Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Death of my laptop

I am currently writing from my mobil phone. Sadly my laptops valient stand against the armys of my processor and motherboard, to give me time to get my most important files from said laptop, proved to much for the lone and valient hero. It died this morning and is no more. Sadly this leaves me without any computer for the next week or so. To those I'm in rps with I am very sorry. And hopefully it won't be to long befofre I can purchas a new one.
My condolences. It's always sad to see a brave laptop go. Hopefully you'll find a good deal on a new one soon! Good luck. :)
Oh, that sucks! :o I hope you find a new one for a good price and can hang on meantime! Best of luck!
Lo there do I see my Desktop. Lo there do I see my Monitor and my Laptops and my PDAs. Lo there do I see the line of my manufacturers, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever.

Rest in piece oh brave one.
Awwww that sucks babe. :( I think I might be joining you in your quest for a new clacker. :( I'm hoping that I've left my lappy at work instead of what I think I might have done ( put it down when locking the front gate and driving off with it sitting on the kerb :( ) ) don't worry about our stories, take all the time you need xo
Kim Site Admin

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that both of you have missing laptop syndrome! Good luck in finding new ones. :(
I have No Laptop and a defunct desktop syndrome. Wait...A desktop? Do people even use those anymore? Heh. Here's hoping both of you get back up and running soon enough.
At least it died as a true hero. Good luck for finding a new laptop. :)
Lance2011 wrote:
I have No Laptop and a defunct desktop syndrome. Wait...A desktop? Do people even use those anymore? Heh. Here's hoping both of you get back up and running soon enough.
-raises hand- 3 desktops, 2 laptops. and none of them work...
Yuka

Ouch, that sucks. Hope everything works out for you dude :)
Drayle88 wrote:
Lance2011 wrote:
-raises hand- 3 desktops, 2 laptops. and none of them work...

Let's see har... I have my mom's old Dell desktop, which is circa 2004, my old desktop I built around... fffour years ago, maybe? Miss that gaming rig :(. An old i386 thing from... like... 1992, some old compaq that I got because I'm 'the computer/car guy' among my friends, a few power supplies running around - every single one of them dead. Well, one might be alive, but I harvested it for wires and I'm not sticking my tongue on a capacitor to find out. Laptopwise I have my nearly-brand-new one I got for $20 because a friends sister is... derp, we'll say (it had an ant infestation and needed a hard drive wipe), and also my mom's Dell lappy which is... maybe around four or five years now.

I also have a box full of processors, RAM (DDR1/2, some laptop SO-DIMMS, some old school SDRAM, and a couple of that Z-whatever stuff. ZDRAM or ZBUS or whatever it is. Techies, you know what I'm talking about), laptop screens, cables, old motherboards, actual processor sockets (I'm bored and am armed with a dremel and solgering iron), and so much crap I'm forgetting. This box is about three feet wide by two feet tall, stacked to the brim.

I look forward to the day when nano-tech is publicly available.
Don't worry! He/She is still with you in spirit! I know of these things.
(also, the harddrive is removable and should be able to be built into a normal desktop PC ((the superior kind of PCs!)), in case you still need to get to some of your files.)
Lance2011 wrote:

Hah, I got mainly desktops cause laptops can't match their performance *thumbs up* (unless we're talking about uneven prices)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Death of my laptop

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus