Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » You are dead. Oh dear. ((closed))

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hello folks,

To most of you, Halloween is over. But I've still got spooky fever! And as such I'm in the mood for something that involves spooks, wraiths, ghouls and other things from the realm beyond ours. Thus I have come up with this.

Your character dies suddenly. Doesn't matter how, but it happens out of nowhere. When their spirits rise from the grave, they do not go to the afterlife! Instead they're chained up with some stranger who also died, wearing clothes befitting a cursed ghost. They find themselves a land similar to ours, yet different in almost every way, a sort of pit stop in between the afterlife and actual life, if you will. It is a land for cursed souls who are not yet capable of reaching their promised paradise. Now the chained duo has to traverse this strange spectral land in order to get back to their bodies, for their time has not yet come. Death is very strict when it comes to your demise, after all.

I am looking 1x1's or perhaps even a small group of 2 or 3 other people. I've had bad experiences with large groups disbanding in the past, and would like to avoid that if I can by limiting the amount of people I interact with. If this idea strikes your fancy, why, then you're a special cupcake, aren't you? I do like cupcakes. Hit me up!

The character's I'm seeking to use are either Aearion, Alfie or Valder. Don't ask me why I want to see them deal with being dead. I'm just a strange man.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 30%
Renaissance
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'd be interested in this. My character, Ferric, was written in one of my timelines as dead. So it would be a little nice to explore some of that within this setting. :y If you're okay with it, anyway.
I do have a character I would like to try,Rimkaru, She already dead, so it would be interesting to see how the story develops.
Though they haven't died in a RP (Oh no, one step behind ;c), I think it'd be interesting if I can have some sort of RP for one of my character's afterlife, so I'm interested! I presume this is for Fantasy characters, so I'd probably choose either Angel, Evelyn, or Aayla. (most likely one of the two former)

Just a few questions. To access this version of an 'afterlife' you need to escape, can your character simply be cursed? Also, when you say paragraphs required, do you expect three for a normal post, or more paragraphs than that?
I'd certainly be interested. I think it'd be fun to use Abelith, Brooke Hughes, Pezvhak for this.
if ya still got spot.. Caelius, The Walker or Vierry might fit the RP.
Pirate Topic Starter

Five people? More than enough! Thread closed!

And now it's time for the replies.
FreeJayFly wrote:
I'd be interested in this. My character, Ferric, was written in one of my timelines as dead. So it would be a little nice to explore some of that within this setting. :y If you're okay with it, anyway.

He'll fit nicely! Welcome aboard!
RelaxRehab wrote:
I do have a character I would like to try,Rimkaru, She already dead, so it would be interesting to see how the story develops.

Hey man, not that I don't like your character or anything, but I'd prefer a character that is technically still alive. I have an IC reason why this is so important, and not to mention the end goal of this all is to get back to your body. So if someone has been dead for a while, I don't think you'll enjoy being a rotten corpse for the rest of your life. But I'd love to have you a part of this, just with a different character!
Sketch444 wrote:
I'd certainly be interested. I think it'd be fun to use Abelith, Brooke Hughes, Pezvhak for this.

I'd go for either Abelith or Brooke, since I don't think having a manticore chained to someone will make for a balanced game.
RainbowToRosie wrote:
Though they haven't died in a RP (Oh no, one step behind ;c), I think it'd be interesting if I can have some sort of RP for one of my character's afterlife, so I'm interested! I presume this is for Fantasy characters, so I'd probably choose either Angel, Evelyn, or Aayla. (most likely one of the two former)

Just a few questions. To access this version of an 'afterlife' you need to escape, can your character simply be cursed? Also, when you say paragraphs required, do you expect three for a normal post, or more paragraphs than that?

You've got the gist of it. Fantasy characters would fit perfectly! My person preference goes out to Evelyn, if that helps in deciding which one you want to use.

Well, I've got a reason why this has happened to your character all of a sudden, which will get revealed in the story. Consider your death a mystery until we get to that point. As for the paragraphs thing, I do realize it's impossible to create multiple paragraphs of text as an answer to a simple question or anything like that without horrid amounts of fluff. What I mean with paragraphs is that I do not want one liners. I simply want you to give me something I can work with when you reply so the RP doesn't fall dead in its tracks.

Olthain wrote:
if ya still got spot.. Caelius, The Walker or Vierry might fit the RP.

You will always have a place in my RPs Sempai. I like Vierry the most. Use him!
Awesome! I'm actually pretty excited for this chance to RP Ferric a little more seriously after a long while. :'D

Not to mention that it'll be great to see how everyone reacts to the situation.
Vierry it is, she'll probs be scared as hell though :D
Ooo, so that means I am in? Awesome! I can't wait for the RP! ^.^ I'll be Evelyn.
Do you have a preference over whether you'd rather me use Abelith or Brooke?

And is this gonna be one big rp or several one on ones?
Pirate Topic Starter

Doesn't matter to me. I like Brooke, but you can go for whoever you wish, m80

Final question before I start up the RP. Do you guys prefer this to be done via the forums or via PMs? Either work for me!
I'd prefer PM simply because I can find the RP easier whenever I am going to reply. x3
Either works for me as well. Are we going to have a post order?
Either method also works for me. u v u
Pirate Topic Starter

Then PM it is! I'll get the post going as soon as I hear from RelaxRehab!
Pirate Topic Starter

Post is up. I won't implement a post order, as I don't see the use of it. Post whenever you feel like!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » You are dead. Oh dear. ((closed))

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus