all that noise? And this is a sanctuary? She looked over the temple again. "Should we help?" She asked unknowing what lay behind the door. Minnow pushed up her sleeves preparing for whatever was behind the door. Fixing her hair into a messy bun, and smiled at the mutt who came to sit beside her. Laying down her boot at her feet. Reaching out a hand to pat his head, "Good boy?" But before she touched his head, the dog trotted off to lay under a tree and try to take a nap.

Hopefully gabe wouldn't be too fearful of the way it rumbled as he squeezed between the creature and the door. It wasn't quite a growl, more a familiar rattle of discontent. It released, only to rise on hind legs and try to stand face to face. Considering the size of the creature it was -almost- possible. "...not save." it... Mimiced with a rattle.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel didn't much care for being growled at and he frowned, "That's...that's not nice." He figured holding firm would let Ash see that he couldn't be walked all over. "No growling. That's mean. You're not mean." Gabe's a shrimp, so on his hind legs, Ash can definitely get nearly eye to eye with him. He's trying to be firm, but he is a little scared now.

Then Ash talks, and Gabe really just wants to run away. "Dude, that's creepy. Plus I'm probably not supposed to be teaching you English but...uh...yeah. Not saFe." He'd put emphasis on the F, "Go back to the rug..." And again he's trying to herd Ash away from the door, even if he is on hind legs.

"Just wait out there a moment! I'm trying to get him away from the door so you can get back in!" Or...Drae could just pop them both in, whatever worked.
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

"I see he takes as well to being restrained as Via." a voice piped in from the back. A familiar leather-clad scholar was there. White fluff trimmed the jacket collar as if still in winter, and smooth black hair spilled out: while not gnarled, it was still unmaintained enough to hang in strands like some girl from the grudge. "I see Via is also still good at shirking his duties. I was busy with his peer, and they needed time apart. I told him to bring him here for chance of sparking a memory." with that, Ferous looked aside, leering at the beast before spitting out what sounded like a command in harsh tongue. It rumbled as if to argue, but the demand was restated. As ferous neared the mentioned carpet, it too returned to it and slumped. "English is fine, he will need to learn. I'll advance his lessons to give latin foundation. We can always return to assyrian."
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel looked relieved to see Ferous there, and he was even more relieved when Ash did as he was told and got on the rug. "I'm sure he doesn't like it, but it's best if he doesn't run around willy nilly isn't it?" He'd move away from the door, "You guys can come in now!"

As for the rest of it Gabe'd shrug, "If he hasn't changed for the past three thousand years, why are you expecting him to be any different now?" He'd move to stand a little closer to Ferous, if she let him he'd give her a quick hug, "You should do something with your hair. It's really pretty, but not when you let it hang in your face like some horror movie girl." Whatever that meant, also probably not the best to be giving advice on hair since he seemed to have a permanent case of bedhead. "Luci said you were busy too, and Draeval is here to help me, so I should be okay." He still seemed nervous though. "How...is the brother?" He really wants to ask if she liked what he'd set up, but that would have to wait for a time when they were alone.

Drae looked at Minnow and gave a shake of his head, "No, we z'ouldn't 'elp. 'e gotz it, juz needz a minute." And then Drae hears Gabe and nods, not that Gabe could hear it but it confirmed his suspicions. He twisted his head when he heard the familiar sounds of Fer on the other side. And then there was the green light to enter.

He pulled open the door and offered to let Minnow go in first with the posturing of his body, "Da dog mite want ta ztay outzide...dare iz um...well darez a cat inzide."
Ferous (played by Minerva) Topic Starter

Gabe initially earned surprise and a rare moment of less intensity from the overcast eyes when there came the compliments. the hug was accepted and reciprocated, although the eyes came to close. By the time they parted, intense stormy hues again peered through lulled eyes as Ferous looked askew. "...you sound like him." gabriel could try to surmise who 'he' might be. Glad to move to another topic, she still selfconsciously swept the hair behind an ear, clearing half the vision. "... He... Is as much of a handful as I imagine... He is being." there was a nod toward the creature, even if there was definite pause; a struggle to even know what to say. "Like any brothers, too long together and they end up fighting. People don't... Don't like him like... Father, so I keep him away from here. Father sometimes is with us, but... Well, via..." it had already been explained from there, so the sentence drifted off.

Ash, bored to wits end, reviews what he's learned in a mutter, with poorly forced syllables. "Dood, thhehat's krrrreep. ...krrrrreepy." the growling wasn't helping. "Duuuude. ...duuuduh. Duude. Krrrrr." good job. To everyone involved. Apparently he was trying to assess the language and intent all at once.

Minnow walked in hurriedly so he wouldn't have to hold the door open longer than her had too. "Thank you..." her words drifted as she saw the cat.

Drae was in! And there is a Fer! He looked like someone lit him on fire, his already bright eyes beamed and he grinned so big it looked like his face might pop. Hey, he hadn't seen her in a while! And he had the sudden urge to leap on her and lick her face, however he was on two legs not four so that would be WAY more than creepy. Instead he worked his smile into a smaller more acceptable version and kept himself from looking too much like the joker.

"'ey Poppy." There was a happy lilt in his voice that was usually reserved for one of three people, and two were in this room. But...then he's distracted by the talking Cat!Ash and he seemed to be a whole different kind of bright. "Um...Gabe...iz...I didn't...wut?" He's just a little bit lost.
Gabriel (played by Loki)

Gabriel is turning a bit pink at Ferous' comment, and he's not sure how he should reply to that. Instead he just moves right past the whole thing, and he gestures to her hair. "May I?" If she would let him he'd move behind her and he'd take some of her hair and twist it into a simple knot in the back, in a casual some up, some down style. He'd leave a few strands to frame her face on either side as well. If she didn't want him to do this, obviously he wouldn't.

Either way after that he's frowning a bit, and resisting the urge to give her another hug. He'd always been very physically affectionate, and he just can't help it when he reaches out to give her hand a squeeze. "Hey...I don't know anything about him really. But I do know that I trust--trusted Ash's judgement. If you need a break well...the Restaurant really hasn't taken off yet and it's usually pretty dead. I'll help, if you want to bring him by while I'm at work. It's no trouble." He'd grin, and then his attention is stolen by Ash, and his grin falters.

"Er...I...oops..." He'd rub the back of his head in a nervous gesture and he'd look at Drae, "Nah I think that one was me but...uh...you probably shouldn't be teaching him English either." No offense Drae! It's about then that he notices the girl, "Oh...hello there!" He seems to be in a better mood now that Ferous was around, but then he'd always claimed she had a calming effect on him.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Early Spring at the Taurus Temple

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus