Skip to main content

Forums » Introductions » An overdue greeting

Hi,

I signed up to this site back in 2010 when I was still using the name 'Luna', but since then most people call me Mori nowadays. I'm 24 now, I have both Aspergers, Dyspraxia and Coeliac Disease.

Uh. Okay, I had to step back and realise that I've been kinda on-off roleplaying for almost five years now, and maybe a little before that. Wow.

I'm an aspiring artist, hoping to branch into Comics if possible, and I can do a mean painting in the style of a Rembrandt oil painting in Photoshop. I'd link the painting, but I can't because of the rules about things like nipples, and rather than risk showing a man's nipple, I will describe it as best as I can:

You see a painting on your screen. The painting is of a swarthy-toned Caucasian man, with soulful brown eyes and a long straight nose over a pencil thin moustache and tiny goatee and a mona-lisa smile. He is wearing a large black curly wig that falls in ringlets framing his face neatly and falling down his shoulders, reminiscent of the wigs that Judges wear at court. His left shoulder is covered with a white sheet that is falling ever-so-slightly off his shoulder. On top of it, a cape the colour of wine drapes over the shoulder. It reaches around his back and he holds the cape in his right armpit, holding a bronze goblet loosely in his hand, his index finger dangling over the rim. The soft shadow of his arm lies over his right pectoral chest muscle. In front of him is a basket of fruit, a shiny red-yellow apple lies on top of a basket of oranges, some still on the stem. There is also a vine where thick black-purple grapes lie swollen as they half-tumble out of the basket.

I would LOVE to get into Comics, but the trouble is, every last time I've gone for it, bad things have happened, and plots come undone. So at present I'm making character bios so I can be super-duper-prepared when I go for the next big one.

Fandom-wise, Uh. I like the following:
  • Once upon a Time (OUAT)
  • Grimm
  • Marvel's MCU
  • Hellboy

Interests-wise, I can do the following:
  • Draw
  • Speak; BSL, French, German and a teeny bit of Dutch. I can read a few other languages too, mostly Romance-based languages like Latin and Italian. I also can understand a bit of Ancient Greek too.
  • More of a quirk, but I use biology to come up with monster designs and am inspired by real life biology to create things such as monsters, machines or anything else for that matter. Want a steamship designed for aerodynamic superiority and appeal? Make it look like a tropical fish so that it slices through air resistance- a Swordfish or an Angelfish if you want stateliness on top of that for your aristocratic steampunk tea parties.
  • I can tell you about things that happened with reliability from Prehistory including Prehominid Earth, up until about the 1940s or so.
  • Also a fan of Kaiju films.

Uh, I guess that's all and I hope I've not scared any of you off.

...Hi?
Sanne Moderator

Welcome back, or perhaps just a plain old welcome to the forums? :) Either way, good to have you here!

Comics are really hard to do, please do show us when you get started on your new one so we can all enjoy it? :D I'm sure it's going to be awesome! Those are some neat interests too, I'm a big fan of languages myself.

I hope to see more of you around the site!
Rawr~! I guess overdue welcome to you!
Hope you have and will continue to enjoy your stay! XD
Anyway, I guess don't be afraid to hit me up! I do bite, but not much~!

Geez, sticking to my usual greeting was hard for this one XD
As someone who is also a comic fan, enjoys kaiju films, and also tends to design new creations modeled off of new biology, welcome to the forum :D!
Asroc

Yo there! You seem super friendly and awesome.
CosmicCometInOrbit

Welcome! I'm glad to see you've finally said hello!
Kim Site Admin

Welcome! What a wonderful intro, and how incredibly exciting to see an old account come active again! We just had our fifth anniversary this year, so you joined us very early on.

I am guessing due to your reference to rules against male nipples that you are hailing us from Furcadia? :)
Quote:
More of a quirk, but I use biology to come up with monster designs and am inspired by real life biology to create things such as monsters, machines or anything else for that matter. Want a steamship designed for aerodynamic superiority and appeal? Make it look like a tropical fish so that it slices through air resistance- a Swordfish or an Angelfish if you want stateliness on top of that for your aristocratic steampunk tea parties.

Love this! I adore doing stuff like this myself.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask. Pretty much everyone here, from staff to members, will be super happy to help out.
Hi there! Welcome back to RPR! x3
Welcome back(?) to RPR! I hope you've been enjoying the site when you've been using it on and off these past few years :)
Mori Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
Welcome! What a wonderful intro, and how incredibly exciting to see an old account come active again! We just had our fifth anniversary this year, so you joined us very early on.

I am guessing due to your reference to rules against male nipples that you are hailing us from Furcadia? :)
Quote:
More of a quirk, but I use biology to come up with monster designs and am inspired by real life biology to create things such as monsters, machines or anything else for that matter. Want a steamship designed for aerodynamic superiority and appeal? Make it look like a tropical fish so that it slices through air resistance- a Swordfish or an Angelfish if you want stateliness on top of that for your aristocratic steampunk tea parties.

Love this! I adore doing stuff like this myself.

If you have any questions whatsoever, please don't hesitate to ask. Pretty much everyone here, from staff to members, will be super happy to help out.
I am on Furcadia, but I found the site originally from someone who suggested the site back in 2011 on DA who also had their OC on here back then. The thing about male nipples was just me covering my back in case they too were banned alongside female ones, but I have a censored version I can share once I get on my laptop proper (mobile at the moment).
Welcome back! Might I ask why you've been called Mori? We're also glad that you're well! ^_^

And, I like how detailed you were in that description! Please do share some of your works to us sometime.

Additionally, you know quite a number of languages! I'd love to learn and speak one or two more in the future!
I've been seeing that dancing Stitch around for quite a bit~
Well, I guess you're here to dance for a while then :3
Puppet

Hello there! It seems we have something on common. I'm in to aeronautical and aerospace engineering, and I love to design steampunk ships. I also love biology, and I spend some of my free time making weird monsters too. I hope we can be friends, and welcome you to RPR.
Mori Topic Starter

RinTengoku524 wrote:
Welcome back! Might I ask why you've been called Mori? We're also glad that you're well! ^_^

And, I like how detailed you were in that description! Please do share some of your works to us sometime.

Additionally, you know quite a number of languages! I'd love to learn and speak one or two more in the future!
I'm called Mori because most people cannot spell the full version, Morianrhod, correctly.
HibariHaru

Hi there and welcome to RPR. :) Cute proffy pic.! <3

You are on: Forums » Introductions » An overdue greeting

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus