Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Draeval (played by Rubix)

Draeval had been working on the final pieces to purchase the old bar downtown, there was something about it that just spoke to him when he first saw it. Perhaps it was the age, the history, even the ghosts of people long gone stuck to it's walls in an after image, but whatever it was it drew the wolf to buy it. He'd signed the papers this morning, his very human appearing self now sat in the bar with the hustle and bustle of the normal attendees. The place needed work, it was still operational but he had a lot to restore and things to change. He wasn't planning on getting started just yet, he wanted to get used to owning a bar, get used to what it meant for him and his company branching out in a new way.

He sat perched on a bar stool with a glass of Jack and Coke in front of him, his ice was melting but his burnt orange eyes danced around the place as he watched the after images of time lace together. This place felt right to him, the history went back well over one hundred years and he could feel so many connections to his spirit. It rejuvenated his waning strength, he'd been working overtime on a project and he just wasn't making much progress. He still thought he'd kill a friend rather than help them if he tried right now, but he'd needed a break. He'd needed food, and he had needed to get out of his subspace lab and into the world again. He hadn't even seen his wife in days, that thought pulled him out of his timey-whimey stupor and he flipped his phone out of his pocket and sent a text message to their computer. Maybe she'd get it and join him, maybe she'd just know that he was safe and not lost in Egypt or something similar. He thought he'd be better to her when he got back from his last slip, but he wasn't. He was still just as bad as he always was and that idea sobered him some.

Putting the phone back in his pocket he took a breath and threw back his liquor in one swift move, it was still cold enough to make him shiver lightly. His long brown hair masked his face but his glasses were on and he looked rather unusual in his black suit. He definitely didn't fit in with the rest of the crowd, for the most part it was an eclectic group of people varying from writers to bikers and everything in between. The didn't serve food, but there were plenty of snacks to go around. The bar tender was polite but they weren't any Lacey. That thought made him chuckle, he'd have to figure out how he would run this place when he was ready to officially make changes. For now he simply mused about different things.
Elena Blakeslee (played by Jello_Monsta)

Elena stood outside of the old bar, chewing on her bottom lip. She wasn't sure if she was at the right place. She pulled out a folded piece of paper from her coat pocket, unfolding it and looking at a wanted ad. She needed a job desperately, and unfortunately she had been turned away at the last ten places she had gone to. She folded the piece of paper back up, this was the place, the ad had been very slim on details as to what the job pertained to. She frowned slightly, tucking a strand of her red hair behind her ear, she wasn't really a bar person.

"Get yourself together Elena, your rent is due next month and you used the rest of your savings to buy your cat food, a job is a job!" she spoke encouragingly to herself. Some by passers gave her an odd glance and continued on their way. She blushed slightly, she really needed to stop talking to herself constantly. She took a deep breath and put her hand on the door, opening it. She walked in to find it rather busy, and made her way to the bar cautiously. The place looked rather nice, she love antiques and the old bar was exactly that.

When she got to the bar she waited for the bartender to finish serving some patrons, "Excuse me?" she called out timidly, "Uhm, Hello?" she called again as the bartender walked by her again. She frowned, her encouragement slowly dissipating. Her unusual pink eyes lowered to the bar top, she was getting no where today.
Draeval (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Draeval tapped the bar and got another drink, he was already six in and still hadn't put any food on his stomach. Thank god for his metabolism or he'd be drunk already. For now at least he just seemed like the absent minded alcoholic, staring off into the space behind the bar while tossing back drink after drink. Not typical of his personality at all, but he was in that kind of mood.

Because of his mood it took him until the second time she spoke for him to look up at her. Through the mane of hair his glasses were visible and beneath them his oddly bright orange eyes. Though they seemed to dim as he shifted on the stool to face her, 'Zorry, anyting I can da ta 'elp ya?' He had an odd accent, though hopefully she could understand him. He shifted and reached up to tuck his hair back behind his ears so his features became a little more apparent.

The bartender finally approached her after a few moments, "What'ya having miss?" he asked her, wiping down glasses as he waited for her reply.

She scrunched up her nose some, shaking her head. "Oh no, I do not drink." she said softly, "I'm here about the wanted ad for help?" she inquired, pulling out the folded piece of paper and showing it to him. He rose a brow at her glancing from her to the paper.

"I can do pretty much anything, I know I do not have much work experience but I am a hard worker, and will do my best." She said hopeful, giving out a small smile.

Draeval listened to the conversation and titled his head to her, he bit his lip and then rolled his shoulders a bit. He took another glass and tossed it back before clearing his throat, 'We are gettin ready ta da a lot ub c'angez round 'ere. New people an ztuff. Mite be clozed a lil bit, but eberyone dat workz 'ere will ztill get paid. Tink dat'd work far ya.'

She turned her head slightly, tilting her head as the man next to her spoke. She had a hard time understanding him through his slurring. "U-uh, yes?" she replied, not sure who this person was. He looked like he had a few too many, she smiled slightly and held out her hand. "Are you the owner?" She asked shaking his hand.

Drae coughed and stretched again, 'Zorry I got a bit ub a zpeec' problem, it getz eazier ta underztand afta a w'ile. 'ad a z'attered jaw wen I waz a kid.'

He watched her and nodded at her question, 'I am, I didn't realize dare waz an ad out already but datz good newz I zuzpect.' He was speaking slower for her, hopefully she'd be able to understand him at some point. He tapped the bar for another drink before looking at her again.

'Zo ya can da a bit ub eberyting den? I wun be zerbin food or nuffin, but I could uze anudder bar keep. Maibe a zerber, 'oztezz. I wanna get diz ting back ta it'z old grandeur but it mite require a few mont'z ub bein clozed.'

He pointed to the seat she was by, 'W'y dun ya take a zeat, lez talk zum buzinezz.' Draeval extended his hand, 'I'm Drae, waz yar name?'

She nodded slowly as he spoke slowly so she would understand, taking a seat as he requested. "Elena, Elena Blakeslee." She said, giving a warm smile. "Sorry to hear about your jaw" she said, feeling a bit guilty for thinking he was inebriated.

"That's good to hear the you are going to fix up the bar, I love old places like these" she smiled, crossing her legs as she sat. Something was finally going right today, she was growing tired of her sour luck.

Draeval gave her one of his true smiles, it ran from ear to ear and brightened up his features. 'Nice ta meet ya Elena, an iz alrite. It waz a long time ago.' In her defense, he understood how she would think he was inebriated if he knew those thoughts. He did drink quite a bit already.

'Me ta, I dunno zumtin wit diz muc' 'iztory dezerbez ta be kept in da rite z'ape. 'opefully we can get it back ta wat it waz back in da day an make 'er z'ine again.' He gave her another smile, 'Ya wan anyting? I kno ya zaid ya didn't drink but darez probably zumtin non-alco'olic back dare zum w'ere.'

He shifted again and rolled his fresh glass between his hands, 'Zo, ya eber worked in a bar before?'

She nodded and smiled as he spoke. "Oh I'm fine.." she replied to his drink offer, truth was she couldn't afford it. "I haven't worked in a bar, but I'm a quick learner I can pick up things fast" she said softly, her nervousness causing a break in her voice. She blushed slightly in embarrassment, looking down.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara had gotten the text message delivered to her messenger while she in the shower, so that is what caused the delayed reply. She's smiling when she looks at it, and rather than replying, she's going to surprise her husband. She's headed back into her room to get ready and that's likely going to take a little bit of time too. When she finally emerges, she's got her wavy hair into a side ponytail, and the waves have been styled into more manageable curls. The top of the ponytail was accented with a small gold bow. She's wearing a red sweater dress that went well with her complexion, with a pair of gold colored tights. She'd also have on some cute red flats that had bows on the toes, and she was wearing a gold necklace that had a pendant on it in the shape of a rose leaf. She hadn't done much with her makeup, just a little bit to enhance what she had, and then she's grabbing her big black tote and she's off to the bar.

Rather than walk all the way from the forest, she's going to cheat and use the portal that Draeval made her so that she can get to the city faster. From there, it's just a short walk to where he was. When she entered the bar, she smiled, and would have walked straight over to Draeval, but he seemed to be busy with someone else. She'll give him a little wave to let him know that she's here, and then she'll make herself comfortable down the bar a bit, ordering herself a Cosmo, before pulling out her latest project from her tote, something that was to be a gift for her wife on Valentines day.

Drae grinned brighter if that was possible, 'Well den yar in good company, I'be neber owned a bar before.' He laughed and it seemed to soften his features more. He could feel his stress starting to trickle away, maybe he did need to keep himself out of the lab some. Either that or the alcohol on an empty stomach was finally starting to affect him.

That's when he saw her and his grin he'd had for Elena grew into a full smile for Chiara. She waved and went for the other end of the bar but he would try and wave her over but she settled down with her project. He cleared his throat and looked back to Elena, 'Anyting ya want back dare call it on da 'ouze, if yar gunna work 'ere ya'll 'abe ta learn dat I da mai bezt ta take care ub mai own. Inzurance an da like, paid bacation an leabe, dat zort ub ting.'

He looked back over to Chiara, 'Da ya mind if I go zay 'ai ta mai wife real quick? I 'aben't zeen 'er in a few dayz, an z'e doezn't yet kno bout diz place bein mine eider.' He laughed, 'Pluz I'd like 'er ta meet ya.'

She chuckled at his statement about never owning a bar before, her shyness deteriorating some. She turned on her chair to face him, "Are you sure? I really don't want to be given hand outs, a water will do just fine." She smiled, glancing over at the other side of the bar seeing his wife. "Alright, no problem, I'll be here" she said, glancing around.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara was still busy working on the project, it was almost done and she couldn't wait to give it to Ferous. She didn't even mind that Draeval was busy, she's perfectly content to sip on her cosmo and work while he finished his business. She was a pretty patient person, and she's great at keeping herself busy.

Draeval smiled, 'Pozitibe, I dun 'abe any izzuez taken care ub mai people. Zumtimez we all need a lil 'elp, mai employeez are like extended family.' He chuckled, 'An I dun da 'and outz, I da picker upperz.' Drae, the silly wolf.

He grinned, 'Tankz I'll be back.' And he hopped off the stool and scurried over to his wife, ''ey dare.' For her she might notice that he looks tired, which to be honest wasn't too unusual for him. But he's lost a touch of weight and his eyes have that orange tint to them that signals he's used his powers recently.

'I 'ope ya been doin alrite...' He bit his lip and looked around, 'I u'...wanted ta tell ya dat I boug't diz place. An...I wanted ta zee ya.' He looked over towards Elena and smiled before looking back to Chiara, 'Wen yar done ya tink ya'd like ta meet a new employee?' Drae his brain is working on so many levels he's jumping around in what he's saying. Also an indicator he's used his powers recently.

Elena smiled and nodded, watching him walk over. Did this mean she had the job. She cheered inwardly to herself, she couldn't wait to share the news with George. Finally things were beginning to look up for her.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara looked up when Draeval came over to her, and she'd give him a smile, "Of course I have." He mentions that he bought the bar, and she blinks, "Interesting investment." She never questioned his businesses though, and she wasn't about to start.

She's offered to meet a new employee and she looked past Draeval to Elena, "Sure." She's folding up her project, "I'll have to show you later, I think she'll really like this." Don't worry Drae, she'd been working on something for you too. She'll put her project away and she'll grab her cosmo, "Lead the way."

Draeval, if they weren't in public probably would have done some big romantic kiss. But he'd save that for later, ''e, yea...I dunno I tink it'z da age ub da place. Iz ober a 'undred yearz old an da memoriez juz bounce off da wallz.' He closed his eyes and took in a breath, 'It zingz wit itz pazt, maibe wen it clozez tanite I can z'ow ya.' He gave her a smile and looked around again, he could feel it humming in his bones. Which felt fantastic.

He smiled at her again and nodded, 'Ub courze. An I'm zure z'e will. 'abe ya talked ta 'er lately? I 'aben't zeen 'er zince Egypt an den z'e wazn't 'erzelf.' He's told the lead the way and he'll head back over to Elena.

'Elena, diz iz may wife Keyra. Keyra diz iz mai new barkeep Elena.' He gave a big grin, so at least she'd know she was hired right?

Elena's eyes widened, she had the job. 'YES YES YES YES YES!' she screamed inwardly, doing her best to hide her excitement, days of stress just melting off her shoulders. "Thank you so much, you won't regret it." She then looked to his wife, "Hello, nice to meet you" she bowed her head politely.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara thought about it, "Well, no. But that's typical for her. I think I last saw her at...christmas?" Or was it before that? She couldn't even remember. "It's a very nice place. I hope it does well for you." It's about then that they're heading over, and Drae is introducing her to his new barkeep. She can see the tension bleed from the woman, and she holds out a hand, "Pleased to meet you. Are you new around here?" Well most people looking for jobs were new the the area, at least that had been her experience.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus