Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » I am sorry, but I'm swamped.

Jetticus

I will be gone for the next few days due to massive amounts of homework. I have to program using the JDK and I am not as familiar as I would like to be. I also have a test coming up. I feel like a moron about my Algebra, and considering I would like to become a great programmer, I really need to get on top of this. So I will likely take the next three days to nail my studies to the wall. I apologize if I have messed up any of your RPing or Groups because of this, but I will post in each of them one last time today and then take a leave of absence.

Please Forgive Me,
Jetticus
Kim Site Admin

If it makes you feel any better, I'm an okay programmer and preposterously terrible at math. Although I'd like to be better, logic is more commonly the necessary skill. Plus, now I can order computers to do math for me. Muahahaha!

Good for you for focusing on your studies, and best of luck! We'll be here waiting when you get back. :D
Jett it's okay man! :D Real life is a whole lot more important than RP. Sure we all love it and want not but real life takes a little more priority over rp :) Good luck on your tests :D
Darth_Angelus Moderator

No problem Jetticus, studies are important and we'll be here when you get back. Best of luck! :)
Kim wrote:
Plus, now I can order computers to do math for me. Muahahaha!

You'll start the machine uprising with comments like that!
Sanne Moderator

Darth_Angelus wrote:
No problem Jetticus, studies are important and we'll be here when you get back. Best of luck! :)
Kim wrote:
Plus, now I can order computers to do math for me. Muahahaha!

You'll start the machine uprising with comments like that!

*readies her bug-canon and aims for Skynet* Not on my watch!!

Go be heroic Jett, I'll stand guard!
Jetticus Topic Starter

Thank you all, I bid you ado.
Jetticus wrote:
Thank you all, I bid you ado.

Good luck, man. If it makes you feel any better, I'm so bad at math that I can barely grasp algebra (passed my freshman year of highschool with a 'D' ;D) and never did take Geometry. If you have your heart and mind set on something, don't worry about the obstacles - you'll power through them as you encounter them.

Also, and this is to anyone in the know, but what does JDK stand for? Java/Javascript Developers kit? I think SDK is Software Developers Kit, but since I don't really do anything outside of webcoding for fun, this is new to me.
You be a good puppy and don't piddle on the carpet. I'll miss you while you are gone. Good luck with everything xo
Yuck school. And I hate algebra! Good luck, and just do your best! :D
Kim Site Admin

Bonebag wrote:
Also, and this is to anyone in the know, but what does JDK stand for? Java/Javascript Developers kit?

Yes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Java_Development_Kit
Jetticus Topic Starter

I'm BACK! LET'S DO THIS!
Jetticus wrote:
I'm BACK! LET'S DO THIS!

WB!
Jetticus Topic Starter

I wanna rp the roof off this place... and such!
Jetticus wrote:
I wanna rp the roof off this place... and such!
You look exactly like someone at my work (I'm a Jimmy John's sandwich slave) who actually sat down and trained me my first few days, therefore you are automatically in my 'This is a good person. I like this guy!' column in my book.

Also, welcome back man. How'd your test... thing go? I think it was a test? I'd double check, but that would jinx my connection, which my neighbors are kindly lending to me.

Hah. Lending. Hahah. ...Iamhorribleneighbor.
Jetticus Topic Starter

I aced it! I dominated it and programmed my face off in JDK(Java Developers Kit) and I feel AWESOME!

Also thanks you for the compliment, I didn't train you... or did I... WITH THE FORCE... lol
Excellent, mang. This topic makes me want to retry the CompTIA A+ exam. Missed passing by two questions on the 2007 version because I got cocky. I'd suggest not doing that :|
Jetticus Topic Starter

getting cocky typically leads to poor understanding and also... sadness... lol I have been down a similar road with a similar test... then I lost my job... YAY! :{
Then feel better with this heart-felt banner I made, just for you. It is utterly and completely unique - not a single thing like it exists anywhere else on the internet, or in the world, let alone the universe.

jetticus.png
Jetticus Topic Starter

Bonebag wrote:
Then feel better with this heart-felt banner I made, just for you. It is utterly and completely unique - not a single thing like it exists anywhere else on the internet, or in the world, let alone the universe.

jetticus.png

Thank you very much! You're awesome Bonebag! DUDE I'M ADDING YOUR FACE NOW... AH!
Good puppy. *petpats and drags back to 2012* Come play.. :D

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » I am sorry, but I'm swamped.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus