Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Another world, another life (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Yandela Elderel (played by ShadowStryker)

hannibal32 wrote:
When did the setting be decided as modern? Was that agreed earlier? Sorry if I missed it.

It was stated a couple pages ago (or maybe the last page) in this thread that the world is a conclomegation of all our character's fears, so it makes sense to have settings familiar to that character: i.e. Scol's city.

Edward Hudacious wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
Also I have to say something simply because it's been bugging me and I may be wrong but wasn't the "TARDIS" a title given by the Doctor to his TARDIS? I though the other Gallifreyans (sp?) didn't call theirs by that...

A T.A.R.D.I.S is the accurate original name for each Tardis.
The only reason the Doctor calls his that is because it's the only one out there in the show.
The Master, The Rani and all the other known TimeLords referred to theirs as The Tardis as well.

If you want to get real nitpicky, The Doctor has several inappropriate names for his Tardis, which i'm sure you all know.

Ah, yes, I recall this now. My parents, who aren't fans of the show in the first place (too wibbly wobbly for them) were quite shocked when they walked in on a few of those...
hannibal32

Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
When did the setting be decided as modern? Was that agreed earlier? Sorry if I missed it.

It was stated a couple pages ago (or maybe the last page) in this thread that the world is a conclomegation of all our character's fears, so it makes sense to have settings familiar to that character: i.e. Scol's city.

Does Sin not have to agree to that?
Mars Reneau (played by SugaarCereal)

hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

Yeah I just thought it was a guess, not an actuality

hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

I'm new to thread RP, so I'm not sure of all the rules and such, but Sin's been a bit absent since their character did his part. I mean, life catches us all sometimes, but still... We can't cross reference something if the reference isn't there and we weren't provided with sufficient info. We should have asked questions too, though.

I'm not saying we should charge ahead with that if Sin does pop up, or even if they don't. Nor am I trying to override anything.

Just to clear things up cuz I'm paranoid about angering people.

Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

I'm new to thread RP, so I'm not sure of all the rules and such, but Sin's been a bit absent since their character did his part. I mean, life catches us all sometimes, but still... We can't cross reference something if the reference isn't there and we weren't provided with sufficient info. We should have asked questions too, though.

Yeah but it's only been like a day or so. I've also noticed sin only really gets only in the early morning say 3 am in central US time

Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

Yeah but it's only been like a day or so. I've also noticed sin only really gets only in the early morning say 3 am in central US time

Yeah, I've noticed that too, which makes it that much more difficult to progress. WHY MUST THE WORLD HAVE A SENSIBLE ROTATION TO THE DAY SO DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD SLEEP AT DIFFERENT TIMES.
Talbot Argentum (played by Quantipede)

Yandela Elderel wrote:
Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

Yeah, I've noticed that too, which makes it that much more difficult to progress. WHY MUST THE WORLD HAVE A SENSIBLE ROTATION TO THE DAY SO DIFFERENT PEOPLE IN DIFFERENT PARTS OF THE WORLD SLEEP AT DIFFERENT TIMES.

Because if the world was flat and without time zones we'd have no gravitational leverage to the planet or oxygen and die out rather rapidly.

Scolopendra wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

Because if the world was flat and without time zones we'd have no gravitational leverage to the planet or oxygen and die out rather rapidly.

Well aren't you Mr Sensible.
Talbot Argentum (played by Quantipede)

Yandela Elderel wrote:
Scolopendra wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
hannibal32 wrote:

Well aren't you Mr Sensible.

Sorry for logic.

Sugaar, you and I have a bad habit of replying at the same time. XD

Yandela Elderel wrote:

Yes i've noticed, prob cause Yandala and Mars have to react to the same stuff :p

Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:

Yes i've noticed, prob cause Yandala and Mars have to react to the same stuff :p

I believe we can make it work. -anime pose of belief and inspiration-
hannibal32

How about this as an idea as there are seven items each one is in a different area. The one some of you are heading for holds the worst fears. Others are more fantasy like.

Yandela Elderel wrote:
Mars Reneau wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:

I believe we can make it work. -anime pose of belief and inspiration-

Dont reply yet! please mars needs to tell this guy off first

...dammit

Yandela Elderel wrote:
...dammit

Keep going I'll delete mine.

Yandela Elderel wrote:
Yandela Elderel wrote:
...dammit

Keep going I'll delete mine.

no dont ill just tag team
Edward (played by Hudacious)

Well it's really late, i'll be going off for tonight.

Be seeing you guys tomorrow :)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Another world, another life (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus