Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Draeval (played by Rubix) Topic Starter

Draeval looked over at the design and grinned, 'Datz beautiful babe.' He gave her a grin, finished the cosmo then started sipping on his drink again. He looked over at Elena and made a face, 'Dun call me zir...datz juz weird. Drae iz good.'

He chuckled at the albino peacock comment, 'Can't blame ya dare.' He flashed her that big flyboy smile and took another drink, 'Z'e'll lub it.' He knew she would, it was her kind of thing and that he knew very well.

He beamed at Elena, 'O' ya'll fit in perfect wit uz den.' He chuckled and pushed himself up on the bar. 'Alrite....zo wat if I walked up ta ya an azked far zum Zex on da Beac'?' He waggled his eyebrows, but hopefully she knew that was a drink and he wasn't propositioning her in front of his wife! Though...who knows with Drae.
Elena Blakeslee (played by Jello_Monsta)

"That's a peach flavored drink right?" she asked, looking at Draeval. She wasn't a drinker no, but she did know about some drinks. She smiled, walking over and grabbing another cocktail glass, glad she knew the recipe, giving her more confidence. She looked around the bar, looking for different bottles. She grabbed the peach schnapps, vodka, cranberry juice, and finally orange juice, mixing them together. She stirred the liquid with a straw before handing it to him.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara smiled "Thank you." Perhaps she'd make a little something for Elena in her spare time. "I think she will. It's hard for me to tell sometimes, her tastes are a little eccentric." She was going back to her work, but then Draeval had to go and be an idiot, so she took her thread and lobbed it at his head, where it probably just bounced right off. "Stop tormenting the poor girl, it's her first day." She'd pause, "Also, give me back my thread, I need it."

With that she'd turn her attention to Elena, "He does have sort of a point. Once you're a little bit more comfortable with things, a bit of flirting will probably get you better tips." Well it was true! She should know about bar-tending, one of her closest friends was a bar tender.

Drae was just being a goober when BAM he got hit with a thing of thread. ''ey! I gotz a couple brainz in dare!' But he was laughing, 'Zee?! Z'e knew wat I waz zayin! Yeez', zee wat I gotta deal wit Elena?'

But he ducked down and slid off the bar before another roll of thread could be thrown his way. ''ere ya go babe, I'm zorry I'll be'abe. Promize.' But he's got that wolf eating the canary grin and he's looking back over to Elena and smiling as she finishes the drink. 'Lookz good lookz good.' When she handed it to him he sipped on the straw and made a "Mmmmmmmm" sound.

''ere babe, try diz.' And he'd hand it over to Chiara, his little taste tester.

Elena chuckled slightly, watching the pair. She hoped one day she'd have what they have, and hopefully sooner than later. She shook her head slightly, chuckling more, "At least she threw the thread instead of a glass" she laughed.

She was pleased to see he enjoyed the drink, smiling brightly, she was proud of herself for once. She watched as he handed it to Chiara, and waited for her response.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara would take her thread back, and she'd continue working on her project. "See? I could have thrown a glass." But Draeval knew that Chi would never do something like that. Elena was mixing up the drink, and Chiara sadly wasn't paying much attention because she was really focused on getting this done. She'd look up when Drae asked her to taste test the drink. She'll set her work in her lap, and she'll take a sip, "Mmm...tastes good." She'd grin, "You know if you're going to have a bar Draeval, you'll have to teach your tenders how to make a Black Butterfly."

Draeval blinked at Elena, brain broken again. 'Dun gibe 'er ideaz! Firzt iz a glazz den iz a 'air dryer, den iz a book an we can't 'abe dat. Nu damagin bookz nor brain zellz!' But he was laughing and gave that big grin to his wife again. 'I dun eben kno wat'd I da ta make ya made enuff ta t'row a book...but if dat day eber comez I mite be zcared.' He was just playfully teasing, sort of anyway.

He shifted and hopped back up on the bar again now that things were being thrown at him, 'Z'e'z rite doug', guyz are a mezz. We like ta playfully flirt ezpecially wit da off limitz onez. Tipz are eazy ta get, it juz dependz on ya really. We'll 'abe bouncerz an ztuff. Nu pawz on anyone.'

He grinned at Chiara and waggled his eyebrows at her, 'O? It taztez good 'u'?' There was a chuckle then a nod, 'O' yea, ya'll 'abe ta kno 'ow ta make dat one. An I'ma warn ya a few patronz I'm zure will come t'roug' are u'...unique.'

He bit his lip and looked at his wife, ''ow open ta da weird are ya?'

She blinked at them both when they told her to flirt, her flirt? "Oh, I couldn't d-do that.." she blushed deeply, averting her eyes from them. She wasn't even sure how she would handle some one hitting on her, she'd probably get nervous and embarrassed and fall on her face.

She glanced up when he mentioned some patrons would be unique, she smiled slightly, fidgeting her hands. "Oh I know all about weird.." she said, I talk to a cat how weird is that? she thought. "My grandmother always said never judge a book by it's cover, no matter what the title says." she smiled.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara scoffed, "I would never harm a book by throwing it at your thick head." Don't worry, she really does love you Draeval, and it's obvious she's just teasing because she can't keep the smile off her face after she says it. Chiara would just arch her brow at her husband for his last question, and she returned her attention to Elena.

"Sure you can't. It's not all that hard. You don't even really have to say anything." She'd brace her elbows on the bar, and she rests her chin on her hands. "A pretty girl like you? Style your hair...wear a cute outfit, give them a little smile. You'll have them eating out of your hand in no time." She'd wink at Elena then, before looking back at Drae, "Right?"

Drae looked hurt by the thick head comment but he couldn't hold it, he just started laughing. 'I dunno...I can be really annoyin zumtimez.' He was teasing, but he was being truthful! He was terribly annoying and he knew it.

He listened to Elena and nodded gently, 'Welp da weird will probably frequent 'ere. Zo az long az yar okay wit it datz good datz good.' He snorted about the book, 'Welp titlez, coberz, an all dun alwayz z'ow wat iz underneat'. Tingz may look perfectly banillia an be perfectly animal underneat'. Or be four different tingz at da zame time.'

He's getting winked at from Chi and he smiled softly, 'Ta be 'onezt dey'll probably juz flirt wit ya. Bein able ta gibe a zmile, be w'o ya are. Iz not dat 'ard, an like Key zaid ya really dun 'abe ta da muc' ub anyting at all.'

Elena blushed slightly, "Oh I'm not good looking" she laughed nervously, "But I will try what you suggested." she smiled shyly. She glanced around the bar, "Is there anything else I should do while I am here?" she asked, glancing at both of them.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara looked over at Elena, "Says who?" She thought the girl looked attractive enough, but given her...tastes...maybe she wasn't the best judge. She's also not commenting on the weird that might wander by. It was something Elena would have to see for herself.

"Going to have a grand opening party?" She'd ask Draeval when Elena was finished speaking. And with that she's going back to work on her project. She only had a little bit of time to get it finished anyway.

Draeval made a face, 'O' come on yar a purdy gurl.' He gave her a smile, he wasn't flirting or being anything but completely serious. He stretched and thought about it for a moment, 'Welp, I'm not zure.' He chuckled lightly, he'd have to think about what else Elena should do.

'I tink zo, it'd be good far diz place. Fill it wit da pozitibe energy dat it needz ta boozt da energy already 'ere.' He looked around and let his eyes take in the time sights. 'I tink...I'll da zumtin big. Maibe I'll zee if Gabe could cater wit ztuff fram 'iz reztaurant...we can da it like a grand re-openin...' He sounded dreamy, mostly because he was envisioning it as he was speaking.

Elena watched the two converse, leaning against the bar. She smiled as she listened to his plans, "That sounds nice, positive energy is always a good thing these days." She looked around the bar, "Though I do hope you keep these pretty antiques." She said quietly, mostly to herself. She wished her flower shop had had the flare this bar did, maybe then it would've survived.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara tilted her head, "His restaurant is open?" She hadn't heard that yet! She's going to sip at her drinks, and work on her project while Elena and Draeval talked. "Oh, I'm sure we will. We...have a thing for antiques in this family." She laughed quietly at her own little joke, though Elena would likely be left wondering what was so funny. She's probably going quiet then, intently working on her own little project.

Draeval smiled at Elena, "O' mozt definitely, antiquez are kinda mai ting." He grinned at his wife, he was being a clown but not too bad. He nodded to Chi though, "Yea', 'azn't been open bery long doug'." Chiara is laughing and he'll chuckle a bit, 'I guezz ya could zay dat antiquez iz kinda da family buzinezz.'

Elena nodded, smiling brightly. "I just love antiques and the history behind them, everything they have seen." She rested her chin in her palm, "So what do you do Chiara? Sounds like you both live a very busy bustling life" she chuckled.
Chiara (played by Loki)

Chiara smirked at Draeval, and then she's looking back up at Elena. "That's why I love old books." She's pleasantly surprised with that answer, and she'll give Elena more of a real smile. Until she's asked what she does, and she bites her lip. "I stay at home usually. I came into a lot of money a long time ago, and I used that to make more money." She shrugged. Not glamorous but she didn't have to work and she could spend more time doing what she liked.

She's looking back down at her project but she seems a little embarrassed now. It's not exactly the best answer to that question.

"Oh I see." she smiled, "Do you ever get bored?" she chuckled, "I think after the first week I would tear out my hair if I stayed home all the time. I think my cat would help too" she laughed more, shaking her head. "I guess that gives you a lot of time to learn new things though." she smiled softly.

Draeval grinned, 'Welp den we'll totally get along juz fine wun we Key?' He was trying to keep from chuckling at that, he didn't want Elena to find him completely insane. Maybe a little, but not completely. Yet anyway.

He let Chi answer about her job, but he offered a smile at Elena. 'I dunno, I dun tink I'be eber known 'er ta get bored wit anyting. Except maibe mai adorablenezz.' He grinned broadly at his wife and then took another drink of his glass. He at least was slowing down in his speed of drinking.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Old Haunt

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus