Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Finding Buried Treasure

Have you ever found some years-old log or story of/based on an RP you did millions of years ago only to discover that it was atrociously cliche, terribly written and causes strong feelings of wanting to do it all over again because it was just so dang fun?

I did that this morning and I'm this close to seeing if I can pick it up again, haha!
Dragonfire Moderator

Oh, man, I know I have. Less finding logs or whatnot - most of my old, awesome logs were lost in a catastrophic computer failure five years ago - but still, just remembering old shenanigans is enough. Some of it is pretty darned terrible, but I'll be damned if it wasn't fun at the time! Probably still would be, in fact.

Recently, I've been having urges to post on this old Pokémon-based RP I modded. It died right around this time of year a couple years ago, so that's probably why it's popped back up in memory. Some of the character interactions there were pretty neat. /nostalgic-sigh
I love saving all the games I've played that were really interesting and had really good stories. unfortunately a lot of them are unfinished :( I am still in touch witht the people I was playing with but they have no desire to get back to it, which is unfortunate. And thinking about it now, my internet life has been comprised of 90% role-playing XD
I have a lot of mine bookmarked, and one really epic dark roleplay that I actually saved in Word, and every time I go back to reread that thing, I find myself overwhelmed with my dark Magnificent Bastard villain. Oh, how I'd love the chance to play him again. >.>
I recently started going through my old RPs and archiving them into notepad. In doing so I've unearthed RPs that I truly loved doing but for some reason or another never finished. Most were mediocre at best, but I still had great fun with them and now want to dust them off and play them again, or at least revise and replay.

I also recently learned that my MSN wasn't saving an RP I was doing, and thus the majority of it is lost for good. That's a shame because it's a good one...
USES NECROMANCY TO BRING BACK THIS TOPIC FROM THE DEPTHS OF THE UNDERWORLD!

Hey, look guys; buried treasure.
Rogue-Scribe

(Hey it’s a fellow dumpster-diver!)

... like when I found the box with all the warhammer miniatures and the TSR 2nd Edition D&D campaign DM notes and hand-drawn maps and all ... the adventure party was left camping in a cedar grove as they tried to figure out how to get a stone door in a cliff side open. Not very original asI was ripping it out of the Lord of the Rings books....

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Finding Buried Treasure

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus