Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Elena Blakeslee (played by Jello_Monsta)

She took her hand shaking it gently, "No, I've lived here my whole life. My grandmother passed a few months back and I used to own the flower shop a few blocks away, but business has been hard to come by as of late and so I was forced to close down. So times have been a bit rough." She chuckled a bit nervously, wondering why she felt the need to give her whole life story to this woman she had just met. She rubbed the back of her neck, giving an awkward smile.
Draeval (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Draeval nodded, 'True, I zuppoze I z'ouldn't be zurprized. But ya get ta zee 'er more den me zo I taut if anyone knew it'd be ya.' He grinned and reached to try and give her hand a squeeze, 'I mizzed ya Key.' He always missed her and that wasn't ever a lie from him, even if it did seem to be the thing he said to her all the tiem.

He shrugged, 'Eben if it doezn't it ztill feelz good ta be in 'ere, like...I dunno like it feelz like iz rec'argin me. An iz juz zo...gorgeouz in time...eberyting 'ere. Once it'z back ta wat it uzed ta be it'll juz vibrate wit life.' Even if it was a flop it obviously meant something to him. Which was good, and bad lol. His passionate side was coming out.

He smiled and watched the two interact, but frowned a bit when Elena talked about her family business. 'I'm zorry dat couldn't 'abe been eazy ta let go ub.'
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara bit her lip, "I'm sorry to hear that. It's hard to come by a good flower shop these days." The only other place she knew of was the place where Gabriel used to work, but she wasn't a fan of his manager. "I'm sure you'll have a good time working for Draeval. And this place seems very interesting." She'd look over at Draeval, "How did you find it?" She'd never seen it before, but that didn't mean it wasn't around. She likely just hadn't been paying attention.

Elena shook her head, "It's okay, it happens. It was time I moved on with my life anyways" she smiled warmly. She had a feeling that she was going to fit in just fine here, the last job she had everyone was scolding her and telling how much of a mess she made. She frowned slightly at the thought, now was not the time to be dwelling on the past.

Draeval nodded, 'I can underztand dat, 'opefully diz job will 'elp ya get dat frez' ztart.' He blushed at Chiara talking about working with him, 'I try ta be a good bozz far ya.' He looked over at Chiara and laughed, 'I waz watc'in zumtin wit Gabe an it juz kinda...z'owed up. I fell in lub wit it immediately, juz one ub doze tingz...'

Chiara should understand that, he was a feeling sort of creature. But his eyes fell on Elena again and he saw her frown, 'Zumtin wrong?'

Elena shook her head, "It's nothing" she smiled. "When do you want me to start?" she asked, raising her eyes to the pair. She was eager to start, which was unusual for her, normally she'd be so nervous about starting something new. She felt relaxed though, and that was something she appreciated this time around.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara had gone quiet for a little bit, which wasn't all that unusual with her. "You've been spending a lot of time with Gabriel." It was simply an observation, she didn't seem to have an emotion about it one way or another. She'll sip at her Cosmo, and then her eyes will return to Draeval. It's not like Chiara could answer that question!

Draeval blinked at his wife for a moment, 'I...guezz I 'abe. A lot ub timez I juz catc' 'im at da templez, I didn't really realize I'be been zeen 'im dat muc'..." It really hadn't dawned on him, but for some reason he felt bad. Probably because he had been neglecting his wife.

Elena stole his attention but it was clear that he'd been taken off guard, he cleared his throat and brought a smile to his features again. 'Welp, I zuppoze bedder zooner den lader. We can get ya learnin w'ile iz ztill open den I can zend ya ta bartendin z'cool w'ile we da remodelin zo ya can be ready far da re-open.'

He looked over at Chiara before reaching for the glass he'd left behind when he'd fetched his wife, and then he took a few sips of that. ''ow'z dat zound?'

"That sounds just fine." She smiled, her nervousness returning again. What if she screwed up, she couldn't afford to lose this job. She may be a quiet person on the outside, but normally her mind was screaming at her constantly on the inside.
'It's a curse..' she thought to herself, glancing at Chiara momentarily before bringing her eyes back to Draeval. "Do you want me to start now or tomorrow? and when should I come in?" she asked, biting her bottom lip some.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara didn't seem overly bothered by anything, "I should probably visit there more often." She visited rarely, and even then she usually just left something in Ferous' office and left. She can't answer any questions for Elena, so she's just going to be quiet for now, while she sips on her cosmo. She really wanted to pull out her project and work on it, but she figured that would probably be rude.

Draeval eyed Chiara carefully, he was just afraid for some reason that she might give him murder eyes at any moment. But when she didn't seem upset, rather than thinking that in the end she might murder him anyway, he gave her a smile. 'We z'ould go tagedder.'

He looked back at Elena and tucked his hands in his pockets, 'Welp, if ya wan zum 'andz on experience lez 'op da bar an zee wat we can da. Z'all we?' He tossed back the rest of his glass and took an deep breath, 'I like trial bai fire ztuff, zo if ya tink yar ready lez do diz.' And with that Drae put two hands on the counter and slid over it.

Yeah, just like the movies.

( thanks I totally have ramen all over my screen now because of the "yea, just like the movies" comment lmfao~)

Elena gulped, nodding as she hopped up, sitting on the bar and swung her legs over. She squeaked when she almost fell off, landing rather clumsily. She blushed deeply, fixing her hair that had gone askew. She took in a deep breath trying to calm down, when she got overly nervous she became clumsy, and around all this glass, well it wasn't a good thing. "Okay, show me what to do!" she tried to say confidently, her voice cracking at the end.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara watches Draeval sail smoothly over the bar, and she smirked, "Show off." Elena makes her way over, and Chiara pushes her empty glass towards them, "Here, make me another cosmo." That should be simple enough for someone just learning how to make drinks right? Since they're both going to be busy on the other side of the bar she figures now is a good time to bring out her project.

It was mostly folded up tan colored silk, and she seems to be stitching some sort of scene on it. They couldn't see most of it, but what they could see appeared to be a peacocks tail. She's perfectly content to work on that while Draeval teaches Elena the ropes.

(My bad Jello! I tend to do that to people. :D )

Drae watched her come over and offered a smile, 'Firzt we mazter drinkz, den we'll mazter da zlide.' But Chiara had him laughing, 'Aww am not!' He was too and he knew it, you should see him show off as a wolf! But first drinks. He leaned his elbows into the bar top and gave a wily grin to his wife, 'Mmm cozmo it iz far da beautiful lady.' There was a wink and then he's back in bar mode.

He reached down and grabbed a clean cocktail glass before spinning the stem in his fingers and placing it on the top, 'Firzt off wit a Cozmo ya getz ta grab da lemon bodka an da triple zec.' He turned and grabbed the bottles he needed, taking time to show her what they looked like.

Once he got them he tilted them at the same time, 'Iz twa partz ub deze, zo ya want ta make zure dare eben. Pourin em at da zame time iz da bezt way ta da dat. Gibe it a ten count, ten zecondz den...' He flipped the bottles up, 'A lil more, a lil lezz izn't dat bad.' He put them both down before reaching down and grabbing the cranberry juice.

'Da lazt part iz eazy, a fibe count ub cranberry juice. Wateber ya da, dun ober da diz one. Da lemon bodka an da cranberry make far a ztrong combo zo ta tart an dey wun be 'appy.' He put the juice down and then grabbed a lime and slipped it in.

'An dare we go.' He slid it to Chiara, 'Yar turn, an I'll drinkz it.' He crossed his arms and leaned a hip into the bar, then paused and fixed himself another drink.

Elena watched carefully, nodding as he instructed her. It was her turn now, she grabbed a clean cocktail glass. She poured everything the way he did, garnishing the drink with a lime. She handed it to him, chewing on her bottom lip. She did not know why she was nervous, she followed his instructions to a T. She had that sort of luck though, messing up even though she did it right.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara was busy working on her project while they made drinks, and when hers was slipped over to her, she'd take it and sip. "Perfect, thanks." She'd flash Draeval a smile and then went back to doing what she was doing. She tied off the thread she was working on, and pulled the next color she needed from her tote. Peacock feathers were a lot of work!

She'd glance up after Elena finished making the drink, "Don't look so unsure of yourself...be confident. I'm sure the drink is fine." She was trying to be helpful, in her own way.

Drae sipped on his drink while he watched Elena make the cosmo. He put his down and reached for the fresh one, he swirled it once, twice, then tilted his head back and took a long drag. 'Perfecto.'

He grinned and licked his lips before eyeing his wife, 'Nu wonder ya like deze.' Looking back at Elena he offered a smile, 'Ya gotta be confident like z'e zayz.'

He grinned and scratched his chin, 'If ya get nerbouz it 'elpz ta puz' yar tongue againzt da roof ub yar mout'. It letz ya releaze da tenzion an izn't bizible ta da gueztz. Alzo keep yar z'oulderz zquare, ya juz gotta carry yarzelf like ya kno wat yar doin. Eben if ya dun.'

She smiled as Chiara gave her a helpful comment, "T-thank you." She was glad that his wife was a nice as them, glancing at the cloth in her hand, "That's very pretty by the way, I love peacocks, they are beautiful birds.

She looked back to Draevel, glad he had liked the drink. She nodded as he gave her advice, "Y-yes sir, I'll try" she smiled, her nervousness going away some. She had a feeling she would be alright here with a boss that was actually nice and caring. She took his advice to heart, the next time she got nervous she would try his trick.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara looked down at her handy work, "Oh...this colored one is alright." She unfolded it all the way to show Elena that there was an already completely albino peacock facing the colored one, "I prefer the albino ones though...they're so much more...regal." She's having to hide her smile behind her hand, but Drae should likely know she probably wasn't speaking about peacocks exactly. The two peacocks were standing on a log, the border extended from both sides of the log. The border wasn't anything special, just olive branches. It's done extremely well, but the border isn't exactly fancy. It must have some special meaning.

"It's a valentines day gift. I hope she'll like it." The last part she had to do seemed to be the colored peacock, it was already mostly done, which was probably a good thing, considering that date was fast approaching.

She admired the art piece, gasping slightly, "It's beautiful, you're really talented." she smiled. "I have to say I agree the albino ones do look more regal" she nodded, "I'm sure whoever you are giving it to will love it.". She was a bit envious of the pair, all she had was her cat who would ignore her when he was in a mood, which was often.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus