Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Lots of Fantasy, Looking for Group (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Rynh wrote:
If I may suggest something. I'm always planning on plot hooks in case I end up in a group RP or I end up leading one. A side effect of DMing, probably, but I think I may have an adventure hook for us.

I'd prefer to keep the setting to medieval fantasy and generally vague, so all of our characters can fit in. Now, as for the plot hook.

Let's say there's a region that has been experiencing an unnatural drought, which is slowly but surely ruining the place. Once fertile fields are dying, poor people start to riot as water gets hoarded and becomes more expensive. The local leader, be it a duke, wizard or royal, claims to know a way to make the land fertile again, but it requires a dangerous trek to a different land, where the so called Spirit of the River lives, who commands Water Elementals and whatnot, but more importantly, a way to control the flow of water. Our party accepts the quest for whatever reason they have and thus travel through many dangers, hardships and things that make no sense.

How's that sound to everyone?
I like the idea ! Plus it will be interesting to watch Pyronnis react to something like that. Of course, we'll wait on the original poster, but I like the idea.
The Coffeys (played by PMFantastica)

Rynh wrote:
If I may suggest something. I'm always planning on plot hooks in case I end up in a group RP or I end up leading one. A side effect of DMing, probably, but I think I may have an adventure hook for us.

I'd prefer to keep the setting to medieval fantasy and generally vague, so all of our characters can fit in. Now, as for the plot hook.

Let's say there's a region that has been experiencing an unnatural drought, which is slowly but surely ruining the place. Once fertile fields are dying, poor people start to riot as water gets hoarded and becomes more expensive. The local leader, be it a duke, wizard or royal, claims to know a way to make the land fertile again, but it requires a dangerous trek to a different land, where the so called Spirit of the River lives, who commands Water Elementals and whatnot, but more importantly, a way to control the flow of water. Our party accepts the quest for whatever reason they have and thus travel through many dangers, hardships and things that make no sense.

Sounds awesome! It also means that I'll be using a different character. Karen and the Coffeys are more suited for adventure.
Woah guys, just wait a moment. You guys haven't even seen my suggestion yet. Click this. http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=1399&page=forum&page2=The_World_of_Sairia

That contains all you need to know about Sairia.

Say, what do you think of it Rynh?
.....It's been about two days? And nobody's posted back? Are you guys reading what's in the link or something?
SkyePath Topic Starter

Sorry, I'm getting around to reading everything, it might take a bit. Weekends are very very iffy on replies for me, due to not having any internet whatsoever at home, so I use the school's wifi!
All of these ideas sound wonderful so far, but I'm still reading and looking over it all. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I've read through it all!
SkyePath Topic Starter

Rynh wrote:

This sounds A+ man. A lot like I was looking for, adventures and quests. My favourite!
I'm still looking at other posts as of right now, but I'll let everyone know!
SkyePath Topic Starter

Draken901 wrote:
Woah guys, just wait a moment. You guys haven't even seen my suggestion yet. Click this. http://www.rprepository.com/group/group.php?gID=1399&page=forum&page2=The_World_of_Sairia

That contains all you need to know about Sairia.

Say, what do you think of it Rynh?

I absolutely love how much detail is in this group, you have no idea! I love what both you and Rynh wrote. However, I would like to see what the others who will be doing this think about it.
Perhaps something along the lines of what Rynh wrote in a world like Draken901's? That sounds super obvious when I put it like that, Gods, I'm not this dumb all the time guys I promise.
SkyePath Topic Starter

MyWorld wrote:
SkyePath wrote:
Oh gosh I never expected to have this many people reply!
Give me some time to finish fleshing out more of Sevyc's story and we can get started. I'm totally fine with letting all of you in.
What kind of story are we all looking at here? I would like to have some semblance of a plot before we begin.
Great! I'm excited to hear you're okay with us all rping. Are there any do's/ or don'ts you have as far as plots?

Do's and Dont's?? Well, not really! As I said earlier, I'm not super picky, as long as it involves everyone!
Prabu (played by SeraphicStar)

I quite like the plot idea given by Rynh! I must admit, though, I'd feel more comfortable if the setting we played in was left undefined.
I'd also be more comfortable if the setting is rather vague. Don't get me wrong, Draken! I've read through it, and it's clear you've put a lot of love into it. But if we leave the setting vague, we can add in any fantasy character we'd like without having to justify them being so far away from their usual playground, so to say. In our minds, we'd be able to say we're still in, let's say, The Forgotten Realms, or Sairia, without feeling out of place.
I'll join no matter what - I'm sure I'll be able to create someone who'll fit in under any cicumstances :D
This is legit my first forum post ever on here and I'm cool with whatever, I'd love to join but please excuse me if I'm a bit nooby, trying out new RP websites really trips me out. I'll make sure to make a new character if my current ones don't fit the theme.
SkyePath Topic Starter

Lolmeeshker57 wrote:
This is legit my first forum post ever on here and I'm cool with whatever, I'd love to join but please excuse me if I'm a bit nooby, trying out new RP websites really trips me out. I'll make sure to make a new character if my current ones don't fit the theme.

It's fine, I'm totally nooby to forums too hah
SkyePath Topic Starter

Well, it seems most people like Rynh's plot with just a basic fantasy-ish setting, so we'll go with that if y'all want! Y'all for it?
Quantipede

Aye
The Coffeys (played by PMFantastica)

way the heck for it. where will the rp be taking place?
SkyePath Topic Starter

Once more people say if they're for it or not, I'll start a new topic in the Fantasy RP Forum!
Sweet! I can't wait!
I'm in! 😄
I'm in.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Lots of Fantasy, Looking for Group (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus