Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » Hi and HELP ME

I am SERIOUSLY not understanding this AT ALLLLLL!!
:C I want to make my character's RPR look super cool and unique, like some of the RPRs I have seen people make from Furcadia. But, alas, I am a terrible website designer, if you could call it that, and I have no clue what I'm doing because I am a newbie.

My name is Jay, and I am admitting that I need help!
Claine Moderator

Hi there! Welcome to the site!

You can make very nice looking profiles with very basic image editing skill. Here are some links that can help you on your way!

The Basics
Making Profiles to attract RP
Advanced customisation

If you want a one of a kind custom made profile you could look in the Arts and Creativity section of the forum for people doing profile commissions, or make your own thread seeking them out.
EpicMan561

Hi there, welcome! If you need help, the Help forum, and pages should be able to help!
Sanne Moderator

Welcome Jay! Custom templates require an Epic Membership (both for when you make one yourself, or you want to use one made by another person) which you can buy from the store or you can enter contests when they are held and the prizes are Epicness. :)

The tutorials Claine listed are excellent places to begin! But if you really want to get serious about making something really unique, a custom template is the way to go. There are tons of tutorials online that help you get started, but this one is a good place to begin, too. On the left hand side you'll find an index with chapters, they will teach you the kind of stuff you can apply in RPR's templates. :)

Good luck, and please let us know if we can do more for you!
Kim Site Admin

Looks like you've already gotten a ton of great suggestions, so I won't repeat them. I just wanted to say welcome! :D
Welcome to RPR! Looks like you got some really great suggestions. Hope they help! :D
Ben Moderator

Hello and welcome! Profile prettying can be pretty complicated at first, but the more you look into it the easier it becomes. There are some great tutorials around, and you may want to look up some photoshop tutorials, because one of the easiest ways to have a unique profile is to insert cool custom images. :>
Hey, welcome to rpr! Being new can be so hard sometimes. It's good to see that you've gotten so many good suggestions, though. It'll be interesting to see your character pages once you're done!
HibariHaru

Hi there. Welcome to RPR!
Welcome to RPR!
It appears as though you've gotten enough help?
Hope they fixed your problem X3
Welcome to RPR! Looks like plenty of people have offered help on your problem :)
It usually takes a bit of time and effort to get your profile and character profiles just the way you want them, but playing around with it is half the fun! :D I hope you enjoy making your profile unique just for you!
LittlestBird Topic Starter

Thank you all so much for the sweet welcomes and the tips on how to customize my characters' pages.

I used to customize and build character boxes that I used in roleplay on Vampirefreaks, but a whole website per character from the drag and drop was a little confusing. I guess what I'm really stumped on is how do I get to editing the BB code? I'm not sure how to get to that point??

I don't know, I might figure that much out myself.

But, seriously, thank you!
ZeperTheStar

Welcome to PDR, I hope you enjoy your time here. I also hope the suggestions have helped out. ^-^
Welcome to RPR! When it comes to RPRing, you will get the hang of it on your own. Just follow the helpful tips that have been provided and you're already off to a great start!
Kim Site Admin

LittlestBird wrote:
Thank you all so much for the sweet welcomes and the tips on how to customize my characters' pages.

I used to customize and build character boxes that I used in roleplay on Vampirefreaks, but a whole website per character from the drag and drop was a little confusing. I guess what I'm really stumped on is how do I get to editing the BB code? I'm not sure how to get to that point??

I don't know, I might figure that much out myself.

But, seriously, thank you!

You can place BBCode inside most widgets that accept text. The Text widget is likely your best bet to get started, though. :)
CosmicCometInOrbit

Welcome to my home. One rule, though...

one-does-not-simply-walk-into-my-room.jpg

Here's to looking at you, kid.

You are on: Forums » Introductions » Hi and HELP ME

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus