Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Furcadian RP

Kim Site Admin

I know there are a metric butt-ton of Furcadians using the Repository, but I'm not sure how many of us know about each other. So let's all meet each other and hopefully find some new RP partners. Probably it would be good if we could describe our characters and the sorts of RPs we are most interested in getting them into.

So my main character is Safiye, a human noble. What I would most like to find for her is other noble characters. She knows a lot of people who used to be nobility and then somehow lost or gave up their title, but it would be swell if she knew a few more who wanted to "act their rank" with her. Swank parties and politics could be in our RP futures, my friends.

Other than nobles, she can never know too many merchants. If they're a rich enough merchant they might even get insinuated into the swank parties and politics! ;)

And finally, characters that are artists would be great to know more of. She is a patron of the arts and commissions large paintings and sculptures on a very regular basis.

Have a different sort of character you think would be a good RP match for her? I am open to suggestions of all kinds.

The other character it would be nice to find a few other people to play with is Aria, Safiye's daughter. She is four years old and needs more children to play with! She is also a budding musician and might benefit from more music instructors.

I also have Aethaerraent but... Well, yeah.

So who else plays Furcadia and who would you like to connect with? :D
Me! Me! I Play Furcadia!
I dont think I've ever had more than 10 alts :P If I'm online, I'm on my main, Reinage. If not It's Mirkin (old and practically dead, but ported terribly and invincable :D) And I just created Isis Dragon, named after my second cousin 0_0 I don't know what I'll do with her but I was bored of not changing any colours (due to not wanting to draw another ref with new colours for Rei)
Currently Isis is anthro at the moment and basically looks like me and dresses like me :D I don't want to go into much detail, seeing as shes entirely WIP, so she has brown hair and wears T-shirts with jeans :D Pretty much has my personality too. Hot headed, clumsy, over emotional, over protective (over close ones duhh) and gets some crazy mood swings. I don't like playing anthros though, sorry D: Unless your looking for like, a body guard that sucks at fighting and can pretend to be scary ;D
Rei, (having a tygard and all, thanks Jo, Inx, whoever,) is a panther-ess :D She can speak english, seeing as I never pay attention to anthro/feral crosses with her XD She's also my oldest alt, I can't remember how long I've had her. 4+ years. She's generally quiet, but not really shy. She gets random burts of hyper. (That would be me bored with the RP xD) She can get pretty intimate, though she's reluctant. :P She's had a few changes in her life.. Phoe, Dragon, Human, Tiger-cross-something-or-other, Panther. She's had a baby, though died no more than a month later. (actually like a year because nobody wants to play new born fatherless babies xD) She misses her adoptive mother and her ex husband, one of her (step-adoptive?)fathers, and recently is constantly waiting on visits from her current love interest. She reminisces about her adoptive mothers' 'Bar n Grill', where she was adopted first. She loved and still loves the place and wishes mostly on her mothers' return and a new opening of the place. Currently she hangs around in Imaginarium because, well, why not? Lays in her own little hidden spot in the forest, where most RPs start with "was wandering through the forest" or something or other, where one would then stumble upon a black pantheress laying at a table :D Woo random wild cats. Usually when asked her about her relationship, she replies "uninterested" leaving you confused about why :D
Im rambling aren't I? I'm not going to talk about Mir much, seeing as she's a lost cause and whoever is reading this is probably bored out of their mind. I never ever use her any more XD Basically, she's a fluffy dragon that can shift into a snowy fox and vice versa. She likes hunting mutant beatles :D The tip of her tail is blue because I messed up one of her ports and the other is so terribly ugly I don't want to look at it.

Both Isis and Rei can be found in the Imaginarium, mostly Rein, and if not, I've probably got Rei in another dream with friends or testing something. For them I'd like any RPer at all. Wouldn't it be fun just to see how things roll out when you wing it? C: BTW sorry for the smiley overload.
I've been on Furc on and off for a long time over many names, although the one I've always had has been Kiita Aluwin. I don't get a chance to play her, or many of the other alts I currently have on there, much, though, and aside from Kiita (as well as The Closet Fop and The Cat that Came Back, alts that are characters but not suitable for serious RP in most cases), what alts I have active on there tends to cycle with whatever I feel like at the moment. Of the characters on my profile, both Ismay Merriot and Catlike Hellion Miel are on Furc, but they're not played regularly.

The thing is that I would happily use Furc as a medium for RP (it was one of a couple places I started out RPing 8 years ago or so), but I have a lot of trouble finding a dream that really catches my eye. I wind up building dreams a lot, but they get ruined somehow (I have bad luck with dreams breaking for no apparent reasons) or I don't finish them. >_>
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, I've got a few characters that I play semi-regularly on Furc. I really should do up more profile pages for 'em, one of these days.

My main character these days has been Rhaetia. She's human, a trained wizardess and professor of the magical arts, and a minor noble of the kingdom she was born in. She... doesn't quite have the refinement that nobility usually begets, though, and I tend to place her homeland in an entirely different dimension than wherever she's in currently, so it's not like it really matters too much, anyways. :3

There's also Serenne, a gryphon whose profession falls under the category of valkyrie. She's not supernatural besides a couple of faith-based spells (including limited shapeshifting to a raven) - no serving ale in Valhalla for her! I really do need to get a description of her 'type' of valkyrie written, at some point - I've not come across many others that portray their lasses as mortals before.

Icewing Ryka'ar (half-feral ice-bird), Daelin (forest kitsune priest), and Tsukideshi (shadow kitsune guardian) round out my most-used cadre. I've got a few other concepts flitting around my head that I've just been too lazy to actually do anything with, too. I need more coffee and less lure of the interwebs. :3
Ilmarinen Moderator

I've been going by the name Heimdall in Furcadia for the past six months. I was Kain Ragnorok for 10 years before that, and I hope I don't change up on folks like that again. X) My active RP alts are currently all a part of the continuity I help run, Skuldhellir. (PS, we're looking for awesome people like you.) My light mage rider byrdde, Tillik; my arena master minotaur scumbag, Zazeal; and my naive gigantic dragoness, Sunnie.

In the past I've dabbled in more characters than I can count, but only got serious with a couple. Kain was my first character who grew so much over our many years together, turning into a grizzled old battleaxe of a woman. I also had 13, who was a cyborg alien and one of my only non-medieval fantasy characters.

I also do some roleplay and "persona" play with Ferrow, who's my sweet minstrel fae character. I have a half-finished plushie of him sitting on top of my bookshelf. He's all like, "I have a mullet, Heimdall, please give me a haircut! And some clothes!"
I've been on and off Furc for about seven years now, and as of late I've been putting all my efforts into getting Bailos together as a proper, well thought out character, though as with most things the most difficult part is getting the idea of him out of my mind. He's a D&D based wizard character from Calimport (A large desert trading town), who's in the past been employed by Pashas (Crime lords), so he could do something along the lines of political intrigue, and knows how to be around nobility. Feel free to read more about him on his page, assuming I ever get around to finishing it. XD
I don't go on Furcadia but I have one character who might be good for Safiye - I have a troubadour called Lysander who could be commissioned to write someting for her or teach her daughter music.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

I was just reading your introductory post and thinking the same thing, Daphne! I was gonna PM you and see if we couldn't put our heads together. :)
Furcadia? Oh, yes. <:

If you've met me, you've probably seen me on the alt Edwarde, which is both my main account and the name I roleplay my chronomancer under. (We certainly have a lot of wizards on this thread, don't we? *rubs hands together*) I've stuck with him for about 4-5 years so far! He's very interested in studying Time, but when he's not being all wizard-like, he enjoys making clocks, reading books, having a drink or two at the local pub, and blatting some chipper tunes off of his accordion. He likes talking to other spellcasters, especially if they study really weird magics.

I'm usually found hanging around in Skuldhellir, too, which I also help to run. When I'm not, I'm probably afk in the Imaginarium, or dreamhopping.

I do have a couple of other characters that I haven't done too much with yet, as well--one of them is Clock, who was really fun to work on. I've just been looking for a good setting to put him in!
I go by my main Mortain. I also have many other side alts I run to keep dreams up and monitor them all the time.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

For those of you who've talked about your characters, are there particular character types or environments that you'd like to find to play your own characters with? Sometimes that can help people to find one another better.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Well, I'm thoroughly pleased with the setting that I and the other old members of Northkeep brainstormed, Skuldhellir. Almost every founding member had some kinda say about what went into it, so it's really awesome and unique. Dwarfs for the win!

But I must say, I would LOVE a historically accurate Viking dream/setting, even if it weren't for intensive roleplay. I don't know how it'd work, either, since the warriors would always be away raiding. I'm sure something could be done to explain it... I'd just LOVE to see it. Northkeep and to a lesser extend Skuldhellir both have Norse themes and flavors to them, but I'd really like something pure. (But hey, I AM making a mead hall for my main alt to lard around in all day...)
+1 wizard.

I've rped on Furcadia for quite a while now although I've never really gotten seriously into it until I came to Northkeep, and now on Skuldhellir I'm having a great time!

Skuldhellir is quite a good setting for most of my characters, some which were odd to be present in Northkeep, like Anukha.
I play Furcadia. My character is rich, due to an ill-begotten inheritance, and she's also an artist.

I'd like to do medieval fantasy-type roleplays with people. Anything involving magic or seeking treasure would be fantastic. Possibly also fighting monsters and romance.

I'd like my character to associate more with other magic users, particularly warlocks like herself. Magic users are her people, yo.
I've got more alts than I care to name, but the OOC alt I've had on Furcadia since 2003 or so is Thoreau, and that is what most of my old online homies know me as. I chill out in strict Dragonlands canon RPG dreams in Imaginarium, mostly in the Port of Egerias since I'm running it now, and consider myself obnoxiously friendly. :B

Even if you don't want to RP, if I've got my OOC alt logged in, I'm probably keen on chatting about the canon and making friends with other canon nerds.
Ben Moderator

I play furc! My main character is Narsuun, a wizard and former Lord that I play in strict canon continuities. He is currently organizing a rebellion against King Callistin!

I have another incarnation of the alt that I play in non-canon communities as well.

My other favourite is my villain, a necromancer named Akalashin.

+2 wizards.
I'm on Furcadia from time to time. I play Kikuto a spotted hyena hermit.
TwistedEmotions

I play Furcadia! My main alt is Nero of Wolves (original name, I know.) She's not a noble, but I do love to roleplay with her. Her info is here if you want to read more: http://www.rprepository.com/c/nero But, because she's a werewolf, I have a very hard time finding a place for her to roleplay besides Paradise Haven, in Hawthorn. Either there isn't any other dream that will let her in, or the people are constantly afk. :c It's not like she's gunna kill everyone, sheesh. Quite the opposite...

Anyway, I don't sign in very often, thanks to college work, but I like making friends. Nero does too! Soooo if you want to look me up, I'd love to rp, or even just chat. xD
Yuka

I'm a Furc rper. My characters often played are...
Forsard, a human descended from an unseelie sidhe, who came to Guildereim (TGT's island) via a tear in the veil between worlds that is often exploited by a slave-carrying vessel while tracking my other alt, Romain, a human knight possessed by a Dread Creature. Before his body was taken over, he was a Knight for Brantome in early medieval France, and Forsard was one of the mercenaries under his command as an executioner and torturer. During one of Forsard's 'jobs', he became a living phylactery (for lack of other words) to a 470-year old necromancer. While already able to weild the arcane, he now can access the aether more as a result, and has become the man's acolyte.
My other character's are Akolouthos, a Persian winged serpent in human form... Laermeluion, a siren x elf who his currently ICly shipwrecked just off TGT's coast as the result of a storm he was too weak to do anything about... and Pulchra, a former Chief Vestal Virgin from Rome who is now a researcher for Mithras Keep on the mainland.
<,< Phew

I'm currently most active on either Forsard or Romain, although I'm waiting til my main rp partner's drive comes back to get Laer' going again, and Pul can just be npc'd almost at this point.
got back in to furc a couple weeks ago after about a decade of absence; http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=1921 for details

summary: standard adventurer jackass, recent graduate, pretty boring

usable in a decent range of settings, usually not modern though - right now she mostly hangs out in silverion island, it's got some pretty decent rpers

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Furcadian RP

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus